ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Masters of Air

Ski11585

Board of Trustee
Gold Member
Oct 25, 2008
I did not know this show was coming out! I've been pretty mercilessly cutting unnecessary streaming subscriptions and whatnot lately, but I'm going to have to snag Apple+ just for this. My grandpa was a copilot in a bomber that was shot down at Ploesti. He spent six months in a POW camp. So I'm particularly interested in this show.

Also, how did HBO not get this one?

Anyone else checking it out? AVClub gave it a great review for what it's worth.

I did not know this show was coming out! I've been pretty mercilessly cutting unnecessary streaming subscriptions and whatnot lately, but I'm going to have to snag Apple+ just for this. My grandpa was a copilot in a bomber that was shot down at Ploesti. He spent six months in a POW camp. So I'm particularly interested in this show.

Apple offered more money and it uses technology for the special effects that Apple developed.

Reactions: Ski11585

Hope Pops got the better of Klink....

cut one, pick up another and binge....repeat.....been my strategy...getting ready to dump Paramount + since I watched everything I wanted to (Bass Reeves and Fraiser reboot-surprisingly not bad) and Stallone will be dead of old age by the time Tulsa King season 2 starts while 1923 sucks..

Last edited:
Hope Pops got the better of Klink....

cut one, pick up another and binge....repeat.....been my strategy...getting ready to dump Paramount + since I watched everything I wanted to (Bass Reeves and Fraiser reboot-surprisingly not bad) and Stallone will be dead of old age by the time Tulsa King season 2 starts while 1923 sucks..
I'm mostly down to Netflix and the Disney+, Hulu, ESPN+ bundle. Netflix has enough shows that I like to throw on the TV and fall asleep to (currently watching Top Chef). And my kid watches enough Bluey that I'm pretty locked in with Disney+.

I'm mostly down to Netflix and the Disney+, Hulu, ESPN+ bundle. Netflix has enough shows that I like to throw on the TV and fall asleep to (currently watching Top Chef). And my kid watches enough Bluey that I'm pretty locked in with Disney+.
I often like some lost classics on the free apps...I was scrolling through Pluto the other night and came across a show called "Crime Story". I remember it from my college years. Two seasons only from 1986, Chicago detectives from the early 60s tracking down organized crime with Dennis Farina (who for once was not the gangster)...really good.

been eager for this one since I saw the first trailer....I can never get enough of high-quality WW2 dramas--my favorite genre.

It is so bad, and these streaming networks have become sort of like TV's version of NIL, they just continue to propagate and I don't even know all the ones I have. I am horrible like that. I don't write things down. I subscribe and then I forget. It's horrendous and the FCC should organize this a bit better.

no Amazon prime? You must be single. Reacher is the best thing out there...

Reactions: Harlo4PITT
Paramount's 1883 was very good...1923 is watchable and has its moments. I heard they are making another prequel called 1944 with Wooderson from Dazed and Confused (McConnaghey). I dumped that and am working through Aaplle after leaving it for a year. I think Netflix is the staple since they always have fresh content. Don't be afriad to watch Shane Gillis' stand up...incredible.

Thank you for the head's up. I'd like to check that out.

Waiting for Season Two of Severance to come out to subscribe to Apple for a month and binge that, Morning Show, KOTFM, maybe even second season of shrinking.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT