ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Dr. Strange Multiverse of Madness....

pitt-girl

Board of Trustee
Gold Member
Mar 16, 2004
I'm working through some random eye issue (I'll be fine) and I had read the so-so reviews online, but we decided to go.

We took 2 cars because I thought I would have to leave early. I was cringing at the thought of 3-D but honestly I could see better with that than the "normal" screen lol. (The trailer for the upcoming Avatar sequel - how many years in the making - 15 years? - I've lost count, was amazing. 3-D technology certainly progresses. Wow.) Anyways, I was very pleasantly surprised to like it as much as I did. Having Sam Raimi as the Director should give everyone a heads up that this was going to a much darker Marvel installment.

I'm not well versed in the Marvel history so not sure if what was introduced stayed true to original content. And yes, some of it was a bit confusing. But none of us were fidgety or bored including Mr. Pitt-girl who is most likely to doze off. It was very creative and the CGI was amazing. I enjoyed a lot of random cameos. And I'm a huge fan of Elizabeth Olson as an actor and as Wanda Maximoff/Scarlett Witch. (If you get a chance watch "Wind River". 👍👍) The movie clocks out a bit over 2 hours.

This is a new generation of Marvel movies so no tie into the most recent anchors - Iron Man, Ant Man, Thor, Hulk, etc. It is definitely more graphically violent than any other of the recent Marvel offerings. I wouldn't recommend for any kids who aren't fans of zombies or burnt bodies. :oops:

The after credit scene was a chuckler.

Grade: B/B+

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News