ADVERTISEMENT

Minchey to Pitt

Perceptive young guy, based on this excerpt from the linked article:
“I think it’ll be a good fit for me,” Minchey said. “They’re going to run a pro-style offense, and I definitely want to be in one of those. I know in the NFL it’s not going to be run-and-gun with a fast tempo. I want to be in an offense that’s going to help prepare me with real football and not just spread or tempo the entire time.”

Last edited:
The great Manny Stocker. Did Tra'von Chapman ever enroll here? I don't think he did. And we had a Browne guy... Max.
Perceptive young guy, based on this excerpt from the linked article:
“I think it’ll be a good fit for me,” Minchey said. “They’re going to run a pro-style offense, and I definitely want to be in one of those. I know in the NFL it’s not going to be run-and-gun with a fast tempo. I want to be in an offense that’s going to help prepare me with real football and not just spread or tempo the entire time.”
Ironically with the emergence of Mahomes, Jackson, Allen, Murray et al, “pro style” is more “run and gun” than ever.

Minchey is an example of why Rivals rankings are to be taken with a grain of salt. His stock is improving everywhere else. He performed well and made the Elite 11 QB. So what does Rivals do? They lower his QB ranking since his last evaluation. He has an overall 4 star composite ranking.

Last edited:
Minchey is an example of why Rivals rankings are to be taken with a grain of salt. His stock is improving everywhere else. He performed well and made the Elite 11 QB. So what does Rivals do? They lower his QB ranking since his last evaluation. He has an overall 4 star composite ranking

That adjustment given his current Elite 11 status is baffling. He should end up a top 10 QB.

Reactions: lilspainishflea
That adjustment given his current Elite 11 status is baffling. He should end up a top 10 QB.
It looks like his last adjustment was in February.

There's thousands of kids that they have to rate every year and they likely prioritize ones that are getting a bunch of traffic, rumors, and offers at this point in the off-season/7-on-7s. The Elite 11 finals are at the end of the month and there will likely be an adjustment then, rather that twice in one month.

What does pro day winner mean exactly?

It's considered to be the toughest and most telling day of the Elite 11 Finals quarterback competition. All 20 passers, and college counselors alike, took to a sampled NFL pro day-styled script.

Each competitor had to mark the same 20 throws, in the same exact order, one after another.

He was viewed as the top QB by the Elite 11 staff.

Last edited:
One of the scouts who is at the Elite 11 made a few comments about Kenny.

Quiet confidence. Doesn't change his disposition. Been very consistent in multiple camps. Makes all of the throws effortlessly. Good in and out of pocket. Reminds him a good bit of Kenny Pickett.

On a lot of other schools coming at him now- he told him "yeah, I'm going to Pitt."

And hopefully Rivals gets their heads out of their asses and bumps his rating. It's pathetic and an outlier to all the other sites.
Meh, I'm okay with him staying under the radar but this kid is really high on coming here. He's recruiting kids. Makes me wonder, are young QB's starting to see Pitt as a good place to come play?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT