ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Uber Eats

PittPoker

Board of Trustee
Gold Member
Feb 4, 2008
Just wanted to share a little story that just happened.

I had a craving for KFC extra crispy white breasts. I haven't had them for a long time and obv they aren't healthy but I decided to go for it tonight.

So I went on my Uber Eats app and ordered a 2 piece extra crispy white breasts meal with mash potatoes and mac and cheese and a couple extra biscuits. Simple enough right?

I order the food and paid an extra $2.99 for priority delivery. It stated I would get my food between 10-20 minutes and I was hungry.

So the first driver who accepted my order didn't speak english. He spoke spanish only. I texted him to ask the KFC to give me Mash without gravy. I couldn't choose that in the app. He replied he didn't understand, then tried to use google translate and then after about 15 minutes he took himself off my order lol.

So now I get assigned another delivery driver. This lady spoke English so I called and asked her to tell them about the mash potatoes. She called me back and told be bad news, they had no extra crispy breasts available!! Then why the hell was I allowed to order it on the app? Ridiculous. But she told me KFC would make them if she waited 30 minutes. At this point I was pissed off and frustrated with this whole thing.

I told her since she is already there, if she waits for my order and delivered it, I would give her the $7.00 tip I left still on the app for her plus an additional $25 cash for her trouble. They work hard these drivers and I wanted to do something extra for her. She was happy to wait she told me.

So bottom line is it didn't take 30 minutes more it took 50 minutes before she left finally and another 10 minutes to bring it to me. I gave her the money and she told me I should complain to Uber Eats and try and get a refund.

So I called Uber Eats support, spoke to a guy and he checked and told me my order was eligible for a refund. I was gonna get back $27.18 back on my debit card.

So ultimately I waited 1 hour and 20 minutes roughly to get a simple 2 piece chicken order with my sides and biscuits and the store itself made nothing. Instead the driver got the whole amount I was gonna pay on Uber Eats as a big tip plus the $7.00 I originally left for her as well.

In summary, the delivery driver made $32 from me in 1 hour(she was the 2nd driver assigned so she didn't wait the first 20 minutes) and the store and Uber Eats made NOTHING.

I like it.
The end

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News