ADVERTISEMENT

Porter still a joke

I mean I am a big Steelers fan, but top allegiance is to Pitt, you probably don't get it if you don't root for Pitt players to succeed in all they do after they leave the University. ( I don't root against PSU kids in the pro's unless they are the typical overrated jag-offs they usually are....John "HTF" Capelletti being my first encounter....(Heisman Trophy Fraud)

I totally think it's time to move on from Friermuth. I thought he was okay until this season ... every team we play has a tight end better than him. The Browns-Bears was on yesterday and the catches those TEs made just shows that our TE isn't NFL caliber -- and that's just looking at passing game ability and ignores how awful Friermuth is in the run game.

Reactions: W1np1tt
I totally think it's time to move on from Friermuth. I thought he was okay until this season ... every team we play has a tight end better than him. The Browns-Bears was on yesterday and the catches those TEs made just shows that our TE isn't NFL caliber -- and that's just looking at passing game ability and ignores how awful Friermuth is in the run game.
he's up after next year, no reason to pick up 5th year and let him hit free agency next january.. it was a bad pick but nothing else you can do but let him finish out his contract. you arent going to get anything for him in a trade..

I root for all former Pitt players to succeed in the Pros even when playing against the stillers. Glad Conner tore them up and hope Boyd does the same. It's been awesome to follow all of our former Pitt players in the pros. Especially the ones in Canton. H2P!!!
You're just a different kind of fan, you root for individual players, follow them and root for whatever team they are on at the moment, perfect for the social media age, I'm more old school, I root for one specific team all the time and never deviate.

He hasn't really had good quarterback play the last couple years, I'd like to see him in a 21st century offense with a decent QB and modern playbook, not the 1970s Steeler Way GARBAGE playbook they are using.

He hasn't really had good quarterback play the last couple years, I'd like to see him in a 21st century offense with a decent QB and modern playbook, not the 1970s Steeler Way GARBAGE playbook they are using.
dude gets blown off the ball every time he tries to block someone. his ineptness has nothing to do with style of play.

but you are a steelers cheerleader who has trouble being objective so i get it.

You're just a different kind of fan, you root for individual players, follow them and root for whatever team they are on at the moment, perfect for the social media age, I'm more old school, I root for one specific team all the time and never deviate.
That's fine to each his own. Happy Holidays Pitt79.

dude gets blown off the ball every time he tries to block someone. his ineptness has nothing to do with style of play.

I am more concerned about receiving skills, I want to be a pass first offense.

He thinks it’s Kenny’s fault, and some of it is. But we do know that Kenny isn’t good enough at this point in his career to make up for the inadequacies around him and they are plenty. The jury is still out on Kenny. But we’ve had a large enough sample size to see that Muth ain’t it. But to some people all they know how to do is blame the QB. Pitt79 is that guy and he’s not worth discussing it any longer.

I am more concerned about receiving skills, I want to be a pass first offense.
His receiving skills are average at best. He drops plenty of balls that a pro shouldn’t drop. At least that a #1 TE shouldn’t drop. Not to mention he hung his QB out to dry with the route he ran on Saturday night and it resulted in an int.

I loved the Muth pick and a few years later I thought this would be his breakout year. It hasn’t happened and the Steelers have a decision to make.

In hindsight the Steelers should have drafted the Center instead. 10 years of ignoring the OL has come home to roost. You can’t draft shiny new toys like an alleged pass catching TE or a RB when the OL cupboard was bare.

Reactions: Upg bobcat
He thinks it’s Kenny’s fault, and some of it is. But we do know that Kenny isn’t good enough at this point in his career to make up for the inadequacies around him and they are plenty. The jury is still out on Kenny. But we’ve had a large enough sample size to see that Muth ain’t it. But to some people all they know how to do is blame the QB. Pitt79 is that guy and he’s not worth discussing it any longer.
he has it out for Kenny but everyone else for the steelers deserves more time lol. its a weird take, especially on a pitt message board.

like he's trying to get a rise out of us... nooo, cant be that..

Reactions: Fk_Pitt
he has it out for Kenny but everyone else for the steelers deserves more time lol. its a weird take, especially on a pitt message board.

Lol. Word up.

Kenny has played 25 games, I guess that's not enough to have a judgement on him? Muth has played 41, so if Kenny isn't good next season, that will be at least 41 will it be enough then? You blame everyone but Kenny, so far, he's not good and anyone who thinks he has been is not being objective, they're looking at it with Pitt colored glasses. I know Kenny will continue to get chances, but he needs to produce a lot more than he has to be legit.

These others have had decent individual games, Kenny has not had a single really good standout game in 25 tries, keep waiting and every week he comes up short. Like it or not, a QB will get more scrutiny than a TE or CB, Muth had a big receiving game just 2 weeks ago. Kenny had 285 yards and his usual zero TDs, ok, but nothing special, but in his case one of his best games. You all act like he's good, when will we see it?

These others have had decent individual games, Kenny has not had a single really good standout game in 25 tries, keep waiting and every week he comes up short. Like it or not, a QB will get more scrutiny than a TE or CB, Muth had a big receiving game just 2 weeks ago. Kenny had 285 yards and his usual zero TDs, ok, but nothing special, but in his case one of his best games. You all act like he's good, when will we see it?
friermuth needs more time..

friermuth needs more time..
If he can catch 9 passes for 110 yards a few times a year, he's not doing terrible, but if a QB has 6 TD passes in 12 starts, I can't see how anyone thinks that's acceptable? Unless it's just because they went to Pitt and side with their fellow Pitt guy, even when he's not even average.

If he can catch 9 passes for 110 yards a few times a year, he's not doing terrible, but if a QB has 6 TD passes in 12 starts, I can't see how anyone thinks that's acceptable? Unless it's just because they went to Pitt and side with their fellow Pitt guy, even when he's not even average.
everybody but pickett needs more time.

everybody but pickett needs more time.
I didn't say he doesn't need more time, just don't tell me that his bad performance is everyone's fault but his, and the more time can't be indefinite, if he's not performing by the end of next year they need to move on, and I don't care what anyone says, stats matter, he needs to throw TD passes, I'd say at least 20 in a 17 game season is very reasonable and really not a big number, and more than 150-200 yards in a game.

Who threw the ball to Meuth toe gamers ago. LOL

Who threw the ball to Meuth toe gamers ago. LOL
I said it, Kenny, so he had a 285-yard game with zero TDs and that's his best game of the year, and? Should 285-0-0 be a best game of the year?

I said it, Kenny, so he had a 285-yard game with zero TDs and that's his best game of the year, and? Should 285-0-0 be a best game of the year?
The beauty of the message board is for those of us who wish to express our opinions on various subjects.

Just wondering if you are going to push your opinion on another 100 posts that you believe Pickett is a bust to this point. We get it.

Last edited:
I can see why you’ve posted this based on campaign you have going on but I’m not sure how much sense it makes. Muth has a whole 1 year more experience than KP, working in the same crap system you use to give KP a free pass, but that’s enough to know the verdict is fully in on him but isn’t on KP. At least we now know the verdict one way or the other will be fully in on KP next year at this time.

• Haha
Reactions: FireballZ
Kenny has played 25 games, I guess that's not enough to have a judgement on him? Muth has played 41, so if Kenny isn't good next season, that will be at least 41 will it be enough then? You blame everyone but Kenny, so far, he's not good and anyone who thinks he has been is not being objective, they're looking at it with Pitt colored glasses. I know Kenny will continue to get chances, but he needs to produce a lot more than he has to be legit.
He thinks nothing is Kenny’s fault.

I can see why you’ve posted this based on campaign you have going on but I’m not sure how much sense it makes. Muth has a whole 1 year more experience than KP, working in the same crap system you use to give KP a free pass, but that’s enough to know the verdict is fully in on him but isn’t on KP. At least we now know the verdict one way or the other will be fully in on KP next year at this time.
It makes all the sense in the world silly goose. As 79 said, Muth has played 41 games and Kenny has played 25. So Muth has played an entire season more and now a decision is going to have to be made on him. We have an extra year’s book on him and in todays NFL that’s an important thing because there are things called contract renewals and raises to consider. Kenny will be in the same situation next year. This time last year I was expecting Muth to break out. It hasn’t happened. And yes, in another year the same thing might be said about Kenny. You think people will want to give Kenny a big contract after another year of this? I’ve even advocated here drafting another QB and creating some competition.

It’s cute though that you equate the TE position to the QB position. And it’s not the crap system that’s the reason Muth is a really bad run blocker (don’t think that will ever change), has average at best pass catching capabilities and still doesn’t know how to read a defense and sit for his QB.

He thinks nothing is Kenny’s fault.
You have reading comprehension issues. I don’t expect you to follow me around these boards and know everything that I have posted…but at least consider things that I’ve said just a few posts earlier in this thread before you post nonsense.

Reactions: TheSpecialSauce
The beauty of the message board is for those of us who wish to express our opinions on various subjects.

Just wondering if you are going to push your opinion on another 100 posts that you believe Pickett is a bust to this point. We get it.
He is a bust to this point, he'd need a major jump in performance to avoid bust status.

It makes all the sense in the world silly goose. As 79 said, Muth has played 41 games and Kenny has played 25. So Muth has played an entire season more and now a decision is going to have to be made on him. We have an extra year’s book on him and in todays NFL that’s an important thing because there are things called contract renewals and raises to consider. Kenny will be in the same situation next year. This time last year I was expecting Muth to break out. It hasn’t happened. And yes, in another year the same thing might be said about Kenny. You think people will want to give Kenny a big contract after another year of this? I’ve even advocated here drafting another QB and creating some competition.

It’s cute though that you equate the TE position to the QB position. And it’s not the crap system that’s the reason Muth is a really bad run blocker (don’t think that will ever change), has average at best pass catching capabilities and still doesn’t know how to read a defense and sit for his QB.
I can agree with you in drafting another QB to compete with Kenny, but I'd also say that it's not all the "crap system" in Kenny's case either, maybe you will, but you shouldn't deny that he's missed open receivers, didn't see them at all, abandoned the pocket too fast, had multiple times where the system was working and it was Kenny that wasn't working right. Yeah, everything about the Steelers is wrong, they do nothing right, but Kenny still could have done more, I still believe on the play he was injured on, he should have thrown an easy TD to Austin but he panicked and ran too soon, you can agree or disagree, but I'm not alone in that analysis. That's just one example of it being Kenny and not the "crap system" of a seriously crap organization, with a crap head coach and autistic owner.

I can agree with you in drafting another QB to compete with Kenny, but I'd also say that it's not all the "crap system" in Kenny's case either, maybe you will, but you shouldn't deny that he's missed open receivers, didn't see them at all, abandoned the pocket too fast, had multiple times where the system was working and it was Kenny that wasn't working right. Yeah, everything about the Steelers is wrong, they do nothing right, but Kenny still could have done more, I still believe on the play he was injured on, he should have thrown an easy TD to Austin but he panicked and ran too soon, you can agree or disagree, but I'm not alone in that analysis. That's just one example of it being Kenny and not the "crap system" of a seriously crap organization, with a crap head coach and autistic owner.
No doubt that his pocket awareness is not good. But that is born of the offensive line. That will improve when the line improves. One thing for sure is hes not Ben. Ben could improvise. Kenny not so much. But it’s also not fair to compare him to a HOF QB.

As far as missing receivers…yep he does. Again, no question about it. But when this offense is as bad as it is…every miss is magnified and if you were to watch any game and QB this weekend, they all have misses. It’s just that their offenses have schemes and playmakers that make up for it. My overriding point is that Kenny isn’t putrid as you say. He isn’t bad as you say.

Heck I’m listening to Peter King right now finally see that there are deep issues with this team because the Steelers have been on national tv the last two weeks and national people are starting to see. He sees that receivers aren’t giving effort and are taking plays off. That also is as problematic for a QB who is skittish in the pocket as a bad oline.

The chips are stacked man and next year we have to have things sorted out with a real NFL offense or we are starting over with another QB.

Last edited:
It’s time to give up on Friemuth. He can’t block a toddler which makes him awful in the run game. He can’t block in the pass game, and he’s average as a receiver.

I like what Merrill Hoge said. Watching him block is like watching turtles hump.

Drafting him and Najee were huge blunders. Draft a Center instead, and our QB play would be 100 times more effective.

yelling "muuuuuth" is beyond disrespectful for Heath.

Reactions: Fk_Pitt
It is. But I think most of us thought Muth could be a good one. I know that I did.

so did I .. but the part I can't stand is the people saying he's this big-time weapon. Same with 18 and 14. "The Steelers have so many weapons" .. no they don't. I think their skill guys (RB, WR, TE) are league average as a group... and that's only because I still believe 14 has some upside and 30 is legit a good RB.

If everyone on this offense left, would anyone really care? I'll take Kahns chances at rebuilding the entire skill groups than keeping any of these guys. They're all easily replaceable.

Reactions: Pitt79
No doubt that his pocket awareness is not good. But that is born of the offensive line. That will improve when the line improves. One thing for sure is hes not Ben. Ben could improvise. Kenny not so much. But it’s also not fair to compare him to a HOF QB.

As far as missing receivers…yep he does. Again, no question about it. But when this offense is as bad as it is…every miss is magnified and if you were to watch any game and QB this weekend, they all have misses. It’s just that their offenses have schemes and playmakers that make up for it. My overriding point is that Kenny isn’t putrid as you say. He isn’t bad as you say.

Heck I’m listening to Peter King right now finally see that there are deep issues with this team because the Steelers have been on national tv the last two weeks and national people are starting to see. He sees that receivers aren’t giving effort and are taking plays off. That also is as problematic for a QB who is skittish in the pocket as a bad oline.

The chips are stacked man and next year we have to have things sorted out with a real NFL offense or we are starting over with another QB.
i think it's fair to say, you really cant move on from Pickett until you see him in an NFL Caliber offense, with a new OC.

What sucks is, with his first 2 years basically wasted, he pretty much has to show dramatic and instant improvement from week one of next season. Another mediocre year, in year 3 and the steelers will pretty much have to start working on a contingent plan..

i knew this would happen too. I freakin knew as soon as Tomlin brought back Canada, i knew this season was going to be a complete waste for this offense and for Pickett. he is literally worse now than he was at this time last year, as a rookie. How is that even possible? in his second season in the nfl, he is worse than as a rookie..

AND THIS FALLS ON TOMLIN FOR NOT FIRING CANADA

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT