ADVERTISEMENT

Lee commits - and so does Reid

It's funny because it's true.
Maybe this OC is smarter than that. I’m guessing this RB, when used, will be used almost exclusively in space. That is certainly how the little WR will be used. Like Canada used Q Henderson.

The biggest concern any of us should have is finding the right QB to run this offense. Highly mobile and a quick decision maker. Pretty sure we don’t have that right now.

Well we are all certainly hoping that!
I’ve got a good feeling about this guy. Year 1 may not be pretty as we completely retool, but I suspect we will see some creativity with personnel use and situational play calling at Pitt that we haven’t seen in a long time.

The offensive product Duzz has put out there the last 2 years—and yes I’m including Izzy’s big season—was as bland as can be and virtually unwatchable.

I shouldn’t have mentioned Vincent Davis. All I can see now is him in short yardage, turning his back to contact, and losing yardage. That and fumbling multiple times vs GT.

If nothing else, having experienced players in Bell's offense will help the transition.

If Bell’s offense isn’t a playbook so small it can fit on an index card, this hire doesn’t have as much upside as I hoped.

And if it is that kind of offense, you don’t need experienced players in the system to the point that it justifies taking FCS level talent.

If Bell’s offense isn’t a playbook so small it can fit on an index card, this hire doesn’t have as much upside as I hoped.

And if it is that kind of offense, you don’t need experienced players in the system to the point that it justifies taking FCS level talent.
I'm just talking about at practice or the meeting room players helping each other out with some plays. Nothing more.

I would be happy to see Reid be a good RB at Pitt. The size, of course, gives me pause.

He was injured playing an FCS schedule. I wonder if he can last a whole season against FBS talent, All those heavy muscular guys laying hits on a RB takes a toll over a full season.

Then again, Tony Dorsett was about 170 pounds soaking wet, and he did an outstanding job.

I'd like to say that Coach Kade should know, but Kade hasn't gone through a D1 schedule either.

If he's a good teammate, he could be valuable bringing his knowledge of the system. Good luck, Mr. Reid.

Maybe this OC is smarter than that. I’m guessing this RB, when used, will be used almost exclusively in space. That is certainly how the little WR will be used. Like Canada used Q Henderson.

The biggest concern any of us should have is finding the right QB to run this offense. Highly mobile and a quick decision maker. Pretty sure we don’t have that right now.
They have to get someone from the portal. Yarnell seems like a kid who can make quick/good decisions but clearly doesn’t have the mobility needed. IMO the bigger issue is getting the OL to play at a higher level.

I would be happy to see Reid be a good RB at Pitt. The size, of course, gives me pause.

He was injured playing an FCS schedule. I wonder if he can last a whole season against FBS talent, All those heavy muscular guys laying hits on a RB takes a toll over a full season.

Then again, Tony Dorsett was about 170 pounds soaking wet, and he did an outstanding job.

I'd like to say that Coach Kade should know, but Kade hasn't gone through a D1 schedule either.

If he's a good teammate, he could be valuable bringing his knowledge of the system. Good luck, Mr. Reid.
TD was 195 his senior year.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT