ADVERTISEMENT

Lazinger's Lists - We hire an OC and other weekend happenings

jlazinger

Senior
Gold Member
Jan 30, 2011
I wanted to throw in a quick few thoughts from a lot of what happened over the weekend.
  • I'm not sure if this will be a good hire or not. None of us will. But at the very least, the idea of it is a great development for a few reasons. One, I think when you have a non dominant FCS program putting up offensive fireworks, it would appear to be good scheming and play calling. I'm interested to see how it goes.
  • I'm glad we didn't hire a "pro style" coordinator. Even Alabama, which has their pick of recruits, stopped running a pro style offense. Even the NFL doesn't have enough good offensive lineman to run pro style offenses as seen by how much scoring is down.
  • This finally makes me feel better that Narduzzi is willing to adapt. The comments about the offense and Whipple after Pitt's best season in 40 years can finally be put to rest. The best teams are rarely winning 21-17. The offense failed them this year. If they had only scored 28 points each game, which is one TD per quarter, they win 7 games and tie/OT/loss to cuse.
  • Getting Brandon George back is really big considering now we only need need to replace Kamara at LB. I'm not sure it's a big deal Temple is back but we need bodies.
  • Losing Willis sucks. That was a great recruiting win and I'm not quite sure why anyone would want to go to Syracuse.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News