ADVERTISEMENT

Pens

Team hasn't been the same since Hornquist left. Geno and Letang should have been traded for prospects and draft picks after the Capitals knocked them out of playoffs and won the cup. Also, they've always needed some muscle and when a GM has tried for some, Sully won't put them on the ice.. Oldest team in league can't outskate anyone. Sully keeps trtying

Reactions: PittPharm2002
You would've been proud of me when I played lol. I was the biggest A hole you can imagine trying to move from out front of the net.
The Pens size and Sullivans style aren't really made to be in there taking a beating. They want to beat you on the rush every play.
The second comings of Stevens and Tocchet would be nice but you don't need to be all that.

You just can't be afraid to take a beating. Right now I don't see that in the system. Maybe one of these hurt guys can be that but those type of guys obviously aren't very plentiful and right now the Pens aren't dealing from a place of strength. Other GMs aren't dumb. They know Dubas has pressure to try to fix this team in a hurry.
I was thinking how we really miss Hornqvist , that was his kitchen on the power play .
I’d rather Geno with his strength be there than on the point

Reactions: jctrack
The reality is this teams is just not very talented. Geno is a shell of the player he was. His legacy is the only reason why he’s even playing let alone being on the top six.

Tanger is a turnover machine and karlson is much the same. I don’t think adding karlson added much at all

this team has three top six players in Sid Rush and Jake. Won’t win many games with that level of talent

Unless KD pulls of a miracle trade this team isn’t making the playoffs. It may be time to tear it down and get what you can for the stars and rebuild

Carter has good hands and is a pretty big dude. Planting him jn the crease in the PP might be a good option

Carter has good hands and is a pretty big dude. Planting him jn the crease in the PP might be a good option
Moving letang and Geno off pp1 needs to happen.
Doing the same shit isn’t working - it’s an absolute liability and killing this team

Moving letang and Geno off pp1 needs to happen.
Doing the same shit isn’t working - it’s an absolute liability and killing this team
Tanger has been moved off and replaced by his twin Karlson. Between him and Geno, it actually gives the opposition great scoring chances with their frequent turnovers

Team hasn't been the same since Hornquist left. Geno and Letang should have been traded for prospects and draft picks after the Capitals knocked them out of playoffs and won the cup. Also, they've always needed some muscle and when a GM has tried for some, Sully won't put them on the ice.. Oldest team in league can't outskate anyone.
I agree. That offseason was the best time to shake things up, coaching included.

The Pens had 9 shots going into the 3rd down 3-0. I suspect and hope that if they lose tomorrow night a major coaching shakeup is coming.

Rick Tocchet should have been hired as HC two years ago , but that is just another item in the should have done but didn't.

Reardons PP sucks. Is Tocchet coaching anywhere? Tell me why they got Karlson.

Rick Tocchet should have been hired as HC two years ago , but that is just another item in the should have done but didn't.

Tocchet has been an NHL coach for eight seasons counting this one. In his coaching career he's coached 501 games and his team has won 215 of them. In his first seven seasons his teams have missed the playoffs six times and lost in the first round once. He's never finished above tied for third in his division, and that was in a season where his division only had five teams in it.

If they'd have hired him two years ago (when his overall career winning percentage was .406) it would have been just about the dumbest hire since Lou Angotti.

I wish Sully would get run over by a bus. Whatever the hell it takes to get him out from behind that bench! What the hell is wrong with this city?? Do we have to keep our coaches long after their act has become stale? Do Sully and Tomlin have something on their respective owners that has them cemented here forever? At this point, can we get any worse?? It is well past time to install new leaders.

I wish Sully would get run over by a bus. Whatever the hell it takes to get him out from behind that bench! What the hell is wrong with this city?? Do we have to keep our coaches long after their act has become stale? Do Sully and Tomlin have something on their respective owners that has them cemented here forever? At this point, can we get any worse?? It is well past time to install new leaders.
I cannot believe that Mike Sullivan is still coaching this team. Do I think he’s a bad coach? Absolutely not. However, there is no way in hell you can watch this team and think anyone is listening to him.

Reactions: Pittisit4me
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT