ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Why are there not more Pitt/college fans in Steeler Nation?

cnorwood9999

Freshman
Gold Member
Dec 19, 2010
Phoenix
Something non Tennessee related on a Thursday evening.

I stumbled across the the Steeler Nation Unite Facebook page - https://www.facebook.com/steelersnationunite and they had a gallery of some incredible Steelers “Fan Caves.”

I mean some amazing rooms and entire basements in some cases full of helmets, jerseys, framed photos, rugs, pillows, multiple TVs, etc. Thousands, if not tens of thousands of dollars worth of renovations, gear, decorations, paraphernalia.

I know the pics were intended to be representative of Steelers fans, but not a single Pitt anything, anywhere, in any of them.

I feel like that’s pretty typical, though.

Is it just simply the lack of Pitt winning over the last 40 years? Is it not wanting to (or being able/allowed) to give up both weekend days in the fall? Kids stuff? Yard work? Hunting/fishing? Other?

It has always baffled me how one of the football craziest cities in the country has such low casual fan engagement. Is it lack of effort on the University’s part or is the Steelers brand just way too strong/big?

Are you die hard Pittsburgh-based Panther Lair folks equally die hard Steelers fans? Is it one or the other?

Ok. Back to my Michter’s. Carry on.

Reactions: USN_Panther
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News