ADVERTISEMENT

The thing with Thiero

Chris Peak

Lair Hall of Famer
Staff
Jun 19, 2004
I know we don't necessarily need another Adou Thiero thread - the others have shown some real staying power - but this is my biggest thing with Adou Thiero:

He left Kentucky specifically because he didn't like how he was being used and he wanted an opportunity to play in a different kind of system that let him handle the ball more and be featured more.

Perfectly reasonable cause for entering the portal.

But to turn around and transfer to play for the same coach he just left - you could say he went into the portal to get away from John Calipari - well...

Thiero knows how he's going to be used at Arkansas. Even if Calipari says, "We're going to use you the way you want to be used" - I mean, Thiero has to have been hearing that for the last two years that he was in Lexington and probably even longer before that. So either Calipari was really convincing this time or the offer from Arkansas was just too good to turn down.

I think it's the latter. And hey, I won't hold that against anybody, because it's as good a motivation as any. But it's funny to see one decision made for a specific reason and then the subsequent decision completely contradicting the motivation of the first decision.

(Never mind other things like his NBA Draft paperwork getting screwed up or coming to play a game in western Pa. and getting his fewest minutes of the season, all of which would seem like they could be considered as factors.)

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News