ADVERTISEMENT

PN and the offense

pitt90seven

All P I T T !
Gold Member
Dec 5, 2013
yes, i'm starting another thread but this is about a specific subcategory.

i've been chewing on this awhile but it's gotten so much traction the past few weeks. PN threw out the line that he spends 85% of his time with the defense. FCJ decides who's the QB. and we know the history b/w him and his OC's.

i simply can't understand this. i can't say i've ever heard of a HC almost completely out-sourcing his offense (r defense) to someone. like, no involvement whatsoever. to the point that pitt's offense is the worst in the country right now. and he's not getting more involved? he's STILL deferring to FCJ (ex - he said FCJ decides who plays QB just today).

why? this is coaching malpractice. why not just be a DC if you want nothing to do with an offense?

and if PN is not going to change, why fire FCJ? he's got a certain type of OC so he'll just hire another out-dated chump.

this is above reproach for me. i'm not into an AD meddling with a HC. but i would in this instance. if i'm HL, i'm sitting him down and telling him this needs to change. get involved in the offense. the DC knows the system inside and out and will execute it effectively. they don't warrant getting the HC 85% of the time. it's like having a hangnail and a broken arm - and you focus on your hangnail. it makes no sense.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News