ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Bucket Lists and What’s On Them

mike412

Head Coach
Gold Member
Jul 1, 2001
Santa Monica, CA
Just wondering who on here has a bucket list or lists, and what types of things are on them.

I have only one bucket list and it’s all places I wanted to visit. Many of them I have managed to check off. A few got added along the way. Unfortunately, at my age (77) I also have had to scratch off a few I didn’t get around to. For example, the Gallapegos Islands. I guess I could still go there on a cruise ship but I couldn’t do one of the main things I wanted to do there: snorkel with penguins and other unique animals. So, it’s off the list. All of the ones I have scratched off so far have involved places I wanted to go snorkeling.

I’ve had a few things which were bucket list items which we have done and then decided we’re so great we didn’t want to do them just once. An African Safari was on my bucket list (with a camera, not a gun), and we did it in September 2019 in Kruger Park, South Africa. We loved it so much that shortly after our return we made plans for a Safari in Masai Mara, Kenya in 2020. Covid cancelled that trip as well as one in 2021, and the war in Ukraine cancelled it again in 2022. We did finally get to do it in July 2023 and it was incredible. We started making plans for another visit in 2024 almost the day we got back. Then, the Kenyan government increased the daily per person fee to visit the Masai Mara from $70 per vehicle to $200 per person. For us, that would increase the cost of a 7 day Safari by over $2300, so we might not go. It was so much better than South Africa that we don’t want to go back there instead because it won’t measure up.

I assume some travel destinations are on most people’s bucket lists but I’m interested to find out what other things people have on their lists and what items you have done which were the best/worst on your list.

My best two: Masai Mara and Bali. Worst: Cádiz, Spain.

Reactions: JohnCPitt
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News