ADVERTISEMENT

Random Thoughts

mike412

Head Coach
Gold Member
Jul 1, 2001
Santa Monica, CA
1. Was there any announcement of players missing the game with Covid versus an injury? Neither Camp nor Alexandre played and neither did Pine.

2. The defense played its heart out but was on the field way too much due to the offense’s inability to get a first down so many times. With two starters out on the defensive line, they just ran out of gas in the fourth quarter.

3. Brandon Hill played well and I thought Hallett and Woods played okay. I don’t remember Williams being in but I saw in the official statistics that he got credit for one tackle. Devonshire was another story. MSU picked on him on every critical play and it worked. He got beat on the 4th and 6 and on both 4th quarter TDS, including a 3rd and 15.

4. I was impressed with Patti before he got hurt. Showed great mobility , which we all knew he had, but I thought he threw the ball well. I don’t think he can throw deep though. At least he didn’t try. Beville, on the other hand, moves like he has cast iron boots on. He is very slow in decision making too. That indecisiveness along with lack of mobility is fatal in a QB.

5. Izzy has great potential, but man is he injury-prone. He went out on what didn’t even look like a hard hit and never came back. I don’t see how he can be counted on as the future feature back when he can’t be counted on to be healthy enough to play.

6. No way Davis should carry on 3rd and short. He plays hard; he blocks; he makes the occasional really nice run; he fights for extra yards when he has momentum going forward. But, he never should be in there in 3rd and 1. He doesn’t have great vision and sometimes misses the hole but most importantly he isn’t strong enough and big enough to blast for two yards.

7. I hope Shocky graduated and finds a good job. He should move on.

8. If Patti doesn’t go down with an injury, we win. If Pickett had played, we win by two or three TDs. If we had all of our DL and LBs healthy, we win. But, we didn’t and we lost. I hate losing but this loss doesn’t bother me that much.

9. I hope Cam Bright returns. I think we seriously lack depth at LB although I thing Kamala has the potential to be very good.

10. We need the WR from Akron and at least one LB in the transfer portal.

11. Tim Salem cannot be the next OC, although I did like the double reverse.

12. I have been a critic of HCPN, but he had an excellent year. Except for his clock management and use of timeouts.

13. I am one of those who thinks the Big Ten is overrated. However, it is hard to argue with their bowl performance. Thank goodness for the PAC-12 which saves the ACC from being totally embarrassed.

13. I am optimistic about the future.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News