ADVERTISEMENT

Pitt vs. Va Tech Game Thread

Looks like last year all over again. A shot at a good season and blam! Over under on passing yards is 8. Whatcha got?

Knew Pickett would implode after drops by his receivers...he's done it all season.

This is a horrible offensive game plan. They need to establish the run in this game. Even if it only gets them 1-3 yrds/carry. They are just sitting back in coverage.

Definitely not a good start and WRs dropping the ball consistently every drive will not help. If we don’t score this next drive things will be ugly today.

Pickett goes from best game of season to potentially worst game. We need cheap yards.
We have to score something this half.

Be nice if Pitt can break tackles once in a while. I’m not sure Whipple is going to be the type of coach where kids want to come to Pitt.

No way in hell would I want this offense going against Clemson. Work on getting a running game next season and 8-4 is fine for this season

I would settle for Shawn Watson at this point.
Its not all play calling, our WRs and QB are just not that good, but they really need to recruit better offensive guys and also run a more exciting offense. What top recruit would want to play for this type of offense. Canada had very innovative play calling.

This is why I do not understand why people are projecting the offense to be so much better next year and why I said VT, Miami, and maybe even UNC all will be picked to finish higher than us next year with the young guys they have coming back and the strides they have made.

This is now the 11th game of the season and the offense is horrible. There’s no reason to think it’s going to take some major leap next year just because KP will now be a senior.

Its not all play calling, our WRs and QB are just not that good, but they really need to recruit better offensive guys and also run a more exciting offense. What top recruit would want to play for this type of offense. Canada had very innovative play calling.

Yep.
The talent isn’t good enough to make up for Whipple’s lack of innovation.
And Whipple isn’t innovative enough to make up for the lack of talent.

One of these things has to change.

Reactions: SisadaPITT
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT