ADVERTISEMENT

***OFFICIAL PITT-DUKE GAME THREAD***

Chris Peak

Lair Hall of Famer
Staff
Jun 19, 2004
Just under three hours until kickoff, so let's get the game thread going with some predictions.

This is an interesting one for Pitt. The last two games with Duke have been tight - and the overall score has been a perfect draw (106-106) - so this one could very well be the same, although I'm not sure we'll see these two teams score in the 50's today. Duke's defense has been pretty good against average offenses, and right now, that's more or less what Pitt has: an average offense.

But I still believe in the potential of this offense; if that unit can finish a few more drives today than it has in the last few weeks - or all season, really - then Pitt can win this game. I'm guessing Duke QB Thomas Sirk will play, and the Panthers will probably give up a few big plays to the running game. Once they get the requisite early-game struggles out of the way, I think Pitt will settle down and keep Duke mostly in check.

I think the Panthers break their losing streak with a win in Durham today. I'm calling a 27-21 Pitt win. What's your call?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News