ADVERTISEMENT

OT: NFL Cuts

pittdan77

Athletic Director
Jan 5, 2011
The Vast Wasteland of Central Pennsylvania
Today is cutdown day. Watching to see how former Panthers do.

Steelers going with Christian Kuntz at long snapper. Ex-XFL guy. Interesting move. Jordan Berry was cut also.

Cam Newton was cut after getting the dreaded vote of confidence.

Lafayette Pitts and Lamont Wade were both cut by the Steelers already.

Ben DiNucci was waived by the Cowboys. And for those of you that obsess over Robert Foster, the Dolphins cut him last week.

Today is cutdown day. Watching to see how former Panthers do.

Steelers going with Christian Kuntz at long snapper. Ex-XFL guy. Interesting move. Jordan Berry was cut also.

Cam Newton was cut after getting the dreaded vote of confidence.

Lafayette Pitts and Lamont Wade were both cut by the Steelers already.

Ben DiNucci was waived by the Cowboys. And for those of you that obsess over Robert Foster, the Dolphins cut him last week.
Kuntz’s story is kinda interesting. Can’t believe we’re talking about a long snapper but he only picked that up recently. Must be quite an athlete.

Reactions: pittdan77
How much have you profited from your friends and family connections?
What's that matter? Do you think Ben got drafted based on his past performance, talent and upside or because he knew the head coach? Nepotism is rampant in the professional world. Good for those that are able to take advantage. Just calling it what it is because he had zero business ever being in the NFL and his performance last year proved that, as I don't think I've ever seen worse.

And to answer your question, probably $0. Unfortunately for me, I've never profited professionally based on a family/friend connection.

Kuntz’s story is kinda interesting. Can’t believe we’re talking about a long snapper but he only picked that up recently. Must be quite an athlete.
Luke Rhodes from William & Mary (product of Hollidaysburg, PA) who long snaps for Indy is a good example. He singed on as a LB (practice squad) in Indy for his first year and realized that he wasn't going to stay on a roster if he didn't bring more value. He went home during the off season and learned how to long snap and ended up winning the job, unseating a veteran. Following June he signed a 4-year, $4.85 million contract, highest paid LS in the league at that point. He does bring value as a legit backup LB as well but that's an example of finding a way to make a roster. BTW, dude is a specimen.

Reactions: Mikefln
Bengals are cutting their 2nd and 4th round picks. Just a mess of a franchise.

Will be interesting to see what becomes of Deshaun Watson. Do the Texans really want to burn a roster spot on a guy who almost definitely won't take a snap this year or is the league going to step in and suspend him? Weird situation.

Cam Newton right now:

donnie-snarko-well-well-well-isnt-consequences-actions-meme-df3ca4aee9567df0-6b9ef54ac6fa1786.jpg

Will be interesting to see what becomes of Deshaun Watson. Do the Texans really want to burn a roster spot on a guy who almost definitely won't take a snap this year or is the league going to step in and suspend him? Weird situation.
And didn’t I read the Bungles #1 can’t catch balls that are hitting him right in the hands?

What's that matter? Do you think Ben got drafted based on his past performance, talent and upside or because he knew the head coach? Nepotism is rampant in the professional world. Good for those that are able to take advantage. Just calling it what it is because he had zero business ever being in the NFL and his performance last year proved that, as I don't think I've ever seen worse.

And to answer your question, probably $0. Unfortunately for me, I've never profited professionally based on a family/friend connection.
You think that was the only reason he got the job? Maybe one of the reasons. But it is a weird statement for you to make and then get uncomfortable when someone merely asks you if you ever benefited from a connection.

You think that was the only reason he got the job? Maybe one of the reasons. But it is a weird statement for you to make and then get uncomfortable when someone merely asks you if you ever benefited from a connection.
I do think that's the only reason he was drafted, yes.

And I wasn't uncomfortable, I just don't think my personal professional experiences in the corporate world correlate very much to that of a being drafted as an NFL QB. I didn't say anything overly harsh about him, just that he took advantage of some connections he had, which is nice for him. Even if his football career is over, as I would expect, he got paid in one lump sum what it will take most recent college grads nearly ten years to accumulate.

I do think that's the only reason he was drafted, yes.

And I wasn't uncomfortable, I just don't think my personal professional experiences in the corporate world correlate very much to that of a being drafted as an NFL QB. I didn't say anything overly harsh about him, just that he took advantage of some connections he had, which is nice for him. Even if his football career is over, as I would expect, he got paid in one lump sum what it will take most recent college grads nearly ten years to accumulate.
Only your opinions on public forums about other people matter. You are off limits?

Bungles were handed a franchise QB and they are going to eff it up. Should have taken that OL in the first.

Twyman was waived, cleared waivers, and went to IR for the Vikings.

I guess it felt like a foregone conclusion but Patrick Jones made the Vikings roster, also.

If we're keeping track, 4 of 6 of Pitt's draft picks made rosters. One went to IR and we're waiting to hear on Morrisey. I'd say that's pretty good.

H2P

were all Pitt UDFAs cut as well? I know Ford was. Hope he found it worthwhile quitting on the team mid season last year and giving up the chance to play on this year's team.

It will be interesting to see what happens first, making an NFL squad or an arrest. Can he even complete his degree under scholorship anymore or would he have to pay his own way?

Reactions: CaptainMurphy
were all Pitt UDFAs cut as well? I know Ford was. Hope he found it worthwhile quitting on the team mid season last year and giving up the chance to play on this year's team.

It will be interesting to see what happens first, making an NFL squad or an arrest. Can he even complete his degree under scholorship anymore or would he have to pay his own way?
I think some schools have different arrangements. I don’t know what Pitt’s is so no idea what it would be for him.

As for him sticking around. Reading the tea leaves and between the lines my best guess is it was in the best interests of both parties for him to move on. I know nothing factual but it seems to me something about the relationship was broken and maybe beyond repair.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT