ADVERTISEMENT

Miami Recruiting

gourdnibbler

Walk-on
Jul 23, 2008
I was over on the 24/7 site and saw Miami has 15 verbals for next years class. I'm not really sure what to think of this. Is it a good thing this early in the process? I would love to have a few early on, but half a class?

Well look where the U is situated...In a hotbed of fertile recruiting!! I have not seen their verbal for 16 but willing to bet most if not all are from the southeast area...beautiful campus,great looking women,the sun, the surf...Any youngman if offered not only Miami but FSU,UoFLA. Now Central FLA. Would verbal....tough to beat. One great thing is those schools can't take them all...give me 3star/and solid 2star players..coach them up and viola players who will help to contend!!. htp/Forever!!!

For schools like us, this is a good thing. Miami is essentially done. We get to now recruit kids from south FL without having to compete with the hometown school. And we can do it after properly evaluating kids, in camps, and otherwise. And kids that blow up in their senior year will have to look elsewhere if Miami's class is full.

If we are going to hit up Florida for recruiting and have a presence down there, this is a good thing. Pretty much is close to eliminating one of the in-state schools from the recruiting trail already.

They will take a big class if they can. But remember Miami had 15 decommits in the 2015 cycle. Apparently these kids are learning to use Miami to get other offeres and Miami is the fall back plan.

Difference with last year though is that all 15 are south florida. Only 6 in the last class were from the 3 counties around Miami.

Theyt need some decisive wins and this will be a good class for them.. could be very good. And that not good for Pitt per say.

If I were Miami - I would try to get as many elite prospects to take unofficial visits between February-March. The weather is not very good during this time in most of the country. I would have the recruits take a tour of South Beach.

I don't know if Golden is a bum, but Miami was very soft when Pitt played them, it was hard to believe,

Yes Miami was soft this year. The FSU game was their Super Bowl so of course they didn't look soft that game, but that was just one game

It's neither good nor bad. It only matters when February comes around. They had a highly rated class, top 10 up until about December of this year, many of them long time recruits, and a number of them flipped right before signing day. Depending on the service, they still finished in the 25-30 range, but until that paper is signed, it is worthless.

A lot of these kids are excited, at a beautiful campus, etc, and have committed. Some will stick, some will flip.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT