ADVERTISEMENT

Peach Bowl - Pitt Michigan St.

I agree. The way this game was coached by Narduzzi, you'd think this was his first bowl game of any kind. His butt was tighter than a garage door spring.
That's the same reason why Pitt loses games to bad teams still. He changes his coaching style depending on the opponent. Narduzzi just needs to be confident in his players and staff. He has to continue to adapt to modern college football. He's done so with the passing attack and needs to continue to do so with his defensive scheme. I think he'll learn a lot from this game. You can learn a lot from a win, but this loss--regardless of the circumstances--will be one that stings him for a long time.

Reactions: Gep Dawg
Exactly. They think the offense is still as wide open as if Pickett or even Patti was playing. Hell, Charlie batch was talking about this exact thing on Dve the other day about the steelers and when he and Maddox were hurt.

Honestly, as soon as I jumped on I was waiting for the "bad coaching" derp comment. I figured most people I have on ignore would be throwing that out.
Don’t ya know that every time a team loses the coaching is awful .

there’s not an OC around who could have won with Beville at Qb tonite. As you said the playbook was trimmed. Way back for him and the kid looked like a deer in the headlights most of the game. I thought he was more mobile but he was almost Yelllin statue like

MSu knew this and played D accordingly. They geared up to stop the run and dared Pitt to pass the ball. So the comments about running more are kinda funny because they tried that most of the second half and got stuffed.

I don’t have an issue with trying to win it rather than settling for a FG. No way were they winning in OT with Beville and a tired D. I have no issue with Trying to win

The D played heroically. They just got gassed from being on the field the entire game. Pass rush wasn’t getting pressure at the end which exposes rhe DBs.

only beefs I had was rhe pitch play on third down amd north using Bart more

Was a great year with lots to look forward to next year. They return a lot of talent and should be hungry with a butter taste of this bowl game in their mouth

Not near as disappointed as I normally am after a Pitt loss given the circumstances. Reallly enjoyed this year and a, looking forward to an even better 2022

Abanikanda/Hammond had 9 carries combined. V Davis has 12. That definitely factored into ineffective offense.

That sucked. Hate going into the off season with an ugly loss. Looking forward to seeing this kid from USC next year!

How many teams have productive offenses with the third string QB whose never taken a snap in a game Not to mention the fact that said Qb was not very mobile to put it kindly. Also given that I’m sure they wanted to get Patti ready I doubt Beville got many reps leading up to the game

Reactions: ThePanthers
I thought we might have thrown to the TE's more tonight with Beville. I think there were only 2 catches that I saw to a TE.

Reactions: mike 301
  • Frustrating but they did enough to avoid total disaster with a 3rd string qb
  • The pitch play was beginning of the end
  • The pass defense under Nard overall has been horrible even in an 11 win season
  • First thought was they’re thinking fg after miraculously getting there. So guessing the slant to Addison was a bad play call vs trying to win it instead of fg.

How many teams have productive offenses with the third string QB whose never taken a snap in a game Not to mention the fact that said Qb was not very mobile to put it kindly. Also given that I’m sure they wanted to get Patti ready I doubt Beville got many reps leading up to the game
Izzy got hurt too and was out.

Reactions: pittbb80
Don’t ya know that every time a team loses the coaching is awful .

there’s not an OC around who could have won with Beville at Qb tonite. As you said the playbook was trimmed. Way back for him and the kid looked like a deer in the headlights most of the game. I thought he was more mobile but he was almost Yelllin statue like

MSu knew this and played D accordingly. They geared up to stop the run and dared Pitt to pass the ball. So the comments about running more are kinda funny because they tried that most of the second half and got stuffed.

I don’t have an issue with trying to win it rather than settling for a FG. No way were they winning in OT with Beville and a tired D. I have no issue with Trying to win

The D played heroically. They just got gassed from being on the field the entire game. Pass rush wasn’t getting pressure at the end which exposes rhe DBs.

only beefs I had was rhe pitch play on third down amd north using Bart more

Was a great year with lots to look forward to next year. They return a lot of talent and should be hungry with a butter taste of this bowl game in their mouth

Not near as disappointed as I normally am after a Pitt loss given the circumstances. Reallly enjoyed this year and a, looking forward to an even better 2022
We lost the game before the last drive. Better coaches steal a win tonight.

Reactions: GriffTannen
I agree. But close isn’t good enough. We’re spending money to get “good coaches”. It’s not 1999

We lost the game before the last drive. Better coaches steal a win tonight.
Dabo played with an inferior qb but perhaps the most talented roster in the ACC. His team did not make the championship game.

I think Salem could have done somethings differently but the fact of the matter is the loss of Patti handcuffed this team dramatically. No adjustment would alter that gap.

All I see is a sliver of hope with Patti and possibly Slovis. We'll see in game situations.
Cmon man, Slovis didn’t come here to compete for a starting job. If he’s healthy he will be the starter. Any talk about there being competition in camp is just lip service. When he was fully healthy he was a top 3 preseason Heisman choice and multiple sites had him as the #1 overall draft choice as soon as he was draft eligible.

I like Patti some as well, but if he wants to play before he graduates he will almost certainly be transferring.

Dabo played with an inferior qb but perhaps the most talented roster in the ACC. His team did not make the championship game.

I think Salem could have done somethings differently but the fact of the matter is the loss of Patti handcuffed this team dramatically. No adjustment would alter that gap.
We had the lead in the 4th quarter and screwed it up. It wasn’t some miracle.

Slovis >> Patti. He's far more than a sliver of hope. I'm not saying he'll be Pickett but he could certainly be the next Peterman.
If Slovis stays 2 years he will end up throwing a lot more TD passes in his career than Kenny Pickett. Hell he may end up passing him next year if he has a good season. It all depends on him being healthy.

How important is Wake Forest winning tomorrow now? The ACC is already looking like garbage in the bowl season with UNC and VT not even being particularly competitive. If WF doesn't defeat a 5-7 Rutgers team that backed into a New Year's Eve Bowl due to A&M not playing; then I don't think it's too far of a stretch for people to start arguing that the AAC was a better league than the ACC this year.

Reactions: PSUer1989
How important is Wake Forest winning tomorrow now? The ACC is already looking like garbage in the bowl season with UNC and VT not even being particularly competitive. If WF doesn't defeat a 5-7 Rutgers team that backed into a New Year's Eve Bowl due to A&M not playing; then I don't think it's too far of a stretch for people to start arguing that the AAC was a better league than the ACC this year.
It really doesn't matter at all. Clemson will be ACC preseason favorite. Miami will be ranked way too high with UNC and VT falling in right behind them. Pitt will be just on the outside of the top 25 with a few votes. No matter how bad a conference is, voters and the playoff committee have their favorites and it doesn't matter what they do in these bowl games.

If Slovis stays 2 years he will end up throwing a lot more TD passes in his career than Kenny Pickett. Hell he may end up passing him next year if he has a good season. It all depends on him being healthy.
I don’t see Slovis playing beyond next year if he’s healthy and has a good year. Hell enter the draft

IMO - The play of the OL was the most disappointing aspect of the game.
Generally agree but the qb didn’t help them that much. When the D doesn’t have to worry about a mobile Qb it makes the OLs job a lot harder But yeah they didn’t have a good game for sure

It really doesn't matter at all. Clemson will be ACC preseason favorite. Miami will be ranked way too high with UNC and VT falling in right behind them. Pitt will be just on the outside of the top 25 with a few votes. No matter how bad a conference is, voters and the playoff committee have their favorites and it doesn't matter what they do in these bowl games.
Pitt will be ranked #17 pre season

I thought it hit the goal line. Actually I’m pretty confident it did.
Can you call a fair catch and pick the ball up off the ground?

Did we have to recover and try to down or advance the ball?

This one of many Pitt games that I never ever ever want to talk about again. Would rather a blow out than a keep me hopefull fo the entire game with that shitty coaching and play calling. I wouldn’t be upset of all if we lost decently. But now I’m beyond irate and my family hates me for my mood.

That's why it's not a good idea to take these games so seriously. I know it's difficult to do that, but put it in perspective. It wasn't an important game in the big picture. All it would have done for us was give us a 12th win. And we were a shell of a team that played this year. MSU did not beat the Pitt team that played on the field this year, and we all know that. If MSU wants to beat their chests over barely beating a team that was decimated and without many of their starters, then let them. We know why MSU won and it wasn't because MSU was the better team, that's for sure.

So life goes on and we have a lot to look forward to this coming year, besides sports. I know I do. This game will be forgotten soon enough, and that's a good thing.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT