ADVERTISEMENT

NCAA Soccer Tournament-James Madison

Yea but I'll be doing the sideline reporting for the SMFN feed.
The last time I tried to watch a game on the SMFN, this is all I got:

1950s-tv-test-pattern-walt-foegelle.jpg

Another youth league goal given up by Carter. For the love of God, he needs to stop kicking it right up the middle. I get that that's how Pitt builds out of the back but that is SOOOO risky and one bad pass, one bad first touch and its in the back of your net.

Gilman was beat straight-up in a 1v1 for a goal and then was red-carded in what was a really bad call, not even sure it was a foul, let alone a red.

This Pitt soccer season reminded me of that first Pitt basketball glory days team which wasnt elite. The #9 seed loss to Pacific team. At times you felt they could be a Final Four team and at times they looked NIT. That's how this team was. And too many injuries. No one reports on the team so I didn't realize Noah Hall and Toure werent going to play and that Sahmkow was banged up and wasnt going to start. Then they lose Lefebvre and Mirkovic during the game to injury and Gilman to the red. Just a bad night.

Oh well, if this is as bad as it gets, that's good. This team is young and will be back but Vid has to hit on another Euro like with Jacquesson, Loeffelsend, Ordonez, and Noel. He's brought in some good Euros but no real MLS-level players like before.

yeah. i couldn't believe my eyes when jmu went up 1-0. it was so bad i thought it was a jmu handball. goalie made a mistake that would have gotten him pulled at U12. good time
and crowd. my one beer cost be $4 more than the 90 minute ticket.

Oh well, if this is as bad as it gets, that's good. This team is young and will be back but Vid has to hit on another Euro like with Jacquesson, Loeffelsend, Ordonez, and Noel. He's brought in some good Euros but no real MLS-level players like before.
Terrible goal keeping. To me, the big problem with Vidovich’s recruiting approach is that it can result in terrific foreign players one year and then, like this year, trying to replace Noel and Jacquesson with what turned out to be mediocrity.

Terrible goal keeping. To me, the big problem with Vidovich’s recruiting approach is that it can result in terrific foreign players one year and then, like this year, trying to replace Noel and Jacquesson with what turned out to be mediocrity.
that goalie gaff would get an 8 yr old yanked

Reactions: mike412
that goalie gaff would get an 8 yr old yanked

I coach youth league and the one thing I probably say more than anything is "not in the middle." My players do know better than that. But in Carter's defense, that is how Pitt builds. That's how he is coached. Pass it right up the middle then that player passes out to a wing. I hate it. I dont agree with it but Vidovich forgot more about soccer than I ever knew.

I coach youth league and the one thing I probably say more than anything is "not in the middle." My players do know better than that. But in Carter's defense, that is how Pitt builds. That's how he is coached. Pass it right up the middle then that player passes out to a wing. I hate it. I dont agree with it but Vidovich forgot more about soccer than I ever knew.
he just missed fired. that's it. he won't do it again. the d was poor. fun game and crowd. worth the 4
hour drive. it is a beautiful game

Yea, its kinda like the Calipari one and done philosophy. Not that these Euros are one and done but its a bit unorthodox to rely so heavily on one type of player. For Cal, when the Top 5-10 players in the nation are NBA elite, he wins big (like when Davis and Book were on the same team). When they are not, his teams are average. The Euros that Vid brought over were decent but not elite. Some of them are freshmen though. I'm not to going to tell him how to recruit but I do wonder if he needs to spend more time recruiting American club soccer players. You see teams like Duke and ND be consistently good with Americans who come up through their system. With club soccer being predominantly white suburban upper middle class to rich kids, perhaps Vid doesn't think he can beat the Duke's, ND's, UVa's, even the PSU's of the world.

it's a young team. they lost 8 starters. sat in fhe stands with the father of an elite playe llast
year. didn't catch his name. they will improve but defense was poor.

Reactions: jctrack
it's a young team. they lost 8 starters. sat in fhe stands with the father of an elite playe llast
year. didn't catch his name. they will improve but defense was poor.

Defense was poor all year. Gilman is pretty highly regarded, having already played in MLS Next Pro but I think he is way overrated. But I thought he would be like that "McDonald's All-American" equivalent so I was probably expecting too much.

At times you felt they could be a Final Four team and at times they looked NIT. That's how this team was.

This team hasn't been Final Four good all season. The fact that you were able to fool yourself into thinking that it was didn't make it so.

And some people here tried to tell you that, but you simply refused to listen.

• Haha
Reactions: Fk_Pitt
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT