ADVERTISEMENT

Pitt Gets Verbal Commitment From Virginia LB, Link!

CaptainSidneyReilly

Chancellor
Dec 25, 2006
Pitt Gets Verbal Commitment From Virginia LB!:p

Pitt landed its sixth recruit from the Class of 2016 on Monday when linebacker Chase Pine of Williamsburg, Va., said he plans to enroll. :oops:

The competition for Pine was intense.
“Pitt did the best job recruiting him,” said Andy Linn, Pine's coach at Lafayette High School. “Coach (Rob) Harley (linebacker coach) did a phenomenal job. He built a relationship with Chase from the get-go. He was honest with him. I think that was one of the biggest things.” :rolleyes:

Pine, ranked as a three-star prospect by Rivals.com, had offers from several Power 5 schools, including California, Georgia, North Carolina, North Carolina State, Syracuse, Virginia, Virginia Tech, Wake Forest and West Virginia.:)

“There also is a good chance of him playing sooner (at Pitt),” Linn said. :D

Pine, who will be Lafayette's starting quarterback this season, was one of the team's top defensive playmakers last season when Lafayette (14-1) advanced to the 3A state title game. At 6-3 1⁄2, 220 pounds, Pine had eight sacks and two interceptions, one for a touchdown, in five playoff games, competing in Virginia's third-largest of six classifications. :cool:

“He makes big plays and he is able to get to the passer and also is able to cover,” Linn said.
Pine is the first 2016 linebacker to commit to Pitt. :rolleyes:

Read more: http://triblive.com/sports/college/pitt/8614478-74/pine-pitt-virginia#ixzz3drfRnrxB
B7SGOlZCEAADeYa.png:large

hfeux422fi1zbcppbidu.gif

Reactions: Bradlib Zannamaker
Pitt Gets Verbal Commitment From Virginia LB!:p

Pitt landed its sixth recruit from the Class of 2016 on Monday when linebacker Chase Pine of Williamsburg, Va., said he plans to enroll. :oops:

The competition for Pine was intense.
“Pitt did the best job recruiting him,” said Andy Linn, Pine's coach at Lafayette High School. “Coach (Rob) Harley (linebacker coach) did a phenomenal job. He built a relationship with Chase from the get-go. He was honest with him. I think that was one of the biggest things.” :rolleyes:

Pine, ranked as a three-star prospect by Rivals.com, had offers from several Power 5 schools, including California, Georgia, North Carolina, North Carolina State, Syracuse, Virginia, Virginia Tech, Wake Forest and West Virginia.:)

“There also is a good chance of him playing sooner (at Pitt),” Linn said. :D

Pine, who will be Lafayette's starting quarterback this season, was one of the team's top defensive playmakers last season when Lafayette (14-1) advanced to the 3A state title game. At 6-3 1⁄2, 220 pounds, Pine had eight sacks and two interceptions, one for a touchdown, in five playoff games, competing in Virginia's third-largest of six classifications. :cool:

“He makes big plays and he is able to get to the passer and also is able to cover,” Linn said.
Pine is the first 2016 linebacker to commit to Pitt. :rolleyes:

Read more: http://triblive.com/sports/college/pitt/8614478-74/pine-pitt-virginia#ixzz3drfRnrxB
B7SGOlZCEAADeYa.png:large

hfeux422fi1zbcppbidu.gif
I like this recruit and I am happier that he comes from under appreciated Virginia football stock.

I like this recruit and I am happier that he comes from under appreciated Virginia football stock.
Agree, I like he is a QB in High School and wants to be a tough Outside Linebacker on Defense and made a very smart choice and wants to learn Defense under Coach Pat & Harley & Staff......Chase Pine is going to know about Passing Routes, QB's Reads & Tells, and has the size for DE and OLB interchange.

Mr. Pine, is the type of recruit that really studied where he wanted to learn the game for his future. He had down to Georgia and WVU with Pitt and is not just excited to commit to Pitt, but can't wait to come to Pitt and learn the game he loves. Chase Pine is already a Leader in his High School Team, and when he gets to Pitt, he will be a Leader here.

I just have a Hunch Pitt, Coach Pat & Staff, really are grabbing Recruits and Players that really want to come to Pitt and learn the game and the excitement can be read in between the lines when you read their comments.

I know some critics on other Rivals Boards will say, they do not have the talent as other Programs are recruiting at OSU, PSU, and Miami but it is like.......Coach Pat & Staff, "We Will Develop, Teach, and Build a Great Team with those that want to Commit to Pitt and let their practicing, playing, and winning do the talking."

I cannot explain it, I cannot put any finger on it, and I will not try and pretend I know something I cannot describe, but what I am reading, evaluating and seeing within these Recruits and Coaches, they all want to be at Pitt, and Just a Hunch PITT IS IT for all them.

It does remind me how Barry Alavarez a Nebraska Alumnus establshed the Wisconsin Program way back in the 1990s. How Dantonio an OSU Alumnus rebuilt MSU Football into a Top Ten Winner this past Decade. As TCU and Baylor Coaches brought recruits to be Top 5 Winners in the Big-12!

There were far bigger Programs that kept recruiting Top 15 Talent and 5 & 4 Star Recruits at Texas, Oklahoma, Michigan, and Ohio State, but it like, Wisky, TCU, MSU, and Baylor Coaches said, we don't care what they have, we only care what we can develop here and with those that want to be here!

At the same time, when read some of these 5 & 4 Star Recruits from Pennsylvania, New Jersey, Maryland, Ohio, Virginia, and other Regions announcing their choice commitments, it is like they are doing them a favor, as if, they are lucky to get me, and I going there to play for them and that will be good for them.

I just see a lack of passion, a lack of smarts, and not having the same passion I am reading in between the lines are some of these Pitt Commits? We shall see what the difference will be like in about two months and few years, but all i know these Recruits are coming to Pitt and expecting to work and develop an attitude we saw from coach Pat & now his Staff.......PITT IS IT, and this is where I want to be!!!!!
B8UjPBFIEAEJyeT.jpg:large

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT