ADVERTISEMENT

NFL Mock Draft PITT's TJ Clemmings Taken By Bengals 1st Round, LINK!

CaptainSidneyReilly

Chancellor
Dec 25, 2006
CBS Sports has PITT's TJ Clemmings going to the Saint Louis Rams as 19th pick or Bengals as 21st Pick in their NFL Mock Draft. The other Pitt Player mention is Ray Vinopal in the later rounds.

TJ Clemmings OT | Pittsburgh

STRENGTHS: Demonstrates fluidity, quickness and athleticism that are ideal for a next-level tackle. Uses his wide base to cut off edge rushers and adjust to multiple rushers coming his way, meeting them with stone hands and violently disposing of bodies. Utilizes long arms and a rapid, fluid kick-slide to stall and mirror opponents on the edge, and considering his lack of experience on the O-line, is surprisingly consistent with his technique - particularly his footwork.

Shows good natural flexibility in his lower half to bend on contact, and as a run blocker can fire through to the second level where he has the ability to square up and target effectively in space. The athleticism and ability to pick things up quickly are both apparent.

WEAKNESSES:
Looks more the part of a left tackle prospect than a right tackle considering his finesse style and leaner frame. He needs to improve hand placement as a pass-blocker, and will drop his shoulder and head on contact at times. Technique can still be raw at times.

IN OUR VIEW: Clemmings still needs work and more reps on the offensive line before he's ready for NFL rushers, but he has earned first round consideration.--Dane Brugler & Derek Stephens (11/13/14)
Player OverviewA converted defensive end who didn't make the switch to offensive tackle until during Bowl prep week in 2012, Clemmings started all 13 games for Pitt in 2013 at right tackle.
LINK:
http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/mock-draft

images

Don't know by who but that is about the point of the draft I see him going. Late teens or early twenties.

Re: WbrPanther, Rams At 10th?

Originally posted by wbrpanther:
Don't know by who but that is about the point of the draft I see him going. Late teens or early twenties.
One has to wonder after taking Aaron Donald and seeing how he has done so well this year, are the rams influenced going with another Pitt Draft Pick?

images

images

This post was edited on 2/3 1:26 PM by CaptainSidneyReilly

If he is still projected at RT by May then I doubt he goes that high.

hes not a project at RT he's a project at LT,he never played LT till the senior bowl and he struggled which you can expect for his first him,he is the best RT in this draft and has only 1 year experience playing OT which is pretty darn good,if he is going to play LT then he is going to have growing pains but who doesn't,the #2 pick in this past draft shit the bed when it comes to playing OT

I didn't say he was a project at RT. I said if he is projected to be a RT he won't go that high. RTs don't go as high as LTs.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT