ADVERTISEMENT

OT Olympic Sports "updates" presented at home football games

NKSplitter

Freshman
Jul 5, 2001
Every home football game this year has had an other Pitt sports update where they put up scores from recent Pitt matches in other sports.

Last night they announced the Pitt Mens Soccer team's 5-1 victory over FDU on Monday; but conveniently didn't mention their 3-2 loss to Syracuse on Friday.

Though I can't recall other specific examples; I don't believe this is the first time they've provided an "update" by giving the score of a win earlier in the week and ignoring a loss by the same team later in the week. Maybe it's just me, but if the athletic department is going to "update" the public, they should have better transparency than the propaganda department of a communist dictatorship.

Every home football game this year has had an other Pitt sports update where they put up scores from recent Pitt matches in other sports.

Last night they announced the Pitt Mens Soccer team's 5-1 victory over FDU on Monday; but conveniently didn't mention their 3-2 loss to Syracuse on Friday.

Though I can't recall other specific examples; I don't believe this is the first time they've provided an "update" by giving the score of a win earlier in the week and ignoring a loss by the same team later in the week. Maybe it's just me, but if the athletic department is going to "update" the public, they should have better transparency than the propaganda department of a communist dictatorship.

Well they also updated everyone on the volleyball win over UMBC while ignoring the Friday night win over Duke.

My guess is that they made the graphic up on Friday so they didn't have the results of the two Friday night games yet to put on it. Which seems kind of lame, but whatever.

While at the football game, I only want to hear about the positive Pitt stories including the wins by the other sports teams. If I wanted to see their overall record I'd check each teams social media page or the team page on the website. We don't need to hear about losses at the game.

My guess is that they made the graphic up on Friday so they didn't have the results of the two Friday night games yet to put on it. Which seems kind of lame, but whatever.
That's probably what's going on, but in an age where we can track in progress athletic matches on a device that fits in our pockets; having a 1+ event lag in outcome reporting has a "Dewey beats Truman" feel to it.

Spoiler: Dewey did not beat Truman

Thanks. Pitt was up 2-1 and I haven't finished watching the game yet.

Reactions: NKSplitter

They most likely assumed that everyone at the game was a Pantherlair reader, and they assumed that all and every loss by a Pitt team would be discussed ad nauseam on the free board, so it was unnecessary to "pile on" any more.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT