Votes: 12 8.8%
  • 9-3

Votes: 2 1.5%
  • 10-2

Votes: 3 2.2%
  • Other

Votes: 1 0.7%

• Total voters
For the first time in years, I predict a losing record. For the record I went with 4-8. Even last year I was optimistic enough to predict 7-5 (man was that off). When you look at what we lost it's frightening:

The entire defensive line starters
The entire starting linebacking corp
Both starting CB's
2 offensive line starters
1 starting WR

Throw in a new offensive coordinator and an unproven QB and you have a recipe for a real stinker of a season.

We just hired and recruited a FCS team .
It can

Chip Kelly was the offensive coordinator at New Hampshire before being hired by Oregon. I don't have a problem with this hire as most were clamoring for a young, up and coming type coach rather than the typical Narduzzi retread.

But recruiting is a valid concern and doesn't appear to be trending in a good direction.

Chip Kelly was the offensive coordinator at New Hampshire before being hired by Oregon. I don't have a problem with this hire as most were clamoring for a young, up and coming type coach rather than the typical Narduzzi retread.

But recruiting is a valid concern and doesn't appear to be trending in a good direction.

Yeah, the hires don't bother me nearly as much as the recruiting. I mean this offense could be a huge swing and a miss, but the position coaches probably won't be any worse than what we had.

But recruiting and retention has just been awful. And it already sounds like you can kiss Bass, Neal, Brewu, and Edwards goodbye the second they flash any talent. If what has circulated is true, there's already been plenty of NIL drama there.

Yeah, the hires don't bother me nearly as much as the recruiting. I mean this offense could be a huge swing and a miss, but the position coaches probably won't be any worse than what we had.

But recruiting and retention has just been awful. And it already sounds like you can kiss Bass, Neal, Brewu, and Edwards goodbye the second they flash any talent. If what has circulated is true, there's already been plenty of NIL drama there.

the thing that is most concerning is that local guys that should be in our wheelhouse are now difficult if not impossible. Moon at Aliquippa, Robinson at Westinghouse, half the roster at PCC....all uphill battles.

Yeah, usually if I see the name "NCPitt" attached to it I treat it like I would a National Enquirer headline. Apologies for that.

nationall-enquir-four.jpg
Doomers never want to see an opposing view.

Why would I be jealous of your lack of support for the program and coach you claim to back ?
I really have no idea why you would be jealous. Yet your unending harping about my status makes it seem that you are.

I really have no idea why you would be jealous. Yet your unending harping about my status makes it seem that you are.
Pointing out your lack of support isn’t harping
It’s factual
Hell - I’ve even offered you club seats for free , and nope.
You’re just a troll

Pointing out your lack of support isn’t harping
It’s factual
Hell - I’ve even offered you club seats for free , and nope.
You’re just a troll
Harping is defined as repeatedly saying the same thing. It doesn't matter whether its a fact or not. You only know its a fact because I've stated it here several times. You seem to think it diminishes my opinion. I couldn't care less what you think. I don't give my money to college athletics other than buying a ticket. My money has better uses for society than that.

I've been a Pitt fan longer than you've been alive, I suspect. That makes me the opposite of a troll.

the thing that is most concerning is that local guys that should be in our wheelhouse are now difficult if not impossible. Moon at Aliquippa, Robinson at Westinghouse, half the roster at PCC....all uphill battles.

We will never beat PSU for another local recruit. I've said that before but its especially true with NIL

We will never beat PSU for another local recruit. I've said that before but its especially true with NIL

You can add quite a few more schools to that list beyond Penn State. I'm wondering if the scourge of the BIG (Maryland, Rutgers, Indiana, etc.) will soon beat us in recruiting like the scourge of the SEC (Kentucky, Mississippi State, South Carolina, etc.) is doing.

Just so easy for them to sell the "well, they're not part of the new show" angle.

You can add quite a few more schools to that list beyond Penn State. I'm wondering if the scourge of the BIG (Maryland, Rutgers, Indiana, etc.) will soon beat us in recruiting like the scourge of the SEC (Kentucky, Mississippi State, South Carolina, etc.) is doing.

Just so easy for them to sell the "well, they're not part of the new show" angle.

Kids dont care about being part of the show. They care about 2 things. Making the NFL and how much money you are going to pay them. If Pitt or Troy or Wyoming pay more for players than Rutgers, Indiana, or Maryland, those players will go to Pitt or Troy or Wyoming. Money is the recruiter now.

We do not have the experienced depth we normally have.

I expect the offense to be fine.

On defense, we need the young and very young to come through.

I would like an experienced punter over Junko.

I expect 7-5
I'd be happy with that ...

Reactions: gary2
He's the worst. Its as if he has no understanding of sports. I'm not sure he is actually a sports fan but if he's not, I dont understand why he posts here. He's a hard guy to figure out.
Lol. I’ve forgotten more about sports than you will ever know. And by sports I mean the game itself. That’s something you rarely even talk about. You seem to spend your time on peripheral topics like NIL, tv deals, scheduling, conference alignment, etc. I really care little about the things you focus on because my primary interest is the game and it matters little who is on the team. I only comment on your posts when they are complete nonsense.

Kids dont care about being part of the show. They care about 2 things. Making the NFL and how much money you are going to pay them. If Pitt or Troy or Wyoming pay more for players than Rutgers, Indiana, or Maryland, those players will go to Pitt or Troy or Wyoming. Money is the recruiter now.
A top rated QB that Georgia wanted picked Toledo. It sure wasn’t the money. It was all about playing time. I’ll repeat something I’ve said to you before. Not everyone is wired like you to chase the almighty dollar.

A top rated QB that Georgia wanted picked Toledo. It sure wasn’t the money. It was all about playing time. I’ll repeat something I’ve said to you before. Not everyone is wired like you to chase the almighty dollar.

The kid is a HS Sophomore, there is little to no chance he will play at Toledo.

Slick Manager of Champs said:

For Pitt fb? its closer to a death knell.

We saw this just with Hoops. But if this NIL stuff continues without breaks, Arkansas can be a true power. I mean they got the Walton family money, Tyson Foods money and Jerry Jones. That is probably more lucrative and accessible than even Alabama, Georgia or LSU.

We saw this just with Hoops. But if this NIL stuff continues without breaks, Arkansas can be a true power. I mean they got the Walton family money, Tyson Foods money and Jerry Jones. That is probably more lucrative and accessible than even Alabama, Georgia or LSU.

They dont have "Tyson Foods Money." Its a public company and they cant justify paying obscure athletes to their shareholders. But they do have Tyson family money. That's where it will come from. I doubt you see another deal like FedEx/Memphis. Its a terrible business deal for the shareholders. For the $25 million that FedEx is paying to Memphis athletes for use of their names, images, and likenesses, they could have hired LeBron James, Tom Brady, and Pat Mahomes to do commercials for them..

They dont have "Tyson Foods Money." Its a public company and they cant justify paying obscure athletes to their shareholders. But they do have Tyson family money. That's where it will come from. I doubt you see another deal like FedEx/Memphis. Its a terrible business deal for the shareholders. For the $25 million that FedEx is paying to Memphis athletes for use of their names, images, and likenesses, they could have hired LeBron James, Tom Brady, and Pat Mahomes to do commercials for them..
That's a very NCPitt response. You understood my point.

I'm not convinced we're as bad as many think but can see us being between 5-7 and 7-5. Pressure on the offense to score lots of points because it does not appear the defense will be what we've been used to seeing.
I said 8-4 because I think some of the younger guys will surprise and we finally get some breaks go our way in close games.

6-6... hell, I hope you're right.

I could see Narduzzi escaping much blame since the narrative will be that we cant afford better players. That may be somewhat true but it doesn't explain last year when he had 1 guy QB half a season with the yips and then a Sun Belt level QB took over.

There’s just not a lot of games that are definitively more than a 50-50 or 60-40 coin flip.

Kent State: Big win probability

Cinn: yeah, they were bad last year. F+ has them at 95. But they won last year and Pitt was only 85. So they were essentially the same team. I don’t know enough about them to speak to whether they improved a ton. But is Pitt so much better this year that the game on the road is any better than 60-40?

WVU: they got a lot better as the year went on. Finishing as a Top 40 team with a returning QB and returning RB that would start for a lot of teams in college football. It being at home maybe makes it a 50-50 game, but that’s probably being generous.

YS: big win probability

UNC: slight underdog on the road, maybe 50-50.

Cal: 50-50. Cal returns a team that could be solid this year. Finished 57 last year in F+.

Cuse: 50-50

SMU: SMU with a healthy QB was a good team. They’ve been picked a little bit in the portal, but they’ve also add legit P4 guys as well.

UVA: slight favorite

Clemson: big underdog

Vile: decent underdog

BC: probably 50-50 being on the road.

There’s two games on the schedule that are no worries games. The rest are essentially 50-50 to heavy underdog (Clemson).

Have to beat Cinn. Win that game and there’s a little margin for error with the rest of the schedule to get to 6 wins.
Lose that game and it becomes a serious uphill climb.

I could see Narduzzi escaping much blame since the narrative will be that we cant afford better players. That may be somewhat true but it doesn't explain last year when he had 1 guy QB half a season with the yips and then a Sun Belt level QB took over.

I'm kind of back and forth on that. He accepted this job when college football was structured differently. He signed an extension when it was structured differently. So it's tough to blame him that the job has become something different from what he signed up for.

On the other hand, he has adapted poorly and probably isn't the type of coach we need in this NIL era. Again, not his fault.

And then yeah - there are just the normal criticisms. His handling of the offense has been mostly pathetic. If he wants to specialize in defense so much, he should have just stuck at DC.

Harping is defined as repeatedly saying the same thing. It doesn't matter whether its a fact or not. You only know its a fact because I've stated it here several times. You seem to think it diminishes my opinion. I couldn't care less what you think. I don't give my money to college athletics other than buying a ticket. My money has better uses for society than that.

I've been a Pitt fan longer than you've been alive, I suspect. That makes me the opposite of a troll.
It makes you entirely a troll
And uou hate that it’s true
Just like your zero investment in Pitt

Well, isn't this thread typical. Nearly 1/3 of the poll has projected a record of 7-5 or better. But none of them have commented. The only comments are from the masters of doom. I can only assume that others don't want to be talked down to by the doomsters who dominate this board.

I projected 8-4.
With the talent we have lost and what we are left with, thus team would not finish 8-4 playing in the MAC. Doomsters will be realists this year. This team lacks talent, it has MAC level players. I think they would finish 500 playing the likes of Akron, Toledo, .....

With the talent we have lost and what we are left with, thus team would not finish 8-4 playing in the MAC. Doomsters will be realists this year. This team lacks talent, it has MAC level players. I think they would finish 500 playing the likes of Akron, Toledo, .....
We will see in 7 months, doomster.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT