ADVERTISEMENT

One step closer to Narduzzi being gone

This has nothing to do with Narduzzi!

It doesn't, but I do wonder if we're getting to a point where guys who actually know and love the game start getting replaced by young charlatans who are better at engaging with NIL collectives and raising funds.

I'd rather be Syracuse than Pitt right now, even though I think Narduzzi is the better football coach. Pitt football is in a really bad spot.

Can't even keep our best player after spring
Stupidity Are You Stupid GIF

It doesn't, but I do wonder if we're getting to a point where guys who actually know and love the game start getting replaced by young charlatans who are better at engaging with NIL collectives and raising funds.

I'd rather be Syracuse than Pitt right now, even though I think Narduzzi is the better football coach. Pitt football is in a really bad spot.
You want to be SYRACUSE???

tenor.gif

• Haha
Reactions: ThePanthers
Hayes left because we suck. If you're cool with that and think Narduzzi will adapt to NIL, we disagree.

The game/business has passes him by.

I don't think he will adjust. I hope I'm wrong.

The collective thing hasn't really taken off the way most schools would like. It's basically the same handful of monied boosters footing the bill for NILs.

Jmho, but Narduzzi seems like he's fairly tight with the Pitt hierarchy and doesn't want to upset the apple cart. But with his fat contract, he's got it made. He needs to push like hell behind the scenes to get Pitt more competitive. I don't think crying publicly for more NIL money is a good look, not will it play well in a pro town.

Am I wrong?

I hate how this is turning out. We finally win the conference and the wild, wild west of NIL screws us over. We're a feeder for the bigger schools or schools with deeper pockets.

I don't think Narduzzi is bad at coaching or developing, hell we produce a lot of NFL talent, I think he's bad at the new business end of it. I think he's made some bad coaching hires at times, too.

It's really not a Narduzzi problem. Paying Narduzzi $20 million, or whatever his buyout is won't help Pitt suddenly become competitive in NIL.

It is what it is, and everyone should have seen this coming 2 years ago.
He won't be fired now, obviously. And I don't think he should be. Another 3-9 season and I think it should talked about.

This happening is another step in him not being here, imo. I think he's just as likely to quit as he is to be fired.

Reactions: Las Panteras
Hayes left because we suck. If you're cool with that and think Narduzzi will adapt to NIL, we disagree.

The game/business has passes him by.

I don't think he will adjust. I hope I'm wrong.

Hayes left for one thing.... money. I'm sure he already has his deal and team.

Reactions: Black_Man_Panther

Yeah, but none of this is sustainable.

Reactions: TD_6082
He'd probably love to get fired right now. Seven more seasons at $6Mish per, and he wouldn't have to put up with the bullshit that is college football in 2024.

Yea, he hates college football now and who can blame him? Its not the job he signed up for. He's Stallings'ing his way into an all-expenses paid retirement thanks to Heather & Covid. He is more honorable than Stallings so he will somewhat try but I truly believe the motivation is gone and he's just riding this out.

Just a stupid comment PSU lost their number one WR its a messed up system right now but it is not sustainable. Tennessee lost a stud LB. Narduzzi did the right things but going after an up and coming OC with a modern offense. They want to score points. The portal might open up for another DE. The DL is young which might struggle this year but the near future looks promising. The defense has some young talent at all positions. Excited to see Brookins develop. If the offense gets the new system Pitt will be fine.

Just a stupid comment PSU lost their number one WR its a messed up system right now but it is not sustainable. Tennessee lost a stud LB. Narduzzi did the right things but going after an up and coming OC with a modern offense. They want to score points. The portal might open up for another DE. The DL is young which might struggle this year but the near future looks promising. The defense has some young talent at all positions. Excited to see Brookins develop. If the offense gets the new system Pitt will be fine.

They want to score points but they have basically 0 P4 level starters on the offensive side of the ball besides Bartholomew. Its a major rebuild on offense. Bell is going to get a lot of criticism this year but I'm telling you it doesn't matter who the OC is or what system we run, there's no talent. And what's the solution? Recruit better. And Narduzzi sucks at that and it just gets worse now that we cant pay as much as others.

Yea, he hates college football now and who can blame him? Its not the job he signed up for. He's Stallings'ing his way into an all-expenses paid retirement thanks to Heather & Covid. He is more honorable than Stallings so he will somewhat try but I truly believe the motivation is gone and he's just riding this out.

I've tried not to play amateur psychologist on here, but if you watch his interviews over the past year or so, they're just way different.

And I get it. He's a prideful dude who is in a gamed system. Identify and develop a talented prospect, and the chances are you'll be doing it for a a bigger fish. I think he's just in "Shut up; don't do anything to get fired; bite my tongue and collect my money" mode.

I've tried not to play amateur psychologist on here, but if you watch his interviews over the past year or so, they're just way different.

And I get it. He's a prideful dude who is in a gamed system. Identify and develop a talented prospect, and the chances are you'll be doing it for a a bigger fish. I think he's just in "Shut up; don't do anything to get fired; bite my tongue and collect my money" mode.

Yea, they are definitely different. He has said a few times without actually saying it that he hates college football. But he is a good man so he will still try, unlike Stallings. I dont think he's going to go Full Operation Shutdown but he knows he cant win here anymore so he's just coaching out the string. This isnt what he signed up for but he's being paid extremely well so he cant quit. I am sure he would LOVE to go be a DC somewhere tomorrow if he could keep the fortune that is promised to him.

Reactions: Las Panteras
Yea, they are definitely different. He has said a few times without actually saying it that he hates college football. But he is a good man so he will still try, unlike Stallings. I dont think he's going to go Full Operation Shutdown but he knows he cant win here anymore so he's just coaching out the string. This isnt what he signed up for but he's being paid extremely well so he cant quit. I am sure he would LOVE to go be a DC somewhere tomorrow if he could keep the fortune that is promised to him.

I'm pretty sure that is accurate, sadly. He's nowhere near as fiery, and he doesn't jab people and have nearly the same snark (like he wants to remove any possible "for cause" avenue). He pushed back against the tampering and whatnot initially, but now I think he just knows it's a lost cause. He looks like someone had a conversation with him and told him, "Yeah it sucks, but you're making $6M/year to put up with it. Just be quiet and collect your money, and then you can retire in 2030."

I'm pretty sure that is accurate, sadly. He's nowhere near as fiery, and he doesn't jab people and have nearly the same snark (like he wants to remove any possible "for cause" avenue). He pushed back against the tampering and whatnot initially, but now I think he just knows it's a lost cause. He looks like someone had a conversation with him and told him, "Yeah it sucks, but you're making $6M/year to put up with it. Just be quiet and collect your money, and then you can retire in 2030."
He looks to me like a coach that just went 3-9. It's a lot easier to be snarky and jab people when you are winning the ACC and have one of the best conference records.

Based on Hayes comment, I would say it had something to do with Narduzzi's ability to win this year.
You actually trust anything Hayes has to say after all of his pro-Pitt comments and his comments on being a leader over the past couple of weeks?

LOL

They want to score points but they have basically 0 P4 level starters on the offensive side of the ball besides Bartholomew. Its a major rebuild on offense. Bell is going to get a lot of criticism this year but I'm telling you it doesn't matter who the OC is or what system we run, there's no talent. And what's the solution? Recruit better. And Narduzzi sucks at that and it just gets worse now that we cant pay as much as others.
Silliness

College athletics is a complete joke. If anyone still cares something is wrong with you.

Instead of wasting a post by saying "silliness," offer a counterpoint. Show me that I am wrong and then we can revisit this in December.
First, you're nearly always wrong on everything. Somebody needs to put a filter on the crap that spews from your mind.

The fact that you think there is only 1 P4 starter on offense is pure silliness. There are players at every position that would be starters at most other P4 schools, with QB yet to be determined.

You actually trust anything Hayes has to say after all of his pro-Pitt comments and his comments on being a leader over the past couple of weeks?
Yes because he thought he was off the record. Did you not see that?

Yes because he thought he was off the record. Did you not see that?
Nope. I don't read trash.

My point still stands. Off-the-record is meaningless. He was still talking to a reporter.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT