ADVERTISEMENT

"Paul Chryst is a very good football coach"

djbpitt

Sophomore
Jun 28, 2001
Two years ago, I distinctly recall several TV talking heads saying that. Now, they're covering the Chryst-ing of UW football..

Reactions: Celtsfan
10-11-13-8-10. Win totals his first 5 seasons. Add 4 in last year’s 7 year covid season. Not Nick Saban but far above average.
It’s hard to imagine he can’t attract even a Brooks Bollinger-level QB there. Mertz has looked putrid this year.

Reactions: Steeltheone
To be fair, Wisconsin lost to teams that are or were ranked in the top 10. With crappy QB play. It's not like he lost to Western Michigan with Wisconsin's best QB in 40 years.

To be fair, Wisconsin lost to teams that are or were ranked in the top 10. With crappy QB play. It's not like he lost to Western Michigan with Wisconsin's best QB in 40 years.
ND isn't and won't be a top 10 team. Pc won 10,11 and 13 his first three years with Barry Alvarez picking his coaches for him. Since he is 8-5,10-4,4-3 and 1-3. So since the roster has become his players and his coaches he is 23-15. This is playing in a division every bit as bad as the acc coastal against what is typically a weak ooc schedule. Pc is a pretty average hc and Wisconsin's records the last 4 seasons shows this.

Reactions: Celtsfan
ND isn't and won't be a top 10 team. Pc won 10,11 and 13 his first three years with Barry Alvarez picking his coaches for him. Since he is 8-5,10-4,4-3 and 1-3. So since the roster has become his players and his coaches he is 23-15. This is playing in a division every bit as bad as the acc coastal against what is typically a weak ooc schedule. Pc is a pretty average hc and Wisconsin's records the last 4 seasons shows this.
I have multiple good friends who are UW grads, boosters, etc. They want him gone and think his next job will be at Eastern Michigan type of school.

It's obvious that UW isn't a good team and not showing any signs of progress.

Everyone (other than voters) including Brian Kelly knew ND wasn't a very good team yet still beat UW with their 3rd string QB.

Last edited:
I was much more disappointed when DW got the ax than when Chryst left.

Some guys must be watching a different Paul Chryst than others. I have no reason to root against him but he’s nothing more than an average coach propped up by the history of his program.

10-11-13-8-10. Win totals his first 5 seasons. Add 4 in last year’s 7 year covid season. Not Nick Saban but far above average.
Plays in the garbage division of a usually pedestrian conference. Throw out at least the first two years because those were not his recruits.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT