ADVERTISEMENT

NFL Playoffs

For those who want Jimmy G on the Steelers, he throws a lot of bad balls. Probably not a good match with the Steelers receiving corp.

They could have gotten similar results on that final drive if they had went with a broken jugs machine instead of Jimmy G. Reminded me of how the balls used to come out at the batting cages if it was raining.

Reactions: CaptainMurphy
They could have gotten similar results on that final drive if they had went with a broken jugs machine instead of Jimmy G.

And he threw a ball right into Ramsey's hands on the prior drive.

To be fair, Stafford did the same a drive earlier. How bad does that Tartt guy have to feel right now? They likely win the game if he makes that pick.

Reactions: HailToPitt725
Top tier QBs like Stafford, Burrow, Maholmes and Allen will give your team a great chance to drive and win the big games. Second tier guys like Garapolo just can't do it at the same level.

Reactions: CaptainMurphy
Top tier QBs like Stafford, Burrow, Maholmes and Allen will give your team a great chance to drive and win the big games. Second tier guys like Garapolo just can't do it at the same level.

The second level guys are OK if you can maintain a lead. Hard to rely on them to come from behind.

I don't consider Stafford or Burrow to be top tier guys. But Garoppolo is on the 21st tier with Roethlisberger, DiNucci, Rudolph, Duck Hodges, and Bubby Brister.

They are both top tier, imo.
Stafford has been a top tier guy for a long time and Burrow is probably close to that.

You will probably hear it over and over again over the next 2 weeks, but its true. That’s why you go out and get a guy like Matt Stafford.

Stafford has been a top tier guy for a long time and Burrow is probably close to that.

You will probably hear it over and over again over the next 2 weeks, but its true. That’s why you go out and get a guy like Matt Stafford.

Either get a top tier QB or invest in defense.

Reactions: BFo8
My thoughts:

Man, for all the otherworldly stuff Mahomes gives you - the escapability, improvisation, arm talent - the dude is just not that great when he has to hit the back of his drop and deliver the ball. He really struggles at times doing it for reasons that I don't understand. He's too focused on getting the big play instead of just being a quarterback. You have to feel sick as a KC fan right now. People here hated JuJu for TikTok, I can't imagine how KC fans feel about Jackson and Brittany Mahomes.

Jimmy G just ain't it. I don't know how anyone watches him can say he'd be an improvement over what we have the on roster. He has one of the best offensive schemes in the NFL and a ferocious pass rush defense so he wins games but man, he's just not good. Indecisive, inaccurate, horrible turnovers. I'd rather play Mason Rudolph TBH because at least he isn't expensive. Jimmy G's cap hit next year is $27 million. And while I don't think he gets that on the open market, I do think we'd have to make a competitive, and likely multi-year, offer for him. No thanks.

My thoughts:

Jimmy G just ain't it. I don't know how anyone watches him can say he'd be an improvement over what we have the on roster. He has one of the best offensive schemes in the NFL and a ferocious pass rush defense so he wins games but man, he's just not good. Indecisive, inaccurate, horrible turnovers. I'd rather play Mason Rudolph TBH because at least he isn't expensive. Jimmy G's cap hit next year is $27 million. And while I don't think he gets that on the open market, I do think we'd have to make a competitive, and likely multi-year, offer for him. No thanks.
Yep. 100% agree. And it’s why Rudolph should have led the Steelers this year. I don’t think he’s as good as Jimmy G, but it’s negligible.

a month ago I was convinced the Steelers were going to ride with Rudolph next year and build a team around him. While Rudolph excites no one, I wanted the Steelers to build in the trenches this off-season. Now it’s seeming to me that the Steelers are determined to bring in a QB from the outside.

Yep. 100% agree. And it’s why Rudolph should have led the Steelers this year. I don’t think he’s as good as Jimmy G, but it’s negligible.

a month ago I was convinced the Steelers were going to ride with Rudolph next year and build a team around him. While Rudolph excites no one, I wanted the Steelers to build in the trenches this off-season. Now it’s seeming to me that the Steelers are determined to bring in a QB from the outside.

Oh, Jimmy G is absolutely better than Rudolph. 100%. He's also better than Ben was in 2020 and 2021.

But if the 49ers can't win with a better QB than Ben, in a far better offensive system and with a pretty good defense, then there's no reason for the Steelers to attempt the same folly just to go 7-10.

Oh, Jimmy G is absolutely better than Rudolph. 100%. He's also better than Ben was in 2020 and 2021.

But if the 49ers can't win with a better QB than Ben, in a far better offensive system and with a pretty good defense, then there's no reason for the Steelers to attempt the same folly just to go 7-10.
Absolutely

Jimmy G also has far better weapons around him in SF and a better line. I think he would not fare well here and not worth the price. If you want a mobile game manager with questionable accuracy then I think they should look to Trubitsky on a cheap 2 year deal instead. At least he still has some upside where I think you've seen all that Jimmy G can do.

Reactions: Fk_Pitt

The Steelers are fooling themselves. Just not good leadership. There is 0 reason to spend a large % of their cap space on a QB. To do what? To be 1 win on the right side of the bubble or 1 loss on the wrong side of the playoff bubble each of the next 3-4 years? Lead you to the 20th pick in the draft for the next 3 years?

Interesting situation in San Fran ... I am curious to see if Trey Lance can take them to the next level. But will Jimmy G be the starter again next year?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT