ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Rivals Network member: How long?

crharris8892

Sophomore
Nov 15, 2002
Deepintheharta, TX
Is there any way to tell how long a member has been part of the Rivals network? The reason I ask is that, it just struck me that I have been a member a long time, a paid premium subscriber off and on.

I remember reading about the recruits that Walt Harris was trying to bring in and was especially elated when they signed some Minnesota recruit named Larry Fitzgerald :) Has it really been that long? Time flies! Being part of Pantherlair has been recent relatively speaking, as I've been a fan since Dorsett and Marino.

Rivals should include a tag that says member since...

Many on here, including me, were members of the old boards when rivals started this one.

maybe Chris can tell us when that was. I can tell you that guys like NTOP, Pittman72, Gary77, plcp, myself and many more were members back in the mid 90s when message boards were just starting up and were like the wild wild west.

Originally posted by wbrpanther:
Many on here, including me, were members of the old boards when rivals started this one.

maybe Chris can tell us when that was. I can tell you that guys like NTOP, Pittman72, Gary77, plcp, myself and many more were members back in the mid 90s when message boards were just starting up and were like the wild wild west.
I must have started right after it took off, I remember names like GridIronSage, some posters like Brian and BMan on the Basketball side, which ironically was what brought me to message boards. I'm not a prolific poster but I have enjoyed all the banter over the years.

Re: OT: Anyone else remember meeting at the "O"?

I was there and I think NCLee was there (he was about 12). I can think of one other poster, but will avoid any mention.

Where is bman? Anyone?
Been on board for 7 years. Enjoy every poster interaction.
Some good some not so good. However, enjoyed them all!

If you sign up for premium, you get a little badge that says how long you've been going.

I was a member way back then too. Didn't plcp start the original Pantherlair? I kind of liked the way the message board was back then. It was just a place for Pitt fans to hang out. Now, just like the rest of things related to college sports, these sites are about making a profit.
Originally posted by wbrpanther:

This board was born in July 2001. johnwwool was a freshman, I believe, when this board started. Has he graduated yet?

This board was up and running on 9/11/01. I remebmber exchanging information with many on here at the time. There were planes falling out of the sky everywhere. It made the debacle of 9/8/01 a distant memory.

This post was edited on 3/25 4:44 PM by jtownknowitall

1997 on the other board, whatever that was I cannot remember, is when Bethlehem John put together the Die Hard Army, and we all used to meet in the old Syria Mosque lot before migrating to Gold 2 when Heinz opened. Most everyone is now scattered among 7A and C that I'm aware of. Would make the trip from Johnstown and be there at or before lot opening for years. My age, combined with the continual kick in the genitals from Pitt Football have combined to make those 530AM Johnstown departures less desirable and frequent.

I truly miss "Helmet Guy". Still remember the day he returned to the tailgate and his plastic helmet was cracked. He had gotten into an altercation with some hoopies after he stole and smashed a picture of Don Nehlen they had at their tailgate.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT