ADVERTISEMENT

Pitt vs. Boston College Game Thread

fair, but it is no more annoying than the constant “pat is building something special here and needs 4 more years” type posts.

I get it, I say it all the time, but you see constant posts taking about how far the program has come under pat and at the very best it s the same as what he inherited.

I don’t see what they see either. At all. D is better, O is worse and special teams aren’t all that special. I think it’s been mostly a push even with the division title. Better to win it than not but the overall picture last year was flatlined IMO.

And if it’s the same people who keep saying it I’ve missed it.

Reactions: H2P 2003
The game is meaningless of course some of them don’t give a sht especially on the offense

A good back would have cut that outside and gotten a lot more AJ Davis is just not that good

Griffin-Stewart two catches in a row without a drop.. has to be season-long streak

I don’t see what they see either. At all. D is better, O is worse and special teams aren’t all the special. I think it’s been mostly a push even with the division title. Better to win it than not but the overall picture last year was flatlined IMO.

And if it’s the same people who keep saying it I’ve missed it.

i fully realize what pitt is. At best win on average 8 per year. It is horribly frustrating though when they have a shot an 9+ wins in the regular season like this year that they have really blown that chance.

and again, if we are going to be mediocre I’d rather be good on offense than this. Defense is fun but I can only take so many 20-15 type games.

Syracuse beat Wake Forest and UVA will most likely lose next week. The second best ACC team will have 4 losses.

Edit syracuse-wf game tied, but it could still happen

HCPN has to step the offensive recruiting. You can only do so much with this level of talent.

HCPN has to step the offensive recruiting. You can only do so much with this level of talent.
But is it talent that is causing them to get a false start every drive? Is it a lack of talent causing them to fumbl constantly? I would say it's more of a execution issue.

You watch them just hand the starting QB job to Pickett next year. Go after a grad transfer or give Beville a shot

VT had a senior returning starter at QB this year, Ryan Willis. After the third game, he was benched in favor of a redshirt frosh, Herndon Hooker. Turned their season around. I give credit to Fuentes for doing something Narduzzi doesn’t have the all’s to do.

Last edited:
Reactions: Farnox
i fully realize what pitt is. At best win on average 8 per year. It is horribly frustrating though when they have a shot an 9+ wins in the regular season like this year that they have really blown that chance.

and again, if we are going to be mediocre I’d rather be good on offense than this. Defense is fun but I can only take so many 20-15 type games.

I have no pie in the sky expectations either. Maybe when all the stars align they can have a real nice season here and there. Maybe even win the division and pull off one of the stunners they’ve had in the championship game.

More than anything the crapping the bed gets old. Games where they can at least appear to take a step or keep some momentum/positivity going - it doesn’t happen.

Reactions: H2P 2003
Geez what a blown drive. No excuse to have it at the 1 and not score especially from a wideout.

And again lack of effort by Matthews to get out and get set. This is f*cling rediculous. They have to start sitting these f*ckups and letting them know if you can't execute you will not play regardless if your the best or not

18 was running an underneath route on 3rd down and he didn’t even glance at him.

Twelfth game of the year and 3 false starts in 16 minutes. That’s lack of discipline. That’s lack of coaching. When a team makes the same pre-snap mistakes for 12 games, that is on the coaches.

Reactions: California Gold
IMO Pickett is not a leader. He sulks and is not mentally strong. Gotta hope beville is the real deal Otherwise what should be a very good defense will be wasted next year

VT shad a senior returning starter at QB this year, Ryan Willis. After the third game, he was benched in favor of a redshirt frosh, Herndon Hooker. Turned their season around. I give credit to Fuentes for doing something Narduzzi doesn’t have the all’s to do.

I doubt patti would really be all that great.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT