ADVERTISEMENT

'Preseason's Over'

Let the real season begin

I get prioritizing conference play. But I think they should have been equally prepared for non conference given 4-0 was a real possibility and not something that has happened here in a while.

And again I'm not saying they didn't adequately prepare. Just an odd quote.

https://triblive.com/sports/preseas...s-for-georgia-tech-and-the-start-of-acc-play/

I really don't like the headline. I'm sure he didn't mean it like that but that quote bothers me a little bit. Preseason indicates you are still working things out and aren't preparing the same as you would for conference play. Which might help explain the WMU loss.
Preparation is one thing, and Pitt really needs to be prepared for a fast, athletic and aggressive GT team on both sides of the ball. What they did to UNC last week and how tough they played vs all those Clemson 5*’s & 4*’s showed that.

Adjustments are another thing. If something happens in the 1st half of a game that looks like it has the potential to cause damage to your team, you HAVE to adjust. Then readjust if things change in the 2H. Scheme. Personnel. Deployment. Whatever it takes. That’s something that will be most interesting to see this week and for all the remaining ACC games.

There will be mistakes made by players in every game. By both teams. Errors of commission will happen. But errors of omission have to really be limited by the Panthers. Can’t allow a repeat of the kinds of things from 2 weeks ago. On the field or the sidelines.

Reactions: FireballZ
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT