ADVERTISEMENT

Looking ahead…

Jun 3, 2023
Yea, so 25% of the season is in the books, and I think we have a general idea of how good Pitt is. There are some variables looking ahead, but let’s assume Jurkovec remains the QB, because he most likely will, where do we think Pitt ends the season?

North Carolina-Loss. Enough said.

Virginia Tech- Tough, both teams stink, but it’s at their barn so loss.

Louisville- Not sure how good Plummer is, but, they’re 3-0 and seem to have bought into Brohm’s system. Plus, it seems they can run the ball. Toss up, leaning Louisville.

Wake Forest- Again, not sure how good Wake is. They’re 3-0 to date, who knows though. I’ll lean Pitt here, no specific reason why, but if they’re 1-5 here, I’d think Narduzzi’s lost the team. Pitt wins.

Notre Dame- 0% chance. Loss

Florida state- 0% chance. Loss

Syracuse- Ugh, who knows. That Shrader kid seems tough, but I’ll lean Pitt here.

Boston College- BC sucks, and may be worse than us. Hafley may be on his way out at this point. So, leaning Pitt.

Duke- Almost no chance, they’re legit.

With no definitive wins left on the schedule, who knows where Pitt ends up. I’m thinking 4-8ish. I just have no idea where Pitt generates offense from. WVU had the worst pass defense in the Country, and Jurkovec looks like he’s just learning how to throw the ball. WVU players even said, Jurkovec sucks on film. The sooner Pat makes a change, the better, I just don’t think he’s making a change.

Yea, so 25% of the season is in the books, and I think we have a general idea of how good Pitt is. There are some variables looking ahead, but let’s assume Jurkovec remains the QB, because he most likely will, where do we think Pitt ends the season?

North Carolina-Loss. Enough said.

Virginia Tech- Tough, both teams stink, but it’s at their barn so loss.

Louisville- Not sure how good Plummer is, but, they’re 3-0 and seem to have bought into Brohm’s system. Plus, it seems they can run the ball. Toss up, leaning Louisville.

Wake Forest- Again, not sure how good Wake is. They’re 3-0 to date, who knows though. I’ll lean Pitt here, no specific reason why, but if they’re 1-5 here, I’d think Narduzzi’s lost the team. Pitt wins.

Notre Dame- 0% chance. Loss

Florida state- 0% chance. Loss

Syracuse- Ugh, who knows. That Shrader kid seems tough, but I’ll lean Pitt here.

Boston College- BC sucks, and may be worse than us. Hafley may be on his way out at this point. So, leaning Pitt.

Duke- Almost no chance, they’re legit.

With no definitive wins left on the schedule, who knows where Pitt ends up. I’m thinking 4-8ish. I just have no idea where Pitt generates offense from. WVU had the worst pass defense in the Country, and Jurkovec looks like he’s just learning how to throw the ball. WVU players even said, Jurkovec sucks on film. The sooner Pat makes a change, the better, I just don’t think he’s making a change.

We have no offense. Its like the Bostick/Smith team where we had to hand it to Shady every play but at least they had Shady.

UNC - L

@ VT - W

Lou - L

@ Wake - L

@ ND - L

FSU - L

@ Syr - L

BC - W

@ Duke - L

We should go 3-9 but we'll upset like say Lou or Wake and go 4-8. Great progress this program is making. 11-2, 8-4, 4-8. Will next year be 1-11?

There are no guarantees at this point. Our best chances are against Virginia Tech (which is a road game) and Boston College, who has won two straight games against us.

5-7, we haven't had a season with less than 5 wins since 1998. I don't see that changing. Karma I guess, or luck. It will be enough to give Narduzzi & Cig a vote of confidence

I just don't understand Narduzzi's thinking. Your starter isn't very good so you think he will get better but the backups are even worse? Even Saban isn't afraid to change QB's in the middle of a game when things aren't going good.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT