ADVERTISEMENT

OT: What Is Good That’s Streaming Now

mike412

Head Coach
Gold Member
Jul 1, 2001
Santa Monica, CA
With no football, no Pittsburgh teams in the playoffs and the Pirates in their accused non-contention position, what is worthwhile which is available on streaming now? I have a few suggestions but would appreciate others. I can get most streaming services in Barcelona with a VPN.

The recent programming I have seen that I enjoyed:

“A Man In Full” a limited series on Netflix based on the Tom Wolfe (The Right Stuff) novel. Excellent acting by the always top-notch Jeff Daniels and the always beautiful and top-notch Diane Lane, along with a number of others. The story revolves around an ex-GT football star who played back when Southern teams and the City of Atlanta were segregated and became a billionaire real estate developer whose cash flow now isn’t sufficient to stay current on the approximately $1.3 Billion in loans he owes to banks.

“The Boys In The Boat” based on the book by Laura Hildebrandt, who also wrote “Seabiscuit,” it tells the story of the 1936 University of Washington JV rowing team made up mostly of working class kids which won the 1936 Gold Medal in Berlin.

“Shogun” on Disney+ based on the James Clavell novel. Somewhat disappointing for me based on the storytelling but the scenery is gorgeous.

“The English Game” on Netflix tells the story of how soccer went from being a game controlled by a few London upper class teams (like Old Etonians) to the number one sport in Great Britain in the early 1880s. Surprisingly strong roles for women.

Less good so far:

“Franklin” with Michael Douglas. I still haven’t finished Episode 2. It’s been excruciatingly slow. On Apple.

“Thank You, Goodnight,” a documentary series based on Bon Jovi filmed as they prepared for their 40th anniversary tour. Far too long. More than I really want to know about any band. On Hulu and Disney+

Looking forward to: “Trying” Season 3, coming later this month on Apple.

Reactions: Chaos and PollCat99
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News