ADVERTISEMENT

Pre NCAA selection thoughts

PittMBA

Senior
Gold Member
Jul 10, 2001
I’m assuming a win vs Syracuse.

ACC champs and #1 seed are my expectations.

Klika has strung together some really strong games - she was excellent Vs Louisville and again tonight. Hopefully a hot hand through the NCAAs.

Griffin has a wicked serve - she’s an X factor that just wasn’t part of the equation until the Ga Tech match.

VVG has become an excellent all around player - excellent server, hitter , and a solid in the back row.

Tonight’s crowd was outstanding- the brand is really building. Such a fun and exciting atmosphere—

Feel like this team is a true national championship contender— so excited for the next few weeks .

This team has a special vibe to it.Playing there best volleyball at the right time
That hits the bulls eye. Just a few weeks ago in Florida....the team looked shaky.....not so anymore. Take last night....9 aces....10 blocks.....Fairbanks setting was on the mark....Klika looked like a different player. At Miami Lopez had 24 kills...last night 4....and she hit -.053. I kept looking at Miami's coach as the game wore on....towards the end he was MIA....lost in his thoughts and dejected. Last night's crowd was electric. The anticipation of getting a top 4 seed is now just 3 short days away.

That hits the bulls eye. Just a few weeks ago in Florida....the team looked shaky.....not so anymore. Take last night....9 aces....10 blocks.....Fairbanks setting was on the mark....Klika looked like a different player. At Miami Lopez had 24 kills...last night 4....and she hit -.053. I kept looking at Miami's coach as the game wore on....towards the end he was MIA....lost in his thoughts and dejected. Last night's crowd was electric. The anticipation of getting a top 4 seed is now just 3 short days away.
The awesome part about getting a 1 seed is the electric home crowd will get (hopefully) 4 more chances to watch the team play! We haven’t lost a match at home since the Oregon one early in the season and the crowd has definitely been part of that.

The other thing on the topic of Lopez, Babcock locked up the ACC freshman of the year award last night - 15 kills, hit .520, 3 blocks, 3 aces, 6 digs - while Lopez had 4 kills, hit negative, no aces, no blocks, 2 digs. Not even remotely close. And I would still say Liv is the front runner for ACC Player of the Year.

The awesome part about getting a 1 seed is the electric home crowd will get (hopefully) 4 more chances to watch the team play! We haven’t lost a match at home since the Oregon one early in the season and the crowd has definitely been part of that.

The other thing on the topic of Lopez, Babcock locked up the ACC freshman of the year award last night - 15 kills, hit .520, 3 blocks, 3 aces, 6 digs - while Lopez had 4 kills, hit negative, no aces, no blocks, 2 digs. Not even remotely close. And I would still say Liv is the front runner for ACC Player of the Year.
I agree that Babcock is the ACC FOY. I was amazed how Lopez was completely throttled last night. She was even taken out of the game in the 3rd set. I also agree Babcock should be POY....just not sure they'll give it to a freshman.

I agree that Babcock is the ACC FOY. I was amazed how Lopez was completely throttled last night. She was even taken out of the game in the 3rd set. I also agree Babcock should be POY....just not sure they'll give it to a freshman.
Not sure how they do all conference- but have to think Babcock, Stafford , Fairbanks, Monks and maybe VVG should be

Not sure how they do all conference- but have to think Babcock, Stafford , Fairbanks, Monks and maybe VVG should be
Thats fair. I’m gonna do a thread on All-ACC and awards predictions either later today or tomorrow, just need to look more on how it’s been structured the past few years

Reactions: vantheman1976
And you were spot on.Lopez is a very good player.They need to stay focused tomorrow.

Reactions: Chaos
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT