ADVERTISEMENT

Pitt men’s soccer ranked No. 1 in ACC coaches poll

If Pitt does not win the NC this year, it will be a big disappointment. They are basically what Alabama is. The best talent far and away, should win it, but upsets can happen

If Pitt does not win the NC this year, it will be a big disappointment. They are basically what Alabama is. The best talent far and away, should win it, but upsets can happen
You of all people know that soccer has more randomness than most sports because teams can pack a defensive style and hope to counter and convert the 1 or 2 chances they may get...or take it to basically a dice roll called penalties.

No, I would like you to break down my post and explain why its one of the dumbest ever. Also, I would be interested in your own opinion.
"Earth to SMF. Earth to SMF. Come in SMF."

"I think we've lost him."

I know nothing about college soccer, but when one team gets 22/24 1st place votes in the coaches’ poll I’m pretty sure that team would be considered the preseason Alabama of soccer. That team isn’t Pitt.

No to get back on topic but...when I was at Pitt, the men's soccer team wasn't very good. I follow soccer a little (EPL, etc) and would watch UVa and others win titles and have good teams and I thought then that I would never see Pitt ranked let alone in the upper echelon of NCAA Soccer.

Congrats guys and bring home a championship.

LOL, get over yourself
No, I want you to break it down for me. Have an opinion, a free thought. You felt I was egregiously wrong so go ahead and explain how.

Or wait, let me guess, you cannot. Either because you lack the mental capacity to put together a few coherent sentences or you know I'm right.

So go ahead, I'm calling you out. We're all waiting for you pointing out exactly why I was egregiously incorrect.

I know nothing about college soccer, but when one team gets 22/24 1st place votes in the coaches’ poll I’m pretty sure that team would be considered the preseason Alabama of soccer. That team isn’t Pitt.
Nah. Marhsall got lucky, tying 1 game in the NCAAT and winning only 1 in regulation. They won it so they got the nod but their championship was complete luck. Almost like Greece winning the 04 Euros. That happens. They are a mid-level ACC team. A good team but probably the 12th-15th best

No, I want you to break it down for me. Have an opinion, a free thought. You felt I was egregiously wrong so go ahead and explain how.

Or wait, let me guess, you cannot. Either because you lack the mental capacity to put together a few coherent sentences or you know I'm right.

So go ahead, I'm calling you out. We're all waiting for you pointing out exactly why I was egregiously incorrect.
I'm NOT waiting for him to answer.

Therefore, it is NOT all.

Therefore, you are WRONG AGAIN.

Reactions: prez41

I’m flattered to hear that everyone is waiting for my reply; however, I will continue to allow your post to speak for itself.

I’m flattered to hear that everyone is waiting for my reply; however, I will continue to allow your post to speak for itself.
I am not surprised you do not have the ability to debate me on this. Thanks for playing though. Another W in the books for SMF.

And don't feel bad, I've made many other posters smarter than you look stupid.

I am not surprised you do not have the ability to debate me on this. Thanks for playing though. Another W in the books for SMF.

And don't feel bad, I've made many other posters smarter than you look stupid.
You’re confusing ability and ambition. Basically, you’re beneath me and not worth the time or effort.

Explain why. Break it down for me. Seriously.
Because you idiotically compared Pitt Soccer (a team that's been legitimately good for what... one year in a row?) with Alabama football, a team that has won the title 3 of the last 6 years and appeared in 2 more finals.

That is absolutely moronic.

Reactions: Joe the Panther Fan
Because you idiotically compared Pitt Soccer (a team that's been legitimately good for what... one year in a row?) with Alabama football, a team that has won the title 3 of the last 6 years and appeared in 2 more finals.

Say it slower so he can comprehend better.

Reactions: caleco's

OK. Fair enough. But I didn't intend it to mean Pitt is some 10 year soccer dynasty like Bama football. I meant that this season, they have far and away the most talent (like Bama football). That doesn't mean they will win it because upsets are possible. But it would be disappointing if they don't.

On my TV listings there are all kinds of college soccer games listed in the next few weeks, so Pitt is #1 and none of the broadcasts is Pitt?

On my TV listings there are all kinds of college soccer games listed in the next few weeks, so Pitt is #1 and none of the broadcasts is Pitt?
Regular season opener vs Duquesne Aug 26th is on the ACCN. Almost all of the games are on ACCN and ACCNX; @PSU on FS1. Only @ WVU and @ Akron not currently scheduled for broadcast. Pitt is pre-season #3 nationally.

Nah. Marhsall got lucky, tying 1 game in the NCAAT and winning only 1 in regulation. They won it so they got the nod but their championship was complete luck. Almost like Greece winning the 04 Euros. That happens. They are a mid-level ACC team. A good team but probably the 12th-15th best
So Pitt lost to Clemson Twice, UNC, and Indiana. They were outscored 1-8 in those 4 loses. Marshall went 3-0 against those teams. Pitt may well be the best and Marshall overrated, but calm down with the Alabama comparisons. Although I'm sure after Pitt wins 1 game you'll be back here comparing them to the '95 Bulls.

Reactions: pittdan77
Regular season opener vs Duquesne Aug 26th is on the ACCN. Almost all of the games are on ACCN and ACCNX; @PSU on FS1. Only @ WVU and @ Akron not currently scheduled for broadcast. Pitt is pre-season #3 nationally.

right now @WVU only ESPN+
  • WVU
    vs
    Pitt
    Aug 30 (Mon)

Morgantown, W.Va.Dick Dlesk Soccer Stadium
    7:00 p.m.
    • ESPN+

OK, I get it, my TV doesn't include ACCN

• Haha
Reactions: FireballZ
OK, I get it, my TV doesn't include ACCN

Last year, ACCN had 8 Pitt football games, 13 men's basketball games (not including 2 on ACCNX), 5 women's basketball games (14 more on ACCNX), and a majority of Pitt's baseball, soccer, softball, and volleyball games were on ACCN or ACCNX. Friday Night Duals had Pitt wrestling on at least twice. Pitt Road Trip already aired for this football season. Hard to be a Pitt fan these days without it.

Hopefully everyone that is stuck with Comcast will get it by the end of September. Packer and Durham is a great daily show too. Lots of Pitt stuff on it. Packer loved Pitt last year.

Last year, ACCN had 8 Pitt football games, 13 men's basketball games (not including 2 on ACCNX), 5 women's basketball games (14 more on ACCNX), and a majority of Pitt's baseball, soccer, softball, and volleyball games were on ACCN or ACCNX. Friday Night Duals had Pitt wrestling on at least twice. Pitt Road Trip already aired for this football season. Hard to be a Pitt fan these days without it.

Hopefully everyone that is stuck with Comcast will get it by the end of September. Packer and Durham is a great daily show too. Lots of Pitt stuff on it. Packer loved Pitt last year.
I'm really enjoying watching the football road trips for each school.

Reactions: CrazyPaco
So Pitt lost to Clemson Twice, UNC, and Indiana. They were outscored 1-8 in those 4 loses. Marshall went 3-0 against those teams.

Yeah, but all that proves is that Marshall is really, really lucky and Pitt is really, really unlucky.

Or, that once again SMF has absolutely no idea what he is talking about.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT