ADVERTISEMENT

OT:Steelers win total O/U

7.5 what do you take.......2024 odds
Tomlin has never won fewer than 8 games. They play the AFC West and NFC East. Eagles, Cowboys, and Chiefs are rought but you gotta think they can go .500 when you add in the Commodes, Giants, Raiders, Broncos, and Chargers. Crossover games are the Jets and Falcons. It's not a cakewalk schedule but Tomlin tends to play up to some degree.

I think the over is pretty appealing here.

Last edited:
Hmm, that seems low for a team that hasn't won fewer than 8 games in 21 years and that most people seem to think got better this offseason.

Wouldn't shock me at all if the under hits; I just think it seems low.

Hmm, that seems low for a team that hasn't won fewer than 8 games in 21 years and that most people seem to think got better this offseason.

Wouldn't shock me at all if the under hits; I just think it seems low.
Makes you wonder what Vegas knows. Schedule doesn't strike me as a meat grinder.

What are the odds on them winning a playoff game?

Makes you wonder what Vegas knows. Schedule doesn't strike me as a meat grinder.

What are the odds on them winning a playoff game?

Sadly, they're usually right on the money.

I can recall a few seasons where they were off (2021 was kind of weird, because it was like every Pitt fan knew we were going to win more than the 7 games or whatever they had us at... I've never seen such agreement heading into a season), but usually their lines are both humbling and accurate, lol.

I honestly think this is either going to be a disaster season for the Steelers that expedites some wholesale changes or Wilson is going to do really well and we'll be legit contenders. And I put it at like 90/10 (maybe I can be talked into like 70/30) in favor of the disaster season, lol. But I don't think it'll be another Tomlin Special where we claw our way to 10-7.

I can recall a few seasons where they were off (2021 was kind of weird, because it was like every Pitt fan knew we were going to win more than the 7 games or whatever they had us at... I've never seen such agreement heading into a season), but usually their lines are both humbling and accurate, lol.

I honestly think this is either going to be a disaster season for the Steelers that expedites some wholesale changes or Wilson is going to do really well and we'll be legit contenders. And I put it at like 90/10 (maybe I can be talked into like 70/30) in favor of the disaster season, lol. But I don't think it'll be another Tomlin Special where we claw our way to 10-7.
At what point are they going to get rid of Tomlin? If he doesn't make the playoffs this year?

He's had a lot of excuses - bad defense, old QB, bad OC, young QB - but it's all on him now. He wanted Russ Wilson and Fields. He wanted Arthur Smith. I think he's the 4th highest paid HC and by results I think you can say the Steelers have been no better than 10th or so in the last 5 years. Yet the guy gets very little heat.

The excuses are running out. All the drunk Yinzers wanted Kenny run out of town. Well, you got your wish. You better see a big jump in results this year. 9-7 without a QB on the roster next year ain't gonna cut it for me.

May just be as simple as there is a lot of weirdly optimistic people on the internet so they're trying to latch onto that. Who knows?

Tomlin ain't going anywhere.

If we fall apart this season I think he walks away on his own volition. There would be no QB on the roster who offers even a glimpse of hope.

I don't know, though, because he is definitely stubborn. If he got any sense that ownership actually wanted him to leave then I could see him fighting to stay. And I don't know that they would outright fire him.

If we fall apart this season I think he walks away on his own volition. There would be no QB on the roster who offers even a glimpse of hope.
We were told that not have a QB with a glimpse of hope was the problem last year.

Tomlin has it pretty easy. There is zero challenge to his authority and he has made one BS internal hire after another without any pushback. He's comfortable because ownership has zero intention of leaning on him. Unless there is a radical turn in the fan base, I don't see it happening unless he gets bored or has a health problem. Could easily hang around for another ten years. Maybe he'll figure it out by then.

Reactions: lilspainishflea
Are you rooting against them because they replaced Kenny?
No, just a realist who knows they stink. This is no different than when the Stillers went dumpster diving for the likes of David Woodley, Todd Blackledge, Mike Tomczak, and Jim Miller.

Reactions: Steeltheone
8-9

That’s if the 3 other teams in their division don’t suffer starting QB injuries. I see them going 2-4 in the division.

I am of the thought that Wilson just doesn’t have much in the tank and that they will bump around at .500 for most of the season. If that happens I doubt Coach T would pull him for the all American from Ohio State. The three leaders of the team went to Omar and politicked for Wilson per the excellent and stealthy reporting of Jerry Dulac. Coach T only makes changes when his players demand it or when his Bosses tell him to.

Way too early because we
Don’t know how the team will fill the holes and there are a lot to fill. Center, No 2 or 1 Wr depending on how you view Pickens. Slot wr. LT. More DL help inside LB and slot corner. The depth isn’t great so they can afford injuries at all.

And finally depends upon how good or bad Wilson and or fields are. If Wilson suddenly recaptures the magic from 5 years ago they have a legit shot. Or if fields suddenly becomes more accurate and can read defenses they have a shot.

I’d say the variance on the number of games they win is pretty broad

Can't say one way or the other prior to the draft, but I think this roster has a lot of disaster potential. They are thin at WR(if Pickens gets hurt this will be one of the least talented WR groups in league history), CB, OT and Center. After edge rusher and QB, WR CB and OT are the three most important positions! Years of Colbert and Tomlin wasting draft capital has caught up to this roster.

As with 25 other teams in the NFL though, it only takes one great draft to change everything.

Good chance that Russel Wilson will be a huge disaster. KP had a decent record for a young QB with with two clown WRs, a rebuilding OL and a sh#t OC who nobody else will hire.
How many of the current WRs are clowns?

Is the OL rebuilt now?

Is the OC a huge upgrade?

As of right now, there are too many holes to expect a good season.

Defensively, they should be a little better with Queen, a healthy Heyward (even if he's only a run stopper at this point), and I think Jackson should do okay as the #2 corner.

The offense is a bit of a mess right now. They should be able to put up more points, but the risk of turnovers is higher, IMO. Dan Moore is still the LT as of today, they have no center, and they have the weakest WR corps in the league. There is a lot of work to be done.

Hoping for 1 or fewer. They are my most hated team now.
Because you don't root for teams, you root for popular individuals.

You only rooted for them recently, only because you care about Kenny, it's not any long term black & gold fandom for you.

And just like you became an Inter Miami fan only because Messi joined the team and you'll drop them the second he leaves.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT