ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Worst Men’s Fashion Trend

Ridiculously-Funny-Fashion-Trends-From-The-1970s.jpg

I'd love to start a post of "which posters would most likely not hang out with and call friends". LOL. I think 79 makes my list.
You never really know people from online interaction.

But I could name a good number that I would feel the same about. There's a lot of OLD MEN here.

I'm 59, but I'm still young.

I would add novelty t-shirts. I cant tell you how many dads I see wearing t-shirts with superheroes and cartoon characters. Usually combined with baggy cargo shorts and sandals - and a neckbeard, grow up.

LOL, this is what I'm talking about! This message board is full of up tight, grumpy, self conscious OLD PEOPLE !!!

Is that any different than men wearing shorts when it is 22 degrees out? And it’s not just millennials, it’s 40 and 50 somethings that never did that thirty years ago.
I did it 30 years ago, I'd go to the gym to play basketball, and I'd just wear the shorts I was going to play in, no matter the temperature.

I hate not dressing for the occasion. I'm old school in that I think weddings and funerals should be dressed in something other than jeans. At the very least a dress shirt and slacks. I personally wear suits or a sports coat to weddings and always a suit to a funeral. I am just big on minimal standards.
What are "slacks" you mean like the polyester things? I don't own anything like that anymore, I hate how the material feels, and the pocket space is not enough, I like UTILITY, so extra pockets for cell phone etc. are a must.

I would add novelty t-shirts. I cant tell you how many dads I see wearing t-shirts with superheroes and cartoon characters. Usually combined with baggy cargo shorts and sandals - and a neckbeard, grow up.

What's a novelty shirt? I have a t shirt of The Who, rock band, a t shirt with an alligator painted on it from the Dominican Republic, and sports team t shirts, etc. Are those novelty?

Again, some of you people are really old in spirit, and have ideas about dressing like old men from the '60s.

What are "slacks" you mean like the polyester things? I don't own anything like that anymore, I hate how the material feels, and the pocket space is not enough, I like UTILITY, so extra pockets for cell phone etc. are a must.

What do you carry around?

I carry a wallet, keys and cellphone.

What's a novelty shirt? I have a t shirt of The Who, rock band, a t shirt with an alligator painted on it from the Dominican Republic, and sports team t shirts, etc. Are those novelty?

Again, some of you people are really old in spirit, and have ideas about dressing like old men from the '60s.

I dont know the definition, but basically t-shirts with superheros and stuff like that. Stuff thats for children.

I seem to be one of the few people in Las Vegas without a tattoo.

Doesn’t really bother me, but a high percentage of them seem to have ones that are somewhat sloppily done. Outside of (maybe) Miami Beach I have never seen a more tattooed populace.

What do you carry around?

I carry a wallet, keys and cellphone.
That's what I carry too, I just like the cell phone in a pocket on the side of my leg, it's less annoying there. I really don't get why you people think the pants with the side pockets, AKA cargo pants are odd?

Polyester? Haha. Sweats or nothing at all for 79.

That's what I carry too, I just like the cell phone in a pocket on the side of my leg, it's less annoying there. I really don't get why you people think the pants with the side pockets, AKA cargo pants are odd?
They are ugly and it is silly to wear them like you need all these extra pockets.

Reactions: paulbl99
They are ugly and it is silly to wear them like you need all these extra pockets.
"Ugly" is an opinion. Ugly to you is beautiful to someone else, I see racks and racks of them in clothing stores, so somebody is buying them. I like the way they look.

I picture many of you looking like Ward Cleaver, sitting in your living room on a Saturday in a cardigan with a tie on smoking your pipe.

I picture many of you looking like Ward Cleaver, sitting in your living room on a Saturday in a cardigan with a tie on smoking your pipe.
That's because you can't understand a difference between sweats and casual, but stylish clothing. You don't have to look like a slob to be comfortable. Clothes that fit properly and are made of good materials are comfortable even if you have a belt and no drawstring and a collar.

That's because you can't understand a difference between sweats and casual, but stylish clothing. You don't have to look like a slob to be comfortable. Clothes that fit properly and are made of good materials are comfortable even if you have a belt and no drawstring and a collar.
But I honestly don't care what other people think I look like on a casual day where I'm not really doing anything other than hanging out at home or running errands etc. I like the way the clothes I prefer feel, I'm not trying to get a date, I'm comfortable within myself.

But I honestly don't care what other people think I look like on a casual day where I'm not really doing anything other than hanging out at home or running errands etc. I like the way the clothes I prefer feel, I'm not trying to get a date, I'm comfortable within myself.
You care a GREAT deal. You post about it all the time.

You care a GREAT deal. You post about it all the time.
I do enjoy all the attention YOU OLD PEOPLE give me over what I wear! At 59, you make me feel young again.

Today is Steelers game day, going with a 1997 Greg Lloyd jersey with yellow jean shorts and Steelers socks.

By the way, I saw one this morning at the grocery store that I don't think I've ever seen before. We've all seen someone with a pair of pants that are too long roll up the pant legs before. Well this morning I saw a guy wearing jorts with the bottoms rolled up. And yeah, you read that right. I literally turned around and looked again because I couldn't believe that I just saw it.

I hate to tell you this 79, but they are laughing at you, not with you.
That's fine, all that matters is what I think of myself, honestly, I know a lot of people that dress like me, so I have to wonder what kind of people frequent this board?

You have this place confused with a boatload of Leftist professors of worthless as tits on a bull social justice classes.....from Humongous State University....

I've been a member of this Steelers Fan Club in Baltimore for over 20 years, and have often gone to the bars where they meet to watch games and literally there are 100 people there in jerseys and gear, typically there are 30 guys over 50 wearing jerseys, it's TOTALLY NORMAL, you people are the oddballs.

You have this place confused with a boatload of Leftist professors of worthless as tits on a bull social justice classes.....from Humongous State University....
I know several leftist professors from Pitt that wear Steelers JERSEYS on Sundays.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT