ADVERTISEMENT

OT: UPMC employee killed outside of The Pete in construction-related accident

HailToPitt725

Head Coach
May 16, 2016
One of the sadder (and more preventable) deaths I’ve heard of. I believe this is related to the Victory Heights construction?

• Sad
Reactions: Mufasa94
It does appear that it broke loose from the Victory Heights construction site. This picture looks to be taken from the area where DeSoto turns at the Pete, with the pipe and damaged truck being on the medical school side of the street.

• Sad
Reactions: HailToPitt725
It does appear that it broke loose from the Victory Heights construction site. This picture looks to be taken from the area where DeSoto turns at the Pete, with the pipe and damaged truck being on the medical school side of the street.
This is awful. Thank goodness this happened now and not last week when students were on campus, especially during commencement. It’s tragic that someone passed, but it could’ve been even worse.

Reactions: pittdan77
This is awful. Thank goodness this happened now and not last week when students were on campus, especially during commencement. It’s tragic that someone passed, but it could’ve been even worse.
This is the type of comment that you make about bad weather

This is the type of comment that you make about bad weather
I’m not sure what you’re getting at here? There’d be much more foot traffic in the area had classes still been in session. Just saying as horrific as this is, it could’ve been even worse.

I’m not sure what you’re getting at here? There’d be much more foot traffic in the area had classes still been in session. Just saying as horrific as this is, it could’ve been even worse.
Something could almost always be worse. The “Thank goodness this happened now…” doesn’t come across very well when a lady was killed.

Something could almost always be worse. The “Thank goodness this happened now…” doesn’t come across very well when a lady was killed.
That’s fair. Probably could’ve worded it better, but I’d like to think that you knew what I was trying to convey.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT