ADVERTISEMENT

Men’s Soccer vs #19 Denver

Very nice win. I’m not sure why Jay schedules the way he does. I’m convinced he’d schedule Real Madrid, Man City and Bayern Munich if he could.

Very nice win. I’m not sure why Jay schedules the way he does. I’m convinced he’d schedule Real Madrid, Man City and Bayern Munich if he could.
There are teams on the women’s side that schedule like it’s the elite 8 of the tournament. I think Arkansas had one of the toughest preseason schedules along with UNC.
With some of these schools, they schedule serious cupcakes to pad the record. Pitt women being one of them this year with a horrible preseason schedule. Pitt men aren’t scared to play top 20 all the time. But men’s side has proven every game is hard no matter who you play. Hell, Navy women just beat a D3 team 11-0. Why is that team on the schedule?

There are teams on the women’s side that schedule like it’s the elite 8 of the tournament. I think Arkansas had one of the toughest preseason schedules along with UNC.
With some of these schools, they schedule serious cupcakes to pad the record. Pitt women being one of them this year with a horrible preseason schedule. Pitt men aren’t scared to play top 20 all the time. But men’s side has proven every game is hard no matter who you play. Hell, Navy women just beat a D3 team 11-0. Why is that team on the schedule?

And at the end of the season, the men's record will probably be a little over .500 and they will probably make the tournament. And the women's record will be clearly better, and they probably won't.

Jay dont give a fugg. Honestly, I think if you told him scheduling these potential losses could hurt his NCAAT chances, he'd look at you like you were crazy thinking what's the point of playing soccer if you don't want to play the best. He's just different

And at the end of the season, the men's record will probably be a little over .500 and they will probably make the tournament. And the women's record will be clearly better, and they probably won't.

They just have to be 1 game above .500. Their RPI is 13 even though they are 4-3-2. Even at .500, they probably make it but they have no margin for error at all. They only have 1 cupcake left in Duquesne and they've only played 3.

Jay dont give a fugg. Honestly, I think if you told him scheduling these potential losses could hurt his NCAAT chances, he'd look at you like you were crazy thinking what's the point of playing soccer if you don't want to play the best. He's just different
He’s been very honest about the fact that he schedules as hard as he does because he uses it as a sales pitch to jar a bunch of his international recruits away from the Euro club teams. He’s not getting the French or German club team kids to come over here by having a schedule that’s half full of, like, Drexel or whatever. They sell it as a level of competition every game that’s as close as they’ll get in America to a Euro club, and you can get a degree from a good school in the process.

He’s been very honest about the fact that he schedules as hard as he does because he uses it as a sales pitch to jar a bunch of his international recruits away from the Euro club teams. He’s not getting the French or German club team kids to come over here by having a schedule that’s half full of, like, Drexel or whatever. They sell it as a level of competition every game that’s as close as they’ll get in America to a Euro club, and you can get a degree from a good school in the process.

Yea I guess but part of it also is a mentality thing. I dont think he cares or gets any joy from beating Robert Morris. Also, not sure that the Euros would really know the difference if Denver, Marshall, PSU, and Gtown were replaced with Patriot League schools.

They probably wouldn't. Which is why he would explain it to them. Do you think that they are too dumb to understand?

No. I am saying he can still sell it as they play the best schedule.....they are in the ACC. No one is going to negative recruit against these kids telling them "hey, dont go to Pitt, they played 6 easy games instead of 3."

No. I am saying he can still sell it as they play the best schedule.....they are in the ACC. No one is going to negative recruit against these kids telling them "hey, dont go to Pitt, they played 6 easy games instead of 3."

No, he's doing positive recruiting by being able to say "we aren't going to play six games against teams that we will crush, we schedule as difficult a schedule as we can so that you can be guaranteed if you come to play for me you are going to be playing the best of the best every year you are here."

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT