ADVERTISEMENT

NCAA Rule on Completing a Catch - Pitt Got Screwed

TheSpecialSauce

Chancellor
Gold Member
Nov 15, 2019
By rule, that Boston College touchdown against Pitt shouldn't count. Per the NCAA rules on what is and isn't a catch:"If a player goes to the ground in the act of catching a pass (with or without contact by an opponent) he must maintain complete and continuous control of the ball throughout the process of contacting the ground, whether in the field of play or in the end zone. This is also required for a player attempting to make a catch at the sideline and going to the ground out of bounds. If he loses control of the ball which then touches the ground before he regains control, it is not a catch. If he regains control inbounds prior to the ball touching the ground it is a catch."

These kind of calls seems to happen to pitt a lot

I can read fine, dumbass. You can’t hit the guy in the end zone after he caught the ball and took two additional steps. The play is dead.

Matt Austin is just a shill for whatever the refs call. Matt Barrie said Austin is giving them ‘incomplete’ sign in the booth. Then after the replay, he says why he agrees with the ruling on the field.

I can read fine, dumbass. You can’t hit the guy in the end zone after he caught the ball and took two additional steps. The play is dead.
If a player goes to the ground in the act of catching a pass (with or without contact by an opponent) he must maintain complete and continuous control of the ball throughout the process of contacting the ground, whether in the field of play or in the end zone.

He didn’t do this.

Go jerk off to your Paterno doll.

Pitt didn't get a call from ACC officials , what else is new sauce
It isn’t even a judgment call. I understand if they miss a judgement call. This was a rule that was missed and Matt Austin even told the announcers it was incomplete when they went to review it.

By rule, that Boston College touchdown against Pitt shouldn't count. Per the NCAA rules on what is and isn't a catch:"If a player goes to the ground in the act of catching a pass (with or without contact by an opponent) he must maintain complete and continuous control of the ball throughout the process of contacting the ground, whether in the field of play or in the end zone. This is also required for a player attempting to make a catch at the sideline and going to the ground out of bounds. If he loses control of the ball which then touches the ground before he regains control, it is not a catch. If he regains control inbounds prior to the ball touching the ground it is a catch."

Sell me on why that should have been a TD? Why would they have called it a TD. Control, 2 feet down, and a football move? Did he need all 3? Do you need a football move in the endzone?

Looked like he took three steps after catching the ball. At that point, falling down isn't going to the ground in the act of a catch.

If a player goes to the ground in the act of catching a pass (with or without contact by an opponent) he must maintain complete and continuous control of the ball throughout the process of contacting the ground, whether in the field of play or in the end zone.

He didn’t do this.

Go jerk off to your Paterno doll.
The hit was long after the catch was completed, you can’t hit the guy in the end zone after the catch was completed. He can no longer advance the ball. Isn’t it past your bedtime Jan? Feed Tiger and brush your teeth.

It's debatable that he even got 2 feet down let alone 3. It was a sh!t call by another horrible ACC crew, just like that sh!t show at the end with 40 seconds left.

I'm not sure they were looking to screw Pitt. I just think they're complete morons.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT