ADVERTISEMENT

Pitt baseball 2024

Pitt 1-5 to start conference play after losing 2 of 3 at home to BC. Can't get too far behind or we will never have a chance to get back to Charlotte, let alone a NCAA bid (which seems out of reach this year).

Such a promising 8-1 start with wins over some good teams. And then, losing to an 0-15 Youngstown State team and starting 1-5 in the ACC. It’s like taking all of the air out of all 4 tires.

Reactions: W1np1tt and latz66
Such a promising 8-1 start with wins over some good teams. And then, losing to an 0-15 Youngstown State team and starting 1-5 in the ACC. It’s like taking all of the air out of all 4 tires.
…and now this. Sigh.

…and now this. Sigh.

That 6th inning was pathetic.

Partridge comes in to pitch to start the inning. Double, walk, double, single.

So they bring Kovel in to pitch. Walk (to load the bases), walk.

So they bring Porter in to pitch. Single, strike out, ground out, single, walk, strike out.

When your guy pitching to six batters and giving up two hits and a walk is your highlight of the inning pitching-wise, well, that's not good.

The other thing that was not good, one hit. Not against a Friday pitcher or some other good starter. Against the typical mid-week parade of bullpen arms.

From 8-1 to 11-11.

That 6th inning was pathetic.

Partridge comes in to pitch to start the inning. Double, walk, double, single.

So they bring Kovel in to pitch. Walk (to load the bases), walk.

So they bring Porter in to pitch. Single, strike out, ground out, single, walk, strike out.

When your guy pitching to six batters and giving up two hits and a walk is your highlight of the inning pitching-wise, well, that's not good.

The other thing that was not good, one hit. Not against a Friday pitcher or some other good starter. Against the typical mid-week parade of bullpen arms.

From 8-1 to 11-11.
Partridge has sucked all year. Bell is making way too much money for this nonsense.

Reactions: W1np1tt and gary2
After blowing a game at #13 Virginia Tech yesterday by allowing three unearned runs in a game they were ahead 3-2 in, today the Panthers take an early lead (6-0 after the top of the 2nd) and then hold on for dear life in a 7-6 win.

We were doomed after that HR didn’t make it 5-4 when the runners crossed up and got an out. The weirdest thing I think I’ve seen.

I wasn't watching when it happened, but I saw the play by play for it on the game tracker, and I was wondering wtf happened. And then later on in the game when Kendro was at bat they were talking about it enough to figure out what it was, and I thought damn, if we lose this game that's going to be a really crappy way to lose.

Reactions: PittEngineer12
I wasn't watching when it happened, but I saw the play by play for it on the game tracker, and I was wondering wtf happened. And then later on in the game when Kendro was at bat they were talking about it enough to figure out what it was, and I thought damn, if we lose this game that's going to be a really crappy way to lose.
I couldn’t believe it, sadly can’t really fault anyone as the VT player had the ball in his glove until he didn’t and played it off well as if he did. I thought he caught it until he threw his glove on the ground. Mike Bells face said it all when they were reviewing it. What a mess but a lesson was learned im sure, not that that helps the final score.

Reactions: Joe the Panther Fan
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT