ADVERTISEMENT

OT: The most yinzer thing you ever seen…

zookeeper2000

Senior
Gold Member
Oct 2, 2013
Or “saw”…

I’ll go first. My dad was in St. Clair Hospital about to pass away and the patient relations staff brought in a “comfort tray” of cookies for our family to the waiting area. The hospital staff expressed their sympathy for our situation and said “if we need anything just let them know”.

About two minutes later, an older yinzer lady who overheard the conversation shuffles over and says “so what’s going on with your father, sounds like he isn’t doing too well?.” My sister and I looked at each other and though we were upset we almost laughed out loud that she was so curious about his diagnosis that she interrupted a grieving family to ask (without any pause). She had a few follow-up questions and then shook her head and “said that’s a shame” and went back to her seat.

We hadn’t touched the comfort tray when about a minute later the nurse comes in to grab us because the priest was about to give our dad his Catholic last rites. We went in the room and came out about 20 minutes later to a waiting room of everyone helping themselves to our cookies which the old lady had opened and offered up to everyone because “she didn’t think we were coming back.” without an ounce of regret on her face. 🤦‍♂️

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News