ADVERTISEMENT

OT - FSU to leave the ACC

Hardslider21

Scholarship
Nov 30, 2015
I been reading the Warchant website.

It’s a long and indepth thread. I will post a few highlights. They have a few posters that are tied to the university.

To say they’re pissed off is an understatement. The already raised the money for the exit fee. Apparently Clemson is also considering joining in. Which has both UNC and Virginia interested in seeing what happens.

Here’s the part that gets interesting. The Big12 released the message from their commissioner, that said he was going shopping in south Florida? Miami

Apparently all this unrest in the south has spooked the northern teams.
There are tweets around from B12 folks saying BC, Syracuse NC St, Pittsburgh have inquired about moving to the B12

Ultimately it sounds like the plan around the GOR is to destabilize the conference stir up a feeding frenzy so enough teams want out to dissolve the GOR.

Last edited:
I highly doubt it happens but if FSU, Clemson, UNC leave next month, what is the advantage of the remaining schools leaving the ACC for the Big 12?

The remaining ACC teams will make more money than the Big 12 and have an auto berth into the CFP.

Of course FSU is trying to leave which has been public knowledge for a long while, but MHver is absolute garbage. Has been just making up BS for years. Not a source you want to post if you want your post to have an ounce of credibility.

It’s a long and indepth thread. I will post a few highlights. They have a few posters that are tied to the university.

To say they’re pissed off is an understatement. The already raised the money for the exit fee. Apparently Clemson is also considering joining in. Which has both UNC and Virginia interested in seeing what happens.

Here’s the part that gets interesting. The Big12 released the message from their commissioner, that said he was going shopping in south Florida? Miami

There are tweets around from B12 folks saying BC, Syracuse NC St, Pittsburgh have inquired about moving to the B12

Ultimately it sounds like the plan around the GOR is to destabilize the conference stir up a feeding frenzy so enough teams want out to dissolve the GOR.

Lol. Your source is a notorious Big 12 fake news propogandist. I cant wait for the Greg Swaim update.

Lol it makes sense to that FSU would attempt to create some destabilization so that they can get the conference dissolved and not pay as much to leave. The other schools aren't going to be this stupid, though, because FSU's real target is not the Big 12.

Lol. Your source is a notorious Big 12 fake news propogandist. I cant wait for the Greg Swaim update.

Well I pulled this all off their site, so it was stuff posted to support the fight against the GOR. I didn’t go digging for it .

I will add we have a thread on the yellow jacket 🐝 site confirming that contact with the B12 has taken place.

Mvher is the worst “source”. He even admitted a few years ago he makes stuff up.

I fully believe fsu is looking to leave. Same with others. But 99% of twitter and message board stuff is made up or pissed off fans opinions on what should happen.

Same goes for the Pitt OC search. Vuk won't know anything until we all know, and Hiles might find out 10 minutes earlier.

Reactions: pittdan77

Any ACC team can leave the ACC at any time by paying the exit fee.

However, The exit fee is only one issue and not the biggest deterrent to leaving the ACC.

Even after paying the exit fee, the departing school gives up their TV rights for the reminder of the ACC/ESPN TV contract which has approximately 10-13 years remaining.

Thus if FSU or any other school departs the ACC they cannot be on TV or get paid for TV appears for 10-13 years listed above. That would be losing approx $50M/yr in ACC x 10-13 years.

Only SMU has the funds to play college football without getting TV revenue and that is only for approx 6 years.

FTP
NGF

However, The exit fee is only one issue and not the biggest deterrent to leaving the ACC.

Even after paying the exit fee, the departing school gives up their TV rights for the reminder of the ACC/ESPN TV contract which has approximately 10-13 years remaining.

Thus if FSU or any other school departs the ACC they cannot be on TV or get paid for TV appears for 10-13 years listed above. That would be losing approx $50M/yr in ACC x 10-13 years.

Only SMU has the funds to play college football without getting TV revenue and that is only for approx 6 years.

FTP
NGF

Dear FSU,

We hear you want to leave, again. Don't let the door hit you in the ass.

Just make sure to leave a check that starts with a 5 and has 8 zeros to the left of the decimal.

Best,
Pitt Fans

FTP
NGF

Well that's their ACC cut of the revenue, but I think the real kicker is not generating any TV revenue for their new conference, which makes them an unappealing add. I don't think the BIG wants to add FSU only to make the ACC richer when they host their big showdown with Ohio State.

I guess FSU could agree to some type of SMU deal whereby they're not drawing any BIG revenue for X amount of years. But they'd be leaving a hell of a lot of money on the table - in addition to the exit fee, as you mentioned - if they did that.

I think they probably figure out a way to leave before 2036, but we shall see. I honestly don't care. I'd rather compete against the ACC teams that don't view themselves as superior and the B12 teams anyway.

eFfff
S
U

Do those aholes think that the B1G will treat them any better than the Committee just did?

Reactions: mo cheeks
Why did someone go to the trouble to make that slide? FSU doesn't bring their home games with them so they wont be getting any TV revenue until 2036.

I can’t answer that, have know idea who or how reliable the information is. Some of it was posted by their moderators so it seemed reasonable. I’m a Tech graduate, our schools are a lot a like. Just struggling to find a way to survive

What do you think the B12 is? Would rather be with Eastern leftovers
SMF

we disagree. We have joined two basketball-first leagues with only mediocre results

We are a football school first. Its long past time we play to our potential strengths

Pitt Texas Tech in football is far more appealing to me than Pitt Uconn.

Of course FSU is trying to leave which has been public knowledge for a long while, but MHver is absolute garbage. Has been just making up BS for years. Not a source you want to post if you want your post to have an ounce of credibility.
MHver is a hoopie blogger who spins hoopie and BigXII propaganda and rumors.

Reactions: FireballZ
I understand that, it’s not breaking news but this is completely different than what they said before. They have total support from everyone up the food chain to the Governors office now
They can leave today. Just fork over the $$$$$ they owe the ACC. Including forfeiting all media rights to the ACC per the GOR terms they signed and agreed to.

If FSU lost their qb in the big 10 or sec don't they think they would be kept out of playoffs?

If FSU would have played Michigan's shit schedule but beat OSU and PSU earlier in the season but lost Travis late, they still would have been left out. Its not an ACC issue. Its playing your QB vs a girls team, getting him injured, and pulling some jabroni from the chess club to replace him.

Reactions: sonofabit
They can leave today. Just fork over the $$$$$ they owe the ACC. Including forfeiting all media rights to the ACC per the GOR terms they signed and agreed to.

Yep. Easy peezie. Sick of hearing it. Pay the exit fee and leave. Or dont pay it and we'll go to court. And no TV revenue till 2036. I am sure ESPN would love to televise OSU @ FSU, Mich @ FSU, etc. Heck, since ESPN lost the B10, they would probably be all for this move since they get FSU B10 home games at a bargain price.

Why did someone go to the trouble to make that slide? FSU doesn't bring their home games with them so they wont be getting any TV revenue until 2036.

Yeah, that person obviously doesn't understand the financial implications for FSU if they leave the ACC. If it was really as easy as those numbers make it seem, why would they have not already jump ship?

Reactions: ThePanthers
FSU is not leaving now but if/when they do I won't care.

The ACC will just back fill with teams from the Big 12.

HAIL TO PITT!!!!

Eh. I think the big xii will take some teams from the acc. Or there will be some kind of merger or a third conference with a mix of big xii and acc teams formed. Once the big brands leave the acc I think we are worse off than the big xii.

Yeah, that person obviously doesn't understand the financial implications for FSU if they leave the ACC. If it was really as easy as those numbers make it seem, why would they have not already jump ship?

What’s funny is (maybe scary) is their bot are fanboys that believe that stuff as well.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT