ADVERTISEMENT

Pitt baseball

Cap pitt

Junior
Jul 20, 2014
Started season 8 - 1 then fell off of a cliff, now 13 - 16

Last edited:
Pitching is bad. Hitting not that much better.

But it is tough to be a northern team in NCAA baseball. Currently there are 0 teams from the Northeast or Midwest in the top 25.

Having said that, there are many teams in the NE and midwest that are better than Pitt. With our ACC membership, quality of school and decent facilities, you would think we would be (or at least could be) a destination for kids that aren't getting SEC or southern ACC offers. And that really isn't happening.

I have resigned to the fact the Big sports/Money sports can just go the way its going for the most part. A trip every other year is a trip. However, I though there were thoughts or will there ever be just to let the other sports just represent the school in legitimate regional conferences. I said it before I rather a sport like baseball just come together in a bus league with I.E. Wvu, YSU, KEnt, Akron etc.. Treat them ot early tourney play in nice areas but these Northeastern teams can simply play and develop against each other and eventually play sunchine states later in the spring/summer. You have about the same chances but realistic travel. Save a ton to enhnace the facilities all, including big money sports can use. Anyways is this actually a discussion point on the ACC/NCAA level? Or these conferences just make it an all or nothing thing. Comparable treat it like ncaa hockey, because of not many teams there is only so many conference you can play but it is based off of associate membership based more off of practicality.

I wonder if Pitt wouldn't be better off adding men's and women's ice hockey and getting rid of baseball and softball. They have a nice little niche with women's lacrosse and can maybe turn those fields into lacrosse. And play at PPG for hockey. Its just really hard for Northern baseball and softball teams.

I wonder if Pitt wouldn't be better off adding men's and women's ice hockey and getting rid of baseball and softball. They have a nice little niche with women's lacrosse and can maybe turn those fields into lacrosse. And play at PPG for hockey. Its just really hard for Northern baseball and softball teams.
I guess it depends on your definition of "better off". If "better off" means more competitive, yes, probably. But if "better off" means less of a drain on cash, then baseball is probably the better option.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT