ADVERTISEMENT

Pitt VB reputation

Austin26

Walk-on
Gold Member
Jan 16, 2011
My 13 year old granddaughter plays on a travel VB team. They played in a tournament this past weekend in Baltimore. Between matches, my daughter-in-law and granddaughter checked out a sports apparel place in the complex where the tournament was being held. They had Pitt Panthers Volleyball hoodies. (Yes,I told my daughter-in-law to buy one for my granddaughter and I’d reimburse her.)
I was impressed that Pitt VB hoodies were on sale in Baltimore.

My 13 year old granddaughter plays on a travel VB team. They played in a tournament this past weekend in Baltimore. Between matches, my daughter-in-law and granddaughter checked out a sports apparel place in the complex where the tournament was being held. They had Pitt Panthers Volleyball hoodies. (Yes,I told my daughter-in-law to buy one for my granddaughter and I’d reimburse her.)
Good to hear. This is pretty standard at some of the bigger tournaments I’ve been to. They will have some of the bigger brands represented in the merchandise section of the arena. It varies a little depending on where you are.

Good to hear. This is pretty standard at some of the bigger tournaments I’ve been to. They will have some of the bigger brands represented in the merchandise section of the arena. It varies a little depending on where you are.
This. They also had Texas, Kentucky, Penn State, etc. at the Steel City Freeze last weekend. Pitt shirts sold out quickly.

Some of the tournaments are sponsored by Nike or UA. Charm City (Baltimore) was a JVA tournament and they have a deal with Nike. Steel City was a Nike Sponsored tournament. When Top Court Events runs a tournament, it's all UA stuff.

This. They also had Texas, Kentucky, Penn State, etc. at the Steel City Freeze last weekend. Pitt shirts sold out quickly.

Some of the tournaments are sponsored by Nike or UA. Charm City (Baltimore) was a JVA tournament and they have a deal with Nike. Steel City was a Nike Sponsored tournament. When Top Court Events runs a tournament, it's all UA stuff.
Thanks for the info. Just getting into the junior volleyball scene. Makes sense Nike would have our apparel at a tournament they sponsor. 40 courts at the Charm City tournament. Some Moms of players on my granddaughter’s team figured out how to live stream their matches on YouTube, which was pretty cool.

Reactions: pittdan77
Thanks for the info. Just getting into the junior volleyball scene. Makes sense Nike would have our apparel at a tournament they sponsor. 40 courts at the Charm City tournament. Some Moms of players on my granddaughter’s team figured out how to live stream their matches on YouTube, which was pretty cool.
Welcome to the club. Nothing louder than 12 and 13-u girls when they win a point. LOL

I see a lot of people streaming with the Gametime app. Unfortunately, it's not always simple to just connect to wifi and have enough bandwidth to do it. I've tried and it's just impossible sometimes. Bigger venues, like the Baltimore Convention Center, aren't too bad. I record and then post the videos to YouTube for my kid and so her grandparents can watch at their leisure.

Next time you're at a big tournament like that around DC/Baltimore, it's worth turning out to see some of the older girls play. Metro has some crazy elite talent.

Reactions: Chaos and Austin26
Welcome to the club. Nothing louder than 12 and 13-u girls when they win a point. LOL

I see a lot of people streaming with the Gametime app. Unfortunately, it's not always simple to just connect to wifi and have enough bandwidth to do it. I've tried and it's just impossible sometimes. Bigger venues, like the Baltimore Convention Center, aren't too bad. I record and then post the videos to YouTube for my kid and so her grandparents can watch at their leisure.

Next time you're at a big tournament like that around DC/Baltimore, it's worth turning out to see some of the older girls play. Metro has some crazy elite talent.
My wife is unable to attend some of the tournaments so she signed up for BallerTV which streams almost every game of some tournaments. May be worth it for those that can’t attend……I just don’t know which tournaments they are at. For us so far, they streamed in Raleigh and Charlotte but were not at Hampton.

My wife is unable to attend some of the tournaments so she signed up for BallerTV which streams almost every game of some tournaments. May be worth it for those that can’t attend……I just don’t know which tournaments they are at. For us so far, they streamed in Raleigh and Charlotte but were not at Hampton.
Let me know how that BallerTV is for watching games.

BallerTV gives you somewhat of a bird’s eye view of the match. Pretty good quality from what I’ve seen. It may vary if the match is taking place in a basement of a convention center or something. Depending on what level of Baller you sign up for, you can watch only so many tournaments per month.
One nice feature is it allows you to make clips you can save to place on recruiting sites and I believe you can go back and re-watch matches from past tournaments and seasons.

BallerTV gives you somewhat of a bird’s eye view of the match. Pretty good quality from what I’ve seen. It may vary if the match is taking place in a basement of a convention center or something. Depending on what level of Baller you sign up for, you can watch only so many tournaments per month.
One nice feature is it allows you to make clips you can save to place on recruiting sites and I believe you can go back and re-watch matches from past tournaments and seasons.
I looked at it for a couple of tourneys but the cost is probably only worth it if you were watching multiple tournaments and making a highlight reel. I did see the setup at Steel City. I was probably more surprised that I didn't see anyone knock a camera over but I did notice that there is a tablet at the scorer's table that controls the feed.

what facility was it?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT