ADVERTISEMENT

Linebackers this weekend

Chris Peak

Lair Hall of Famer
Staff
Jun 19, 2004
It will be interesting to see what Pitt's linebackers look like this weekend. Kyle Louis missed the Louisville game and I don't expect him to travel to Wake Forest. Braylan Lovelace also didn't play in the second half against Louisville, and it sounds like he might be held out, too.

That means we could be seeing a lot of Jordan Bass, who played 4 snaps against Louisville and seems to be the next guy up at Star linebacker. I'm sure they'll try to move the vets around a lot and get those guys the bulk of the reps, but a reserve like Bass is probably going to see a lot of snaps. Pat Narduzzi also mentioned Rasheem Biles potentially being in line for more work, so he's an option. But I think Bass is probably going to get some extra work.

There are a couple implications of that. For starters, Bass is really talented so it will be good to get him on the field and accelerate his development. The other side of it is that Wake Forest's RPO-heavy offense can really challenge the outside linebackers ("put them in conflict" is how football guys would say it). Then again, Wake is in a tough spot with its quarterbacks, and that may limit how much of the slow mesh RPOs they can really run effectively.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News