ADVERTISEMENT

Need suggestions for Re-park. I select on Monday. Thanks to anyone's response.

ratking17

Head Coach
Mar 15, 2009
My #1 goal in selecting a lot is getting home as quickly as possible.

I always stay until the final whistle.

I take the turnpike all the way home so I need quickest route to get on the parkway east outbound.

Option #1

So with that said I have narrowed down to Green 23 assuming you can turn left out of that lot. (If anyone can confirm this I would appreciate). (I have paid to park there once or twice but only on Thursday nights so I don't know what the normal Saturday traffic would be like.)
My tix are on lower level away side so this option requires walking a bit more.

Option # 2

Gold 1 garage.
Never parked here but not sure what traffic is like leaving that area so close to the stadium. This would be my shortest walking distance.

Option 3

Either Red 7D or red 7C.

Thanks if anyone has any experience with those lots with my end goal of getting home as quickly as possible since my drive is around 4 hrs. Tailgating is not a part of the equation here.

Thanks anyone....

We park in Red 5. This is not a surface lot. They allow tailgating just no grills. We live in Monroeville area and have never had a problem getting out of this garage. Very short wait to exit.

Reactions: ratking17

I take the turnpike all the way home so I need quickest route to get on the parkway east outbound.

Option #1

So with that said I have narrowed down to Green 23 assuming you can turn left out of that lot. (If anyone can confirm this I would appreciate). (I have paid to park there once or twice but only on Thursday nights so I don't know what the normal Saturday traffic would be like.)

Option # 2

Gold 1 garage.
Never parked here but not sure what traffic is like leaving that area so close to the stadium. This would be my shortest walking distance.

Option 3

Either Red 7D or red 7C.

Thanks if anyone has any experience with those lots with my end goal of getting home as quickly as possible since my drive is around 4 hrs. Tailgating is not a part of the equation here.

Thanks anyone....
I can confirm that you can indeed turn left out of the Green 23 lot.
There is a traffic light at Ridge and Allegheny Avenues that could have some slight backups, but, there is usually a traffic cop after the games that keeps Ridge Avenue flowing.
Just after the traffic light turn right onto the ramp that leads to the Ft Duquesne Bridge and subsequently the ParkwayEsst.
There may be a backup on that ramp however. Other than that it should be an easy out. Good luck.

Reactions: ratking17
The red 7 C and D lots are good tailgating lots, but a bitch to get out of.
2nd this. Red lots good for tailgating, not good for quick exits. Once you are out of the lots, it is quick though. Green 23 may be the best option for a quick exit.

I can confirm that you can indeed turn left out of the Green 23 lot.
There is a traffic light at Ridge and Allegheny Avenues that could have some slight backups, but, there is usually a traffic cop after the games that keeps Ridge Avenue flowing.
Just after the traffic light turn right onto the ramp that leads to the Ft Duquesne Bridge and subsequently the ParkwayEsst.
There may be a backup on that ramp however. Other than that it should be an easy out. Good luck.
That's perfect. I have parked in the general area and that's why green looked good for me. This past year the private lots I used were $40 so I figured this year I would park through pitt since it would cost the exact same and then I am slightly helping them out. Thanks for confirming this for me. I appreciate it.

Green 23 👍. I also take the pike home, no problem making the left but you can and probably will sit after the light for a short bit until reach the parkway east ramp. I'm picking today as well and have been a 23 guy for years, you can even sneak in prior to opening time from the backside of the lot by the police station. I'm hoping for 23 or 22.
Good luck.
H2P!

Option #1

Option # 2

Gold 1 garage.

Option 3

Either Red 7D or red 7C.

Thanks anyone....
Red is faster out
Gold is a nightmare

2nd this. Red lots good for tailgating, not good for quick exits. Once you are out of the lots, it is quick though. Green 23 may be the best option for a quick exit.
Depends on where you are going
Red is superior if going to 279 or 28

For the Tennessee game we got moved from our usual Red 6 to Green-
It sucked - usually it’s 20-25 min door to door
Took us well over an hour from green

Depends on where you are going
Red is superior if going to 279 or 28

For the Tennessee game we got moved from our usual Red 6 to Green-
It sucked - usually it’s 20-25 min door to door
Took us well over an hour from green
Same thing happened to me. The only way to get to the HOV lane from Green is to go right by the stadium where a flood of people coming out of the stadium end up blocking the street. And busses just pull up and block lanes as well. The gold lots at least have it set up so that you can get out of the lot. The trouble happens at Gen Robinson and Tony Dorsett. The police have a hard time controlling both foot and vehicle traffic there.

Reactions: PittPharm2002
The police have a hard time controlling both foot and vehicle traffic there.

I disagree.

They would have to actually be trying to control both foot and vehicle traffic for it to be hard. It's actually pretty easy to just stand back an periodically push the button that changes the signal. Which is basically all they ever do.

I’ve had a few lots in 22 years and had the most fun tailgating in 7C. More organic, closer to other groups. Hang out long enough after the game for the crowds to thin out.
All of the Clark Building lots are a party. Best tailgates are there. But man, they suck getting into.

Does anyone know what to expect currently for Repark? My selection time is tomorrow. Anyone recently select and know which tailgating surface lots are sold aht? Was in Gold 1A last year but have zero expectations to be there again.

Does anyone know what to expect currently for Repark? My selection time is tomorrow. Anyone recently select and know which tailgating surface lots are sold aht? Was in Gold 1A last year but have zero expectations to be there again.
Looks like it was deleted, but on Pitt Panther Fanatics on Facebook, someone posted a map that showed which lots still had spots and which ones didn't. From memory, I believe there were some green lot spaces still open and some blue. Other than that, looks like garage parking.

None of the gold surface lots were still available, but the gold garage still was as of yesterday.

What a cluster. From Gold 1A to not even in any Gold lot. UNREAL.
I selected today and got green 23 and that's where I was before but wanted green 22. You can tailgate at 23 but no tents on the pavement so it's very limited if you want a tent. Also available was the green lot next to the science center but unsure of the tailgating. Garage parking all seemed to be available.
Good luck.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT