ADVERTISEMENT

Pitt baseball 2024

Bases loaded, two outs in the bottom of the 7th, if Pitt can push a run across here we will find out if the ten run rule is in effect!

Boys are hot right now. OOC has cost us last few seasons. Good to see them coming out of the gates quick.

Would be great to push a tourney bid this season

Boys are hot right now. OOC has cost us last few seasons. Good to see them coming out of the gates quick.

I think our lineup might be good enough, but pitching - I don't know

Yeah - last years team had a pretty poor start and was really pretty bad ooc all season - lost 2 of 3 to Maine , split with Stetson and Mt. St Mary’s in early part of the schedule . Never really gave themselves any realistic chance to make the tourney .

Also like that we are playing much better competition in the ooc . Replacing Harvard , Stetson, Mt St Mary’s , South Florida with Oklahoma, Ohio State , Cal , Washington, Maryland…

Reactions: TheSpecialSauce
Also like that we are playing much better competition in the ooc . Replacing Harvard , Stetson, Mt St Mary’s , South Florida with Oklahoma, Ohio State , Cal , Washington, Maryland…

I don't know how it happened, but getting into this tournament out in Vegas this weekend with Oklahoma, Ohio State and Cal seems like a big deal. None of those are great, but they are all decent big conference opponents.

Reactions: PittMBA
Panthers lose the first of the series to the tarheels 2-1. Pitt scrapped the whole game but to me the talent level between the two squads was evident. Unc scored on a sac fly in the eighth after getting a lead off double. Not much offense from the panthers.

Reactions: rooster75
It looks like this should be a relatively good season.
Again, nice lineup but pitching?

We hung for most of 3 games with UNC, but pitching ended up being the difference.

Expect to see more of that in ACC play.

Well the midweek losses to mid-majors has started again. Lost in extra innings to Youngstown State, 7-6. Pitt starter pitched one inning and gave up 3 runs.

Youngstown State was 0-15.

• Wow
Reactions: Chaos
Well the midweek losses to mid-majors has started again. Lost in extra innings to Youngstown State, 7-6. Pitt starter pitched one inning and gave up 3 runs.

Youngstown State was 0-15.
Pitching has been a problem in recent years (still no dedicated pitching coach)

The most recent game was also the first with a lineup shift.

Melendez, Kendro and Zuckerman did not start. Could that have been the one run difference?

Mosley pitched for the first time.

Manager wears this loss.

Last edited:
Reactions: mike412
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT