ADVERTISEMENT

Positive thoughts about the off-season

lunzhegu

Freshman
Gold Member
Sep 17, 2003
With all the commentary about the coaching staff, let us not forget that they have hired Ontario Lett. In today's P-G, there is an article in which Lett talks about his role to help address issues of toughness and physicality.

http://www.post-gazette.com/sports/...ing-toughness-to-program/stories/201508120022

As I wrote a while ago, Dixon and Knight were here when Pitt was tough. So was Lett. They all know what happened last year. Dixon's animated coaching, the butt of many derogatory comments, was a sign of how desperately he wanted to compete, as if he wanted to jump into the player's skins. Knight's demeanor, which some described as laid-back, often looked to me more like disgust. They tried every player everywhere and ran out of options. They have basically cleaned house and retained a core of solid players and potential contributors.

As far as recruiting, it is worth noting that they were not the only people after those three centers. Why does the Board think those guys chose to come to Pitt? To my mind, they came because they want to become tougher and more physical players so that they might continue playing after college, and Dixon and Pitt still have credibility in that regard.

In the staff's response to what happened last year, I think they have done rather well. They have made bold moves and rolled some dice because they wanted to change the team. Beyond the expected departures of Haughton and Uchebo, I sense their hand in the departures of Johnson and Newkirk.

Like the rest of the Board, I am following their recruiting efforts for 2016 with many hopes and dreams. Still, I am encouraged that the staff's off-season moves show that they know what they are doing, from the player moves to the addition of Lett. And I am more interested to see what happens in the 2015-2016 season than to see who joins the team for the 2016-2017 season.

Last edited:
Reactions: wbrpanther and NTOP
With all the commentary about the coaching staff, let us not forget that they have hired Ontario Lett. In today's P-G, there is an article in which Lett talks about his role to help address issues of toughness and physicality.

http://www.post-gazette.com/sports/...ing-toughness-to-program/stories/201508120022

As I wrote a while ago, Dixon and Knight were here when Pitt was tough. So was Lett. They all know what happened last year. Dixon's animated coaching, the butt of many derogatory comments, was a sign of how desperately he wanted to compete, as if he wanted to jump into the player's skins. Knight's demeanor, which some of described as laid-back, often looked to me more like disgust. They tried every player everywhere and ran out of options. They have basically cleaned house and retained a core of solid players and potential contributors.

As far as recruiting, it is worth noting that they were not the only people after those three centers. Why does the Board think those guys chose to come to Pitt? To my mind, they came because they want to become tougher and more physical players so that they might continue playing after college, and Dixon and Pitt still have credibility in that regard.

In the staff's response to what happened last year, I think they have done rather well. They have made bold moves and rolled some dice because they wanted to change the team. Beyond the expected departures of Haughton and Uchebo, I sense their hand in the departures of Johnson and Newkirk.

Like the rest of the Board, I am following their recruiting efforts for 2016 with many hopes and dreams. Still, I am encouraged that the staff's off-season moves show that they know what they are doing, from the player moves to the addition of Lett. And I am more interested to see what happens in the 2015-2016 season than to see who joins the team for the 2016-2017 season.

Nice post-thanks

As I wrote a while ago, Dixon and Knight were here when Pitt was tough. So was Lett. They all know what happened last year. Dixon's animated coaching, the butt of many derogatory comments, was a sign of how desperately he wanted to compete, as if he wanted to jump into the player's skins. Knight's demeanor, which some described as laid-back, often looked to me more like disgust. They tried every player everywhere and ran out of options. They have basically cleaned house and retained a core of solid players and potential contributors.

Well stated...bravo.

Whatever the incrementally increasing trainwreck (by his standards) of the roster turnover, and spotty recruiting over the last half decade now, there is no doubt on game day at least, JD was blowing a gasket TRYING to get the team to perform. He remains a super competitive guy in that regard at the very least.

I definitely like O Lett returning, hopefully that is an indication of moving back to recruiting the tougher, stouter big men ...

Well that makes my day...hell maybe I'll go buy a lottery ticket I feel so good.

Well that makes my day...hell maybe I'll go buy a lottery ticket I feel so good.

When I read this post, more than anyone else on this board, I suspected it would make your head explode the most.

You make really pessimistic people look like hopeless dreamers, don't you? ;)

When I read this post, more than anyone else on this board, I suspected it would make your head explode the most.

You make really pessimistic people look like hopeless dreamers, don't you? ;)
It's not a schtick either, he posts on several sites and is the same miserable mope on all of them.

It's not a schtick either, he posts on several sites and is the same miserable mope on all of them.

I'm not sure that's a fair characterization. pittizit is a great Pitt fan. Just a poster child for pessimism.

Good post. I too am optimistic about the upcoming season. Last years team showed flashes of very good basketball. The core of the team is returning + we've added a senior guard and 3 post players. Newkirk's departure MIGHT end up helping us in the long run. Because of the surgery he probably wouldn't have played this season anyway.. Winston may look at Pitt's point guard position for 2016-17 and realize this is an excellent opportunity for him to either start immediately or log some serious minutes. Go Pitt!

I'm not sure that's a fair characterization. pittizit is a great Pitt fan. Just a poster child for pessimism.
We're saying the same thing. Poster child for pessimism = miserable mope. I never said he wasn't a fan, just a sad human being. And truly, in life, which is more important?

We're saying the same thing. Poster child for pessimism = miserable mope. I never said he wasn't a fan, just a sad human being. And truly, in life, which is more important?

I just don't necessarily equate pessimism with being miserable. Nor do I think being a pessimist makes one a sad human being. I know plenty of people who are quite pessimistic, however by no means would anyone think of them as sad human beings. I know of one who is one of my favorite people as he's very funny and very fun to be around.

I just don't necessarily equate pessimism with being miserable. Nor do I think being a pessimist makes one a sad human being. I know plenty of people who are quite pessimistic, however by no means would anyone think of them as sad human beings.
Oh, so your thesis is that he is actually happy wallowing in his own depressed state of mind. That is entirely possible. :)

And your shtick seems to be pointing out who is miserable "mopes" on a Pitt BB message board. Do you ever add anything of your own? Anything?

And your shtick seems to be pointing out who is miserable "mopes" on a Pitt BB message board. Do you ever add anything of your own? Anything?
Do you? Admit it, you only post to get the negative attention. I will give you this though, you are less mopey than this other guy. Lets see how long it takes you to get yet ANOTHER a thread deleted. A shame too, because it was a decent OP.

The answer to that is NO... he NEVER adds anything of significance.

Rather, he tries to get into the psyche of other posters and point out their lackings. That is ALL he does.

At least Goldy is entertaining. Unfortunately, his posts do not last very long on this board.

Rather, he tries to get into the psyche of other posters and point out their lackings. That is ALL he does.

At least Goldy is entertaining. Unfortunately, his posts do not last very long on this board.
No, it would take someone with an advanced degree in psychology to delve into you guys' psyche. name once recently when I criticized you for anything (this post aside). Honestly, you have criticized me more than I you recently. And to be fair, I didn't even call out Pittizit, DT did. I just agreed. What does Pittizit add to the board? Constant reminders of how depressed he is? What does recruits add besides daily updates on how much he hates Barton? Seems you are pretty loose on assigning who adds value or not.

Last edited:

The addition of the 3 centers, even if they are not stars, is so huge for this team. It allows Mike Young to play his natural position. So instead of being, just a run-of-the-mill "5," Young can be an All-American caliber PF, I believe, playing against smaller players.

And even though "5 by committee" may not have the offensive prowess as Young, Young's frame hindered our defense. He's not a great defensive player, nor rebounder (though he's an adequate rebounder) but getting some length and bulk under there will deter the layup drills teams were running against us last season.

I am really excited about this season. I think this team can finish 3rd or 4th in the ACC and come out of nowhere like ND did last year.

No, it would take someone with an advanced degree in psychology to delve into you guys' psyche. name once recently when I criticized you for anything (this post aside). Honestly, you have criticized me more than I you recently. And to be fair, I didn't even call out Pittizit, DT did. I just agreed. What does Pittizit add to the board? Constant reminders of how depressed he is? What does recruits add besides daily updates on how much he hates Barton? Seems you are pretty loose on assigning who adds value or not.
BTW, Barton is the guy who has been watching Justice Kithcart since January and Kithcart says they have" a good relationship." Probably the kiss of death, huh?

Exactly, the dynamic duo love to point out others shortcomings then blame them when "a thread is removed". I am called "humorless" and a "mope" by the these guys when I am poking obvious fun at myself in that other thread. In other words, I was offering myself up as a sort of peace offering. And I still was attacked. They have this narrative and poster profile they have created, and they will damn well make sure that it is adhered to. I am done with that.

Post something Kiwi. A thought, an opinion, something even if it is wrong. Just offer something other than snarky retorts at who you don't see fit to post. Thanks

Exactly, the dynamic duo love to point out others shortcomings then blame them when "a thread is removed". I am called "humorless" and a "mope" by the these guys when I am poking obvious fun at myself in that other thread. In other words, I was offering myself up as a sort of peace offering. And I still was attacked. They have this narrative and poster profile they have created, and they will damn well make sure that it is adhered to. I am done with that.

Post something Kiwi. A thought, an opinion, something even if it is wrong. Just offer something other than snarky retorts at who you don't see fit to post. Thanks
I never called you a mope in that other thread. You weren't attacked, souf was playing along with your joke, and you took offense.
#Liar
#Perpetual vicitm

Uh Oh, you said that. Question, is Kithcart any good?
I thought you'd like that one, Owtie.

Who knows how good any of this second wave of guards are? Simmer had it right some years back when he said there are a handful of elite kids in each class and after that handful, the next 150 to 250 are almost the same. Bobby Mo has shown there are a lot of guards who can run around and score the ball. Playing a full , rounded game is harder, as Josh found out.

His videos look a lot like Newkirk. He's fast and attacks the rim fearlessly. Seems to have an aggressive attitude. Most of his videos focus on attacking the rim, but there are a few where his jumper looks OK. He can get to tge rim in the open court but I have no clue if he can defend.

He looks a little longer than Moore or Simpson. Maybe more polished than White but White has probably played in bigger games and better AAU competition.

One of the issues that fuels some of the uncertainty on here is that the current staff no longer leaks information about recruiting. In the past, guys like Slice and Herrion (and others, but those were most prolific) fed information to various outlets and we generally had at least an idea of the staff's thinking on priorities.

Now, especially since the Jeter transfer came out prematurely and he had to sit a year, everything is sealed like it is national security. Offers get tweeted by the kids and writers who follow hoops and AAU coaches talk up some kids. We're linked to names but nobody really knows how hard we're pushing for most of them.

As DT has said, it's impossible to believe a guy like Jamie doesn't have a plan, because Jamie hs ALWAYS had a plan, but the details aren't obvious. I really don't think he's just throwing stuff at a wall to see what sticks. It would be a lot easier if he shared it with us, but that's not gonna happen.

I think we're still keying on Stevens and Winston. Both will be visiting in a couple weeks. It appears, from the names that are popping up, that we are focusing on assuring we have plenty of options at guard lined up. It's my assumption that after the visit from Cassius Winston, they'll have a better feel as to our chances and might be able to see Pitt set priorities with other guards.

Again, it's my guess and I could be wrong, but I think we'll sign at least two guards. If one of them isn't Winston, it could be three. Maybe it should be three. Damon Wilson is the only guard on the roster for the 2016 season, and he still has eligibility questions. Jones and Johnson are really more 3's than 2's and Jones would be a senior then anyway.

Hopefully some of them can play.

Clearly, we have the assistants beating the bushes for prospects. Including your buddy Bill.

I hope OLett can bring back some of that toughness and swagger. I do. But Brandin Knight was about as tough as they come also, and so far it has not translated on the court to guys. I just think the guys now are different types of players.

Two things I think we mostly all agree with:

1) We should be okay this year given the natural progression/evolution of players that normally comes with experience, provided no other key injuries. We should at least be a tourney team.

2) The future is a concern given this staff's questionable recruiting. This may change as we move on, but this is making that judgment on present events.

I hope OLett can bring back some of that toughness and swagger. I do. But Brandin Knight was about as tough as they come also, and so far it has not translated on the court to guys. I just think the guys now are different types of players.

Two things I think we mostly all agree with:

1) We should be okay this year given the natural progression/evolution of players that normally comes with experience, provided no other key injuries. We should at least be a tourney team.

2) The future is a concern given this staff's questionable recruiting. This may change as we move on, but this is making that judgment on present events.

RRTB.... as far as us being 'OK' this year.... there still remains the situation of moving Artis to SF and Young to PF, and if it will work. Not saying this shouldn't be done BUT.... you are moving your top two scorers from last year to positions where they have not excelled at in the past. Only time will tell if this works out and to what extent. Could be feast or famine with this.

Also, even before the Newkirk transfer, there is the open question of who spells Robinson. If Wilson is declared NOT eligible, then we are pretty thin at guard. We would have a 3 man rotation of Robinson, Smith and Jones, with Slim being the 4th man in and after that.... walk-ons. So, this is another open question.

Lastly... just having an 'OK' season is not what this program needs. ACC Championship game and sweet 16 or better is what is needed to get the recruits coming here again.

So, IMO should be an interesting season.

RRTB.... as far as us being 'OK' this year.... there still remains the situation of moving Artis to SF and Young to PF, and if it will work. Not saying this shouldn't be done BUT.... you are moving your top two scorers from last year to positions where they have not excelled at in the past. Only time will tell if this works out and to what extent. Could be feast or famine with this.

Also, even before the Newkirk transfer, there is the open question of who spells Robinson. If Wilson is declared NOT eligible, then we are pretty thin at guard. We would have a 3 man rotation of Robinson, Smith and Jones, with Slim being the 4th man in and after that.... walk-ons. So, this is another open question.

Lastly... just having an 'OK' season is not what this program needs. ACC Championship game and sweet 16 or better is what is needed to get the recruits coming here again.

I share your concerns about Artis at SF, but not about Young returning to PF. I'm not sure how you are defining "not excelled at", but for a freshman with back problems I thought Young did reasonably well starting at PF.

I guess I am being......wait for it....OPTIMISTIC. Based on the fact that Young's workload could be lessened a bit, we have an improvement at D at the 5 spot, and again Artis by just being a year older. Though not expecting him to be a stopper in any sense.

Look, we tend to overemphasize defense as a Pitt BB fan. Our worst defensive team of the last 12 years (until last) was likely our best team. Neither Sam, Dejuan or Levance were particularly strong defenders. But last year's defense was just mind blowingly bad. All it has to do is be merely competent because Artis, Young and at times Jeter, are excellent offensively.

Look, we tend to overemphasize defense as a Pitt BB fan. Our worst defensive team of the last 12 years (until last) was likely our best team. Neither Sam, Dejuan or Levance were particularly strong defenders. But last year's defense was just mind blowingly bad. All it has to do is be merely competent because Artis, Young and at times Jeter, are excellent offensively.

I do not agree. The 2009 was not elite defensively, but still strong (24th in defense per Pomeroy).

Comparisons:
2002 - 12
2003 - 2
2004 - 1
2005 - 58
2006 - 11
2007 - 30
2008 - 64
2009 - 24
2010 - 28
2011 - 22
2012 - 149
2013 - 21
2014 - 29
2015 - 202

I think the case could be made that we, as Pitt fans, do not emphasize defense enough.

Last edited:
I share your concerns about Artis at SF, but not about Young returning to PF. I'm not sure how you are defining "not excelled at", but for a freshman with back problems I thought Young did reasonably well starting at PF.

As a freshman every time Young tried to post up at PF.... he just got his shot blocked back into his face. Then, last year, playing C, he developed into a very good post up player... but it was mainly out quicking the slower Cs he was going up against. He also was given a chance to play some PF last year and... did not excell. Too little time there to be sure, but one thing for sure he will not have the quickness advantage he had over Cs if he is playing PF.

From his interview.... it's as if he sees himself stepping more outside for 3balls and the like... but he really isn't any better than Maia and ANO in this regard and... Mike is a pretty good player but he is NOT as good a shooter as Jamel Artis. No way.

I respect the fact that playing MY at C meant he was getting worn down... and it showed on both ends of the court but particularly on the D end. I am sure Dixon knows this better than anyone, and that's why he is making the change.

But, the thing is.... will it allow MY to dominate... and be a better player than he was last year?

To be honest I am not sure it will but.... we will just have to wait and see.

As a freshman every time Young tried to post up at PF.... he just got his shot blocked back into his face. Then, last year, playing C, he developed into a very good post up player... but it was mainly out quicking the slower Cs he was going up against. He also was given a chance to play some PF last year and... did not excell. Too little time there to be sure, but one thing for sure he will not have the quickness advantage he had over Cs if he is playing PF.

From his interview.... it's as if he sees himself stepping more outside for 3balls and the like... but he really isn't any better than Maia and ANO in this regard and... Mike is a pretty good player but he is NOT as good a shooter as Jamel Artis. No way.

I respect the fact that playing MY at C meant he was getting worn down... and it showed on both ends of the court but particularly on the D end. I am sure Dixon knows this better than anyone, and that's why he is making the change.

But, the thing is.... will it allow MY to dominate... and be a better player than he was last year?

To be honest I am not sure it will but.... we will just have to wait and see.

I think we will find Mike to be equally effective this coming year, and even a little better because he will be more consistent. In other words, his best offensive games won't be much better, but he'll have very few games where he will struggle offensively like he did last year.

I don't believe this improvement will have much if anything to do with his playing the 5 or 4. Just the improvement in consistency that comes with experience. I suspect we'll see a similar improvement on the defensive end, again because of experience.

No one knows how things will work out with our new players and new alignment, including the coaches. The main reason I said the staff made bold moves is that they were not afraid to change the team. They showed their seriousness about Pitt basketball. They knew they couldn't take last year's team into this year. They needed to clean house, and what is most important, they actually did it. What would the Board be like if we were going into the season with last year's underclassmen? From a team with two scholarship seniors graduating, there are six scholarship players gone, and there are five new players and a new coach for the post. I give the coaches credit for that.

I give them credit for something else, too. They showed they cared. They kept working. From last year's earliest games, knowledgeable posters were pointing out that we had big problems, and reports were that the coaches also knew it. By the Duquesne game, the coaches were already shaking things up and sending messages. By the later part of the season, when it was reasonable to wonder why some players even saw the court at all, a single look at the bench told the story. The coaches had no better options, but they kept working the players and encouraging them and giving them chances to overcome their mistakes. As difficult as it was for us to watch many of those performances, I cannot imagine how frustrating it must have been for the coaches. During the games, Dixon was not ashamed to wear his frustration for all to see, but he never disgraced a player in public. When a lot of coaches might have shrugged off the season, Dixon kept fighting and showed a lot of energy.

We can criticize the coaches for not having better players. That is a general and valid concern. There are many vicissitudes in recruiting, and some players who come never click. They didn't get Mike Thorne but they got three other guys who have shown some game. They didn't get Trey Lewis but they got Sterling Smith. On paper, maybe Illinois and Louisville did better than we did, but last year Louisville's getting top-rated JUCO Chris Jones ended poorly. Let's not judge our new guys by what they are when they get here. Whether they are good or not so good, every season is a new story. And then we get a big bunch of new guys again the next year. And the year after that, another big new bunch comes in. That's three new alignments coming up. Personally, I like it.

Last edited:
Reactions: NTOP and KiwiJeff
No one knows how things will work out with our new players and new alignment, including the coaches. The main reason I said the staff made bold moves is that they were not afraid to change the team. They showed their seriousness about Pitt basketball. They knew they couldn't take last year's team into this year. They needed to clean house, and what is most important, they actually did it. What would the Board be like if we were going into the season with last year's underclassmen? From a team with two scholarship seniors graduating, there are six scholarship players gone, and there are five new players and a new coach for the post. I give the coaches credit for that.

I give them credit for something else, too. They showed they cared. They kept working. From last year's earliest games, knowledgeable posters were pointing out that we had big problems. By the Duquesne game, the coaches were already shaking things up and sending messages. By the later part of the season, when it was reasonable to wonder why some players even saw the court at all, a single look at the bench told the story. The coaches had no better options, but they kept working the players and encouraging them and giving them chances to overcome their mistakes. As difficult as it was for us to watch many of those performances, I cannot imagine how frustrating it must have been for the coaches. During the games, Dixon was not ashamed to wear his frustration for all to see, but he never disgraced a player in public. When a lot of coaches might have shrugged off the season, Dixon kept fighting and showed a lot of energy.

We can criticize the coaches for not having better players. That is a general and valid concern. There are many vicissitudes in recruiting, and some players who come never click. They didn't get Mike Thorne but they got three other guys who have shown some game. They didn't get Trey Lewis but they got Sterling Smith. On paper, maybe Illinois and Louisville did better than we did, but last year Louisville's getting top-rated JUCO Chris Jones ended poorly. Let's not judge our new guys by what they are when they get here. Whether they are good or not so good, every season is a new story. And then we get a big bunch of new guys again the next year. And the year after that, another big new bunch comes in. That's three new alignments coming up. Personally, I like it.

I think it can be said that last year Dixon was not playing with a full deck of cards.

Haughton was an absolute zero... as was Durand who got suspended for the year.

Then, Cam Johnson had the shoulder injury and was lost for the year.

That leaves you with just 10 scholarship players. In the past you would typically have some freshmen red shirt but this does not leave you much room.

Then there was Randall who never put out the work effort to realize his potential. Was consistently inconsistent out there. And Uchebo and his knee. Tried really hard but could not get past that. Then there was Newkirk and his total digression. Turning the ball over and putting up bad shots. And Luther, who showed some good play early but after that it was nada. Too much for the freshman.

These four still saw the court but that was simply because there was nobody else. They were not meeting even minimal standards for a good team.

So, that left us with Robinson, Wright, Jones, Jeter, Artis, and Young. Six players that can play and you ain't gonna go far with just that many.

Five of these six are back and now added.... Smith, Maia, ANO and (hopefully) Wilson.... and Cam Johnson should be back as well. The three transfers in are all PROVEN players.... unlike, for example,. Randall who was bad even at Rutgers. Wilson, if he gets the clearance, has significant potential as does Slim.

With Newkirk gone that leaves one open scholly and the guess here is that Nix and Luther will both get RSed.

But, that still leaves Dixon with 10 players that can play and that is a lot more than he had last year.

So, now we get to see what Dixon does with the full deck of cards.

Well, in around three months we get to see.

I think we will find Mike to be equally effective this coming year, and even a little better because he will be more consistent. In other words, his best offensive games won't be much better, but he'll have very few games where he will struggle offensively like he did last year.

I don't believe this improvement will have much if anything to do with his playing the 5 or 4. Just the improvement in consistency that comes with experience. I suspect we'll see a similar improvement on the defensive end, again because of experience.

The problem I have with Young and Artis on the defensive end... is I don't see them putting out the effort that you would want. Not going at it quite enough. They are not BAD.... but they aren't playing the kind of D Pitt teams in the past have played. I see this (in replays of last year's games) with Artis switching off his man too much and Young being a bit slow on covering his man at times.

With Dixon having moved Artis to SF (and what does this mean for Jeter?) so that MY can play all his minutes at PF, IMO Mike Young better bring it this year. Dixon has gone out of his way to facilitate him so... time for him to respond.

The thing Dixon should do if they are not bringing it on the defensive end... is to sit their butts down. Cut down on their MPG. He couldn't do that last year but this year he can for sure.

The problem I have with Young and Artis on the defensive end... is I don't see them putting out the effort that you would want. Not going at it quite enough. They are not BAD.... but they aren't playing the kind of D Pitt teams in the past have played. I see this (in replays of last year's games) with Artis switching off his man too much and Young being a bit slow on covering his man at times.

With Dixon having moved Artis to SF (and what does this mean for Jeter?) so that MY can play all his minutes at PF, IMO Mike Young better bring it this year. Dixon has gone out of his way to facilitate him so... time for him to respond.

The thing Dixon should do if they are not bringing it on the defensive end... is to sit their butts down. Cut down on their MPG. He couldn't do that last year but this year he can for sure.
I agree with that, Zara. I think it both Artis and Young really work on the D end, we'll be a much improved team.

I agree with that, Zara. I think it both Artis and Young really work on the D end, we'll be a much improved team.

Young was ok on defense when he had a better counterpart in the post on D in Zanna, I just think the pairing of Artis and Young down low was a bad combo. I'm optimistic some combination of Ododa, Maia, and Nix will greatly improve the post defense. I've been pretty critical of Artis on defense, but if he works on it he can be respectable.

Young was ok on defense when he had a better counterpart in the post on D in Zanna, I just think the pairing of Artis and Young down low was a bad combo. I'm optimistic some combination of Ododa, Maia, and Nix will greatly improve the post defense. I've been pretty critical of Artis on defense, but if he works on it he can be respectable.

Maia is, more than anything else, known as a rebounder (and Dixon LIKES rebounders)... having led the Ivy League the last three years running in that regard.

ANO... has a 7+ wingspan and is known as a shot blocker (and Dixon loves shot blockers as well).

Since both of them are listed as FORWARDS *NOT* CENTERS... both of them can play PF as well as C so, I would not be surprised to see both of them out there at times together with ANO playing PF. Yeah, this will work if we are getting scoring from our perimeter players.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT