ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Allegheny County Property Tax Re-assessments

PMizzle88

Sophomore
Gold Member
Nov 28, 2016
Saw that property tax re-assessments are likely coming for Allegheny county as the favorite to win the executive race has basically promised them. Now, I am very novice at this particular topic, but following the rule of property generally always increases, shouldn’t we be in for MASSIVE increases?

I get the sense this is why Fitzgerald stayed away from them since 2012. I bought my house in 2018 so I’m being taxed on that purchase price, but since then, home values in my neighborhood have skyrocketed to almost comical levels. Now some of this is because of loosening HOA requirements around home improvement, pools, etc, but pretty much all of my friends around the county are saying the same in that homes around them are going for crazy prices. Some people have told me regardless of these recent sales, the fact I bought in 2018 should help shield me from significant impact for reasons I can’t quite understand. Now I have no idea if this is accurate but feel for the people who will be taxed out of their homes. I also, selfishly, don’t want massive tax increases.

If we want a Pitt spin on this, it probably will impact donations to Pitt athletics and Alliance 412 if much of the fanbase is saddled with massive tax hikes in 2024. Interesting to hear the thoughts of the lair on this one

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News