ADVERTISEMENT

Pitt's Peterman Goes 1-on-1 With Gruden At ESPN QB Camp, Gruden Rips On Paterno, LINK

CaptainSidneyReilly

Chancellor
Dec 25, 2006
What a nice article on TRIBLIVE on Pitt's Nate & Gruden, it is something you will want read and see the videos. Max Browne is on deck and if he can stand up like Nate, Pitt should be a great hands for 2017. Max I am told lives in the Pitt Film Room and likes being a Pocket Passer unlike the No Huddle he had to do at USC, plus can talk to Steeler's OC Haley and Big Ben just like Nate did, just another reason for Top QBs to come to Pitt. In addition, a number of Pitt DTs and DEs are following JJ Wats lead with Charlie Partridge after classes Film Rooms and expect be surprises on Pitt Defensive Line. Good to see one of the Best QB Coach & Analysts also mocked Joe Paterno and refuted the Penn State Cult Dolts that have been refuted when it was Paterno that Lied about needing more games and money as reason for cancelling the PITT-PSU Historic Series? Just one more proof from an Expert that Joe could lie without Honor and ruined his own Success with Shaded Silences of not wanting to turn Sandusky that allowed more Children to be abused so he could win 409 Hindsight Mistake and cried about losing his reputation before he passed away.
Excerpts:
To say he was impressed with Peterman's quarterback acumen — and his ability to carry it into the NFL — would be a massive understatement.............."You're about as NFL-ready as any quarterback we've had come through here," Gruden said. "Your ability in the pocket, I hate to say it, but it's professional. Somebody is making a mistake not drafting you. You're good enough to be in the league today." Humbled, but not shy, Peterman answered, "I believe so.".............."I'm a servant leader," said Peterman, whose father Chuck and brother Aaron are pastors. "People know I care about them. I care about us winning the game more than anything."..........."I've never seen a guy who can complete passes off bridges," Gruden said..............Some revelations also surfaced such as the music Peterman listens to before games. He and Gruden share a fondness for the Australian worship band Hillsong United. Also, Peterman, who got married and earned his MBA while attending Pitt the past two years, said he's never been to the "O," the famous hot dog shop on campus................
Hackett's Assistant:
Gruden, who was Pitt's $30,000-a-year wide receivers coach under Paul Hackett in 1991, talked of how far Pitt's workout facilities evolved in the past 26 years. "When I coached at Pitt, (the weight room) was underground in a stadium, which is exploded, I think," he said, referring to Pitt Stadium. Gruden also said he was a big fan of the Pitt/Penn State rivalry. "I used to sit there on Thanksgiving weekend and wait for that game," he said, "until some genius (PATERNO) had the idea to cancel the series." Gruden expressed amazement at Pitt's 2016 record-setting offense, its skill players and the unique play-calling of former coordinator Matt Canada. "Who's that No. 10?" he said as Quadree Henderson took another jet sweep into the end zone. "I have a lot of respect for what they've done in the past two years," he said, also giving credit to 2015 coordinator Jim Chaney. "Look what you did to Clemson," Gruden told Peterman when another example of Pitt's pre-snap shifts appeared on the screen. "You really ticked them off."........................Gruden said he received 15 text messages after Pitt defeated eventual national champion Clemson. "You needed Clemson as a proving ground to show the U.S., to show everybody that you can compete," Gruden told Peterman, who threw five touchdown passes in that game. Having Gruden in his corner won't hurt Peterman's draft standing. Rothman said coaches and general managers habitually phone Gruden for quarterback intelligence. He said Dallas Cowboys owner Jerry Jones talked with Gruden for 30 minutes last year before drafting Dak Prescott in the fourth round...........

LINK:
http://triblive.com/sports/college/...s-peterman-goes-1-on-1-with-gruden-at-espn-qb

Last edited:
Reactions: RaleighPittFan
It would be a helluva story if Nate get drafted in the first three rounds. From the scrap heap bat Tennessee to 2nd round pick. Great sales pitch for Doozi as well.

I will say this-Canada and his offense had more to do with Nate's ascendancy than anything else. Narduzzi gave Canada free reign and he knew what to do with it. I hope Watson can carry it forward.

If Orgeron lets Canada do his thing, LSU will be scary in a year or two.

It would be a helluva story if Nate get drafted in the first three rounds. From the scrap heap bat Tennessee to 2nd round pick. Great sales pitch for Doozi as well.

I will say this-Canada and his offense had more to do with Nate's ascendancy than anything else. Narduzzi gave Canada free reign and he knew what to do with it. I hope Watson can carry it forward.

If Orgeron lets Canada do his thing, LSU will be scary in a year or two.

I don't disagree with what you are saying about Canada's offense, but I would like to add that I think Nathan had a whole lot to do with the success too. Canada's offense puts a lot of decision making on the QB to determine where the ball should go - in the passing game as well as the run game.

Nathan, by all accounts is a very intelligent young man. I'll be watching LSU closely this season to see if they can develop a QB to run that offense nearly as well as Nathan did.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT