ADVERTISEMENT

Pitt vs Kentucky - Game 2

Really fun match. They didn't set the attendance record, but that was a bigger crowd for an opener than I expected.

Those freshmen are fun!
I thought PItt was really good-

Some thoughts
- Babcock and Stafford play with a bit of violence- they are hitting high and straight down - just superior athletes who are scary to think about as they will keep getting better
- Monks did a nice job - especially without Bre -
- Bre was dancing with a walking boot on - have to assume it’s not a break.
- Klika could be that elite libero we haven’t had
- Not sure what to say about Fairbanks- does everything so well- digs, service, sets , kills , blocks … she made one super athletic play in the first set where her inside hand was well over to the opponents side of the net and made a perfect set
- as always - a super fun atmosphere- students were awesome.
- hard to see this team being less than right in the mix for a top 4 ncaa seed all season

I thought PItt was really good-

Some thoughts
- Babcock and Stafford play with a bit of violence- they are hitting high and straight down - just superior athletes who are scary to think about as they will keep getting better
- Monks did a nice job - especially without Bre -
- Bre was dancing with a walking boot on - have to assume it’s not a break.
- Klika could be that elite libero we haven’t had
- Not sure what to say about Fairbanks- does everything so well- digs, service, sets , kills , blocks … she made one super athletic play in the first set where her inside hand was well over to the opponents side of the net and made a perfect set
- as always - a super fun atmosphere- students were awesome.
- hard to see this team being less than right in the mix for a top 4 ncaa seed all season
Ditto on Klika. Beginning to belief that Fairbanks is an athletic freak of nature. If Babcock completely masters that rocket ship serve she going to give someone a concussion.

Ditto on Klika. Beginning to belief that Fairbanks is an athletic freak of nature. If Babcock completely masters that rocket ship serve she going to give someone a concussion.
Yeah - her serve is vicious

I just watched the replay.

- Think Monk did a really good job. Great Block. I think we are still in pretty decent shape with the middle blocker especially if we get Chia playing more

- Babcock and Stafford do not play like freshman. It is scary to think what they will be like in a couple of years.

- Fairbanks is simply put, a complete volleyball player. She does everything so well. You can see why Fish chooses her for the USA volleyball teams.

- That was one of the best defensive performances that I have seen in a very long time. A real pleasure to watch if you are a Pitt fan. Demoralizing if you are the opponent

- I am looking forward to Marquette as another measuring stick. But I am kind of looking forward to Loyola more, kind of want to see more of Bayless in action.

- As it relates to Bre, it will be at least a few weeks before she is back and quite honestly, if she can't come back at her best, she should get a redshirt, if thats possible.

I just watched the replay.

- Think Monk did a really good job. Great Block. I think we are still in pretty decent shape with the middle blocker especially if we get Chia playing more

- Babcock and Stafford do not play like freshman. It is scary to think what they will be like in a couple of years.

- Fairbanks is simply put, a complete volleyball player. She does everything so well. You can see why Fish chooses her for the USA volleyball teams.

- That was one of the best defensive performances that I have seen in a very long time. A real pleasure to watch if you are a Pitt fan. Demoralizing if you are the opponent

- I am looking forward to Marquette as another measuring stick. But I am kind of looking forward to Loyola more, kind of want to see more of Bayless in action.

- As it relates to Bre, it will be at least a few weeks before she is back and quite honestly, if she can't come back at her best, she should get a redshirt, if thats possible.
Yeah - the defense was outstanding. Not just the block - but keeping the ball off the floor- I can’t recall the exact stats but we had to out dig them by at least 10 or 15.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT